Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2023 5:19 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^
Can be, but every adult was once one.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2023 3:18 pm

The Grandson turned 7 on Sunday. Daughter bought him over Sunday lunchtime after they'd done morning birthday activities, for his first sleepover.

He absolutely loved how I'd converted the old spare/junk room to a bedroom for him. Loved the study bunk and the 35" TV I mounted on the wall so he could lay in bed or sit at the desk underneath and watch.

That created an instant and interesting change of dynamic though. Previously when he'd come over he had no space to call his own and so was constantly 3 feet from me but with his own space he was more than happy to chill in his room, watch TV, play with toys, colour in etc etc. Took a bit of getting used to but was a lot less tiring.

Geez the little bloke can eat. Monday morning he got up at 6:30, soon as he heard me get up. First breakfast was cereal in his room, at his desk watching TV.
He had a busy day the previous day so was content to chill today. I did some exercise and had a shower and was just getting breakfast at 8:30 when he came looking for a second breakfast, another bowl of cereal.

Morning tea at 11am was a smoothie with blueberries, banana, strawberries and milk.

Lunch at 12:40 was a ham, cheese and tomato sandwich with a handful of Pringles on the side and a glass of chocolate milk.

Afternoon tea at 2:30 was a slurpee from BP and a small snak pak of chips.

Dinner at 5:30 was 4 chippolata sausages, slice of bread, potato salad, coleslaw, cherry tomatoes and cucumber slices followed by a bowl of icecream with ice magic and sprinkles.

I loved having him and love that he loves coming over.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:47 am

7?

Bloody hell how fast isthat!

Go you on his room, sounds amazing xx

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:35 pm

Cheers Jo.

Had my first session with the Psych this morning, 3 months after I quit my job. Shaking like a cat shitting razorblades in the waiting room, 1 hour went in a heart beat. I think I can work with this one.

Initial diagnoses confirms what I'd come up with, my current situation is a cumulative thing. Session Ł$%$ed me up for the morning, but settled by the afternoon. Happy that I've finally got started, it's difficult talking about shit to a stranger but she got me to remember things I hadn't thought of in decades.

1 session down, just a step in the right direction. Life goes on and I ain't planning on bailing out just yet.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:27 am

stui magpie wrote:
Cheers Jo.

Had my first session with the Psych this morning, 3 months after I quit my job. Shaking like a cat shitting razorblades in the waiting room, 1 hour went in a heart beat. I think I can work with this one.

Initial diagnoses confirms what I'd come up with, my current situation is a cumulative thing. Session ďż˝$%$ed me up for the morning, but settled by the afternoon. Happy that I've finally got started, it's difficult talking about shit to a stranger but she got me to remember things I hadn't thought of in decades.

1 session down, just a step in the right direction. Life goes on and I ain't planning on bailing out just yet.

^ Nice one Stui 👍

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:48 am

Our kitchen renovations have started. We live in a small older late 40’s cream brick (double brick) Art deco sort of house with a big backyard. We extended it 22 years ago but as they pulled away the old kitchen and you can see the shell you see how poor some of their work was.

The new kitchen will be basically all white gloss no handles for the cabinet work and white manufactured stone benches with some granite like patterns through it. Light green / sage colour ceramic tiles for the splashback.

I’ve used this company before to do huge work on my Mum’s place. My neighbour who is a retired builder reckoned the company we’re using is pricey but thorough. They’re local too which is great.

Using super to pay for it.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:31 am

^

Sounds good. How does that work, dipping into your Super? I know you're past preservation age so you have access to it, but I thought you couldn't get it while still working?

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:09 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Sounds good. How does that work, dipping into your Super? I know you're past preservation age so you have access to it, but I thought you couldn't get it while still working?

You can access it tax free thankfully.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 5:12 pm

Nice. Only 2 and a bit years to go.
partypie 

PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2023 6:12 pm

I got a free snag from the local Magpies team sausage sizzle at Bunnings today!!!!
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:02 am

Good stuff! Nothing like a Bunnings sausage sizzle Smile
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:05 pm

partypie wrote:
I got a free snag from the local Magpies team sausage sizzle at Bunnings today!!!!

Nice one. I broke over 12 months vegetarianism through a Bunnings snag some years ago.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 2:07 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nice. Only 2 and a bit years to go.

Not long then.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 5:12 pm

2 years isn't long.

Got on the scales this morning, 87.4kg Very Happy I haven't been that weight since my 20's.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:47 pm

stui magpie wrote:
2 years isn't long.

Got on the scales this morning, 87.4kg Very Happy I haven't been that weight since my 20's.

Can I borrow your scales?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 80, 81, 82 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 81 of 104   

Jump to: