Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#14 James Aish

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

We paid (effectively) Pick 26 & currently Pick 22 (St. Kilda's pick this year) for Aish with a few downgrades added in.

The total points of Pick 22 & Pick 26 is equal to Pick 7. Hine overpaid bigtime.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:22 am

Didaksgoal wrote:
Aish will be fine, give it time.

I agree. Wasn't keen to recruit, Treloar either for that matter, but that was mainly as I thought KPD or KPF was a higher priority. I still think the kid has a lot of potential. Just finding his feet in a new club.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:25 am

In my opinion, Aish's current issues seem to be confidence-related rather than a talent-based issue.

He wasn't a top 10 draft pick for no reason! The guy can play but right now along with most of the team, they're playing with no confidence.

Jez07 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:30 am

Aish can play but he is coming into a poorly structured side, and a coach who has halted his development.

You can't tell me there is a benefit of going over to Perth when you are dropped and expecting to comeback the next week with no game and form.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:34 am

Are they exactly the same?
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:36 am

Jezza wrote:
In my opinion, Aish's current issues seem to be confidence-related rather than a talent-based issue.

He wasn't a top 10 draft pick for no reason! The guy can play but right now along with most of the team, they're playing with no confidence.

I agree he has the Talent but he lack Self-Confidence in his Skills. Just have to Figure out how to Restore it to where it was in his 1st Year in the AFL and his 2 Underage Years for SA and Norwood.

They play where he Dodged a Guy and Kicked it to Crocker showed that the Talent is there

Question do we have the People at the Club that can help him do that?

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:45 am

Considering he's a 3rd year player, I have seen nothing to suggest he can play senior footy. I honestly can't remember a player looking so out of his depth.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:51 am

Redlight wrote:
Forget Aish, does anyone here think that Treloar isn't worth two first-round picks?

I'd do that deal again in a heartbeat, he shows all the signs of being our next truly elite player.

Think we paid market value for both Treloar and Aish. Time will tell if the market set the price right.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 12:53 am

Jezza wrote:

Agree. Varcoe and Adams both took time to settle when they arrived. Happy to allow Aish the same.

Last edited by jackcass on Tue May 10, 2016 12:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:05 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Considering he's a 3rd year player, I have seen nothing to suggest he can play senior footy. I honestly can't remember a player looking so out of his depth.

Guess you did not watch him Pre-Draft and when he was at Norwood and Playing in U-18 Champs

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:07 am

jackcass wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Forget Aish, does anyone here think that Treloar isn't worth two first-round picks?

I'd do that deal again in a heartbeat, he shows all the signs of being our next truly elite player.

Think we paid market value for both Treloar and Aish. Time will tell if the market set the price right.

Agree - Both Players where Chased by Other Teams.

Treloar - Richmond

Aish - North

So he was never going to get them Cheap. Though 1 2nd Rounder for Aish might be bit on the Cheap Side.

So we have to give it a few seasons to see IF we get what we paid for them or not

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:09 am

jackcass wrote:
Jezza wrote:

Agree. Varcoe and Dams both took time to settle when they arrived. Happy to allow Aish the same.

Been Quite a few Players that took Even a Season to hit there Straps.

Look at Leroy Brown and Paul Medhurst for that but then 2nd Season where Massive

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 1:19 am

jackcass wrote:
Redlight wrote:

The only problem lads, is the 2016 perception of "market value".

So let's recap back to the very start of that trade period: Geelong secure Dangerfield for only one first round pick, not two, from the Cows.
Even allowing for his age, and how many more seasons he may or may not produce, they still got one of the best midfielders in the country for one first round pick. Therefore the market rate has thus been set.
This leaves Geelong with enough pick currency to secure both Henderson and Smith with later round selections, from Carlton and GCS.

So by that adjusted market value, how does Treloar suddenly become more expensive than Dangerfield, in terms of what selections we had to part with to secure him?
Both players wanted to come to the club of their choice, yet we had to cough up TWICE to secure a player not yet an A-grader, unlike Dangerfield who is? Thus the perception we in fact "paid overs" for Treloar.

Not sure if Dangerfield's capacity as a free-agent impacted the trading though, you might have to remind me?

And never mind Treloar; how many picks could GWS demand for say Dylan Shiel or Toby Greene now?! Really ugly machinations here.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 3:34 am

Dangerfield could have walked and only ever wanted to go to one team. Presumably Adelaide took the deal because it was better than the free agency compensation they were going to get from the AFL. Treloar was in a bidding war and wasn't much fussed, it seems, whether he landed at Collingwood or Richmond. We paid what we had to pay to get him. Whether he is worth it, time will tell. I've never been much excited by him and I'm still not - but I'm willing to act on the assumption that they did it for good reason. Consequently, I'm happy to wait and see if he develops into the player they thought they were getting.

As for Aish, query whether a mid-second-round draft pick was much at all to give up for a player they rated highly in his draft year and still wanted. Whether they should have wanted him is a whole different question - and one it is way too early to answer definitively.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue May 10, 2016 4:20 am

In his first year at Brisbane, Aish looked like he was going to become a very good player.

In his second year he didn't show the same signs. Lions knew he wanted out and possibly kept him out of their 22. Maybe/maybe not. Either way, when he played, he didn't show the same signs.

So far at Collingwood, he hasn't show anything. Brisbane are probably wishing they traded him for Beams a year earlier. But, they'd probably be feeling pretty good about getting two 2nd round picks.

Aish still has time to turn things around, but he needs to get a move on.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 82 of 117   

Jump to: