Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:58 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Laughing Laughing
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:32 am

stui magpie wrote:
2 years isn't long.

Got on the scales this morning, 87.4kg Very Happy I haven't been that weight since my 20's.

Well done, taking weight off as we get older gets harder each year. It's as much a mental barrier to get through as anything, having to retrain the mind and develop better habits.
You walking further? Have any new routines outside of the food?
I'm on the cusp of breaking under 80kg again, but feel off the exercise so stalled at 81kg. I'm making a fresh push over the coming weeks.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 9:02 am

Picking up a share in the horse Velorum.

https://mdata.racingnsw.com.au/InteractiveForm/HorseWinsPlacing.aspx?HorseCode=MTE2NTgyNzg5NA%3d%3d&src=horsesearch

This bloke was purchased by Darby racing as a yearling. He;s a full brother to Group 1 winner Stronger, who was purchased for $1.04 million.
Velorum didn't win big races early, so Darby racing, as they do, have moved him on. They want Group winners and push those who don't perform early, out the door.
They purchased this bloke for $430,000 and sold him for $70,000 in July. He had 1 start for those owners, ran a 6 length 9th in a $150k race @ Randwick before going shin sore. We picked him up for $30,000... we'll get that, and some when he wins in Brisbane in a few months time. Cool

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 2:32 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
2 years isn't long.

Got on the scales this morning, 87.4kg Very Happy I haven't been that weight since my 20's.

Well done, taking weight off as we get older gets harder each year. It's as much a mental barrier to get through as anything, having to retrain the mind and develop better habits.
You walking further? Have any new routines outside of the food?
I'm on the cusp of breaking under 80kg again, but feel off the exercise so stalled at 81kg. I'm making a fresh push over the coming weeks.

Cheers Laurie,

I'm not trying to lose more weight, I was happy sitting on 90kg after I dropped down from 105kg a couple of years ago.

Main difference lately is having quit my job, I'm not sitting at a desk 8 hours a day, I'm more active. I'm pretty much just eating healthy (most of the time, I had a pie and 2 steamed dimmies for breakfast on Sunday Razz ) I walk 4-5 kms at least 5 mornings a week, more on weekends, morning workout with a kettlebell and some mornings add in Y bell and dumbells, and do weights in the shed twice a week. Pretty simple, sustainable routine.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:14 am

Clocking up 3 years alcohol free.
The best decision I've made since I quit ciggys 16 years ago.

lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:15 am

I bought my wife flowers for Valentine’s Day 🥰 that made us both happy 😆
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:36 pm

^

Well done, I'm single so DGAF about Valentines Day.

Good day and a half. After pulling out the old Air Con in Toc last week, the forecast for this weekend is 40+, I didn't think the tape would hold in that heat so decided to come back up this week.

Yesterday morning, 2nd Psych appt. Everything she would have told me to do at the session I'm already doing, so only a little bit of homework for next session, then a checkup with the GP, all good there, happy with the BP, so home, pack the car and mum and left Melbourne just after lunch. Miserable in Melbourne, hot and sunny up here. Very Happy

Up early this morning, 5km walk, light breakfast then got to work.

Used the power Multi Tool to cut the AC Sheet with one hand while dripping water on the blade from a water bottle so no dust. Plus wore a surgical mask, then same to trim the plaster and the stud ends. set a mini cross beam in the cavity to support the weight and also to give me something to screw two brackets into the outside wall.

To drill through the AC Sheet, I grabbed an empty plastic screw container, put the drill bit through that, and filled it with shaving Foam which caught all the dust.

Clean everything up then time to see if I can pick up the air con. Probably wouldn't weigh more than 35-40kg, but fkn akward. Picked it up holding the front against my stomach and got the back up into the start of the hole which is 5 foot above the floor, then just lift and push, and she's in Very Happy

This one isn't as wide as the old one, so had a 10cm hole in the plaster. Put a bit of masonite in the wall cavity to cover it, liquid nails to hold it there and tape while it sets, then after lunch drove around town where they're building houses, found a builder at work and scored a gyprock offcut that he would have thrown out.

Tomorrow, cut that to size, plug the hole, then just a bit of pollyfilla and next trip I'll bring some architrave up and frame it.

Time for a drink.

Nearly forgot, when walking to the bakery to get a couple of Salad Rolls for lunch, I found $150 laying on the footpath.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:29 pm

go you!
hopefully it was someone who could afford to lose it though!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 1:05 pm

My family.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:49 pm

Skids wrote:
Clocking up 3 years alcohol free.
The best decision I've made since I quit ciggys 16 years ago.

Well done 👍

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Well done, I'm single so DGAF about Valentines Day.

Good day and a half. After pulling out the old Air Con in Toc last week, the forecast for this weekend is 40+, I didn't think the tape would hold in that heat so decided to come back up this week.

Yesterday morning, 2nd Psych appt. Everything she would have told me to do at the session I'm already doing, so only a little bit of homework for next session, then a checkup with the GP, all good there, happy with the BP, so home, pack the car and mum and left Melbourne just after lunch. Miserable in Melbourne, hot and sunny up here. Very Happy

Up early this morning, 5km walk, light breakfast then got to work.

Used the power Multi Tool to cut the AC Sheet with one hand while dripping water on the blade from a water bottle so no dust. Plus wore a surgical mask, then same to trim the plaster and the stud ends. set a mini cross beam in the cavity to support the weight and also to give me something to screw two brackets into the outside wall.

To drill through the AC Sheet, I grabbed an empty plastic screw container, put the drill bit through that, and filled it with shaving Foam which caught all the dust.

Clean everything up then time to see if I can pick up the air con. Probably wouldn't weigh more than 35-40kg, but fkn akward. Picked it up holding the front against my stomach and got the back up into the start of the hole which is 5 foot above the floor, then just lift and push, and she's in Very Happy

This one isn't as wide as the old one, so had a 10cm hole in the plaster. Put a bit of masonite in the wall cavity to cover it, liquid nails to hold it there and tape while it sets, then after lunch drove around town where they're building houses, found a builder at work and scored a gyprock offcut that he would have thrown out.

Tomorrow, cut that to size, plug the hole, then just a bit of pollyfilla and next trip I'll bring some architrave up and frame it.

Time for a drink.

Nearly forgot, when walking to the bakery to get a couple of Salad Rolls for lunch, I found $150 laying on the footpath.

👍👍

$150, that’s pretty decent.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 2:54 pm

^

Yeah, definitely. I'm on a couple of local Facebook groups so I kept an eye out to see if anyone was sooking they lost money, if so I'd give it back, but nothing.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:10 pm

Shot my second wedding today, and got to take the bridal party shots in a field full off young bulls and cows!

OMG so fun! And I got paid for it!
Best day!

Now staying the night in a very crappy motel in Ballarat, but so worth it!
Cheers,

So good!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2023 9:25 pm

I hope what you got paid covers the Motel room Wink

But nah, good stuff, you're doing some brilliant stuff with the camera and adding special effects, well done you.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:56 pm

stui magpie wrote:
I hope what you got paid covers the Motel room Wink

But nah, good stuff, you're doing some brilliant stuff with the camera and adding special effects, well done you.

cheers, yep 8 times the motel bill so all good!!!

(i woulda done it for free!!)
and thankyou xx

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 82 of 104   

Jump to: