Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#10 Scott Pendlebury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Fire Up wrote:
i just saw it on the news break!

the judge put this guy out on bail Shocked from what i saw that has to be a joke. yea it is shocking footage as well

the guy is going to do it again bail or not. why can't the judges do the case straight away these days instead of putting people on bail. Mad

Regarding this person being bailed unfortunately the charges themselves, while serious in their definition, in reality aren't serious enough to refuse his bail and there are no special circumstances to justify refusing bail.

The hearing / plea / trial dates are set by the Magistrate or Judge presiding over the case, and it will be done so the same Magistrate / Judge can retain the matter. Unless it isn't possible for the same Magistrate or Judge to retain case, or it's elevated from Magistrates Court to the District Court or higher. This process is further exacerbated by the back log of cases still needing to be heard.

As for if he'll receive any jail time, well the first charge of "causing serious injury intentionally" is quite a serious one:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s16.html

As is the second charge of "causing serious injury recklessly":

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s17.html

Though I can see him pleading these both down to the one charge of "causing injury intentionally or recklessly":

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s18.html

The final charge of "unlawful assault" is fairly stock standard:

http://www.austlii.edu.au/au/legis/vic/consol_act/ca195882/s31.html

To be honest any jail terms given will likely run concurrently and probably be suspended, though I genuinely hope I'm wrong.

Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:24 pm

Prometheus wrote:
Quote:
Yep, because even more violence is the answer to most of these things.

And you're not one for senseless violence you say?

I'm not one for violence for the sake of it , without cause or provocation.

But , if you are going to commit a cowardly low act against me or someone that I care about , then you have waived your rights to be treated reasonably and fairly and deserve to have a can of whup-ass opened on your sorry candy ass.

Either that , or to have seven shades of shit beaten out of you.

Then you can go into rehab and "therapy" and tell the nice people that will listen to you about how your mommy or daddy didn't hug you enough ; or hugged you too much when you were a teeny-weenie little guy.

Nah, I think you failed logic

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:07 pm

I'm totally against this suggestion of vigilante retribution - anyone, and I mean anyone, deserves the right to a fair trial.

Does anyone have a link to the video footage? If what iceman reported is true, that is absolutely appalling. I suspect that the person taping the incident on their phone must have had some idea of what was going to happen, too. Very disturbing.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 pm

Link to Scott Pendlebury assault video:

http://player.video.news.com.au/heraldsun/?1358231256

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:00 pm

What can you say?

Just gutless

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:06 pm
Post subject: Self defence lessons for AFL players?Reply with quote

That has to be one of the most ....... statements I have ever heard. How about players be told not to go out drinking grog in public bars late at night. Australia is fastly becoming a losers island. We are breeding mass numbers of young gutless bums who think they all have rights to do what they like. The best way to stay out of trouble is to avoid the places where these losers like to hang out.

By giving super fit athletes self defence lessons? I mean seriously what is that going to achieve. Will it stop the bum coward from having a go? I doubt that. This whole country has gone to the dogs becuase we have elected useless bums to government who are mostly on the take to big business and only care about the rights of some business to serve grog to anyone who wants to buy it. Our Police force is truly a comedy seeking picture opportunities.

The king hit on our bloke is sickening. But it happens most nights around this country because we have too many dopes in charge and hypocritical corporate greed which values bullshit symbolism like sunday marches for trendy causes and 5 second media grabs.

Quiet frankly the way we are going down under I hope climate change comes more quickly to deal with this crap. I am only only pro carbon emissions person I know. I want more carbon emissions to sort us out cos I know these useless judges and politicians are the causes of our problems.

I support a call to deal with all cowards who king hit or carry knives or bash and kick people when they are down. Let the community deal with them; not these crap judges and lying politicians. Put me in charge and watch the problem vanish. I support the way some of our asian neighbour countries deal with this sort of stuff. Oh I can hear the pathetic cries of the treasoness anti Australian do gooders saying my policies are terrible. You lot should be jailed.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:13 pm

Hiss, I missed you!
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:16 pm
Post subject: SpainReply with quote

Jack Spain for Premier. Hiss for Minister for Climate Change and Police

All coppers to be issued with White Pages and Police Stations all unmarked!

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 7:57 pm

RIP Hooksey. Deja Vu.

Images of John Greening come flashing to mind as well.
And many of us compared Scott to John in his early days playing for Williamstown.

How close were the Pendlebury's to losing their beloved Dip?

Our thoughts go out to the whole Pendlebury clan in Sale. While we can be grateful that Scott miraculously came out of this relatively OK, this is something no parent wants to see happen to their child.

The perpetrator wants to be the big shot that took down a Collingwood champ and as such must be dealt with in a way that serves as an example to the whole community. While the question of guilt will be left to a jury of our peers, whoever is found to be guilty must be given whatever maximum penalty applies.

loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:05 pm

DTM has it for download, looks like 2 different angles so 2 phones may have been filming it.
On the 2nd angle last part of the footage you clearly hear "lets make headlines, Jaz" before seeing Pendles go down.

Premeditated scum king hit, hope he gets his ass reamed in gaol.

jimbeam 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 8:46 pm

loki04 wrote:
DTM has it for download, looks like 2 different angles so 2 phones may have been filming it.
On the 2nd angle last part of the footage you clearly hear "lets make headlines, Jaz" before seeing Pendles go down.

Premeditated scum king hit, hope he gets his ass reamed in gaol.

Yeh they think this is some Joke, wtf?

Its a premeditated attack thats just sick..

Thankfully Scott is alright.
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:02 pm

First step, this pr!ck who hit Scott, should not be allowed to breed, plain and simple. We need to eradicate this pr!cks type from society.

Wishing Scott a quick recovery.

Go the Pies
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:30 pm

burnsy17 wrote:
T00VES wrote:
Ah well. We know what happned to the last moron who assaulted a Collingwood player in the off season.

Very harsh comment. Very harsh.

But true. Karma's a bitch.

Let's just hope Scott isn't affected by it like Travis was.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:42 pm

The sound of his head hitting the ground is sickening.

I'm no Doctor but perhaps we can be thankful he fell face first as it may have cushioned somewhat the impact to his brain.

laird 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:46 pm

This morning i felt as I did yesterday - angry but just glad scotty is ok Exclamation
Now having seen the footage, im just plain f#@kin wild Twisted Evil

Wheres my F@#in travel bags... But just in case i do not make it - can someone please get word to this peice of crap's people that Perth would be a good place to hide out after the trial. For the do- gooders out there, of course, this would be just for his safety.

I will even have him 'met' at the airport ( ya know, just to show him around and stuff).

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 81, 82, 83 ... 136, 137, 138  Next
Page 82 of 138   

Jump to: