Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made you happy today? Part II

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 8:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
I hope what you got paid covers the Motel room Wink

But nah, good stuff, you're doing some brilliant stuff with the camera and adding special effects, well done you.

cheers, yep 8 times the motel bill so all good!!!

(i woulda done it for free!!)
and thankyou xx

pietillidie 

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2023 11:02 pm

Spring nearing. It's a bloody long winter here, even though it's been warmer than usual.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:45 pm

Gees, the happy thread is a bit bare!!! i'm gone for a week and look at this! only PTID is happy and that's cos he's got upside down weather!

So you know when you travel and there is always that 1 place that you really just want to go back to, that place that left a mark on your soul....

We were going back to Europe, I had already booked the Nurburg ring accommodation and tickets, as a Christmas surprise present. But he doesn't want to go! he's happy to just jump in the caravan blah blah, $£$%^%%$ blah!

But it's my turn!

So after a robust discussion, some sulking and Jim beam, He says "the Alaska cruise was alright, id do that again"! Sold! Done, All finished!!!

So THAT place for me was the Icefields Parkway in Canada. The place where I had a beginner camera, hubby wanted it, a Canon 700D with kit lenses, on full auto and took the most amazing pic out the window at god knows what speed just after the blizzard finally blew itself out, of a frozen lake and fir trees covered in snow, its literally just white! When I downloaded that pic in a log cabin in Jasper, I found my heart. and 4 cameras later, I'm going back there! It will be Autumn, so not much, if any snow, but that's ok, I want to see the lakes when they are blue. And i'll sit by the river again with a glass of wine or Jim Beam, and reflect on what that moment has done for me since!

You can fly direct to Vancouver now, from Sydney. A couple of nights there and then on to Calgary. I've booked 2 nights in a log lodge 500 metres from Lake Louise! I lucked in on a flash amazing deal! 2 nights in a log cabin on the Athabasca River, Jasper, not the same cabins but close enough!! Back down to Banff for 1 night, then head to Calgary and back to Vancouver for the 7 night cruise! Booked a Balcony cabin, cos hey, if im locked on a covid/ship for a month I want some air space!! plus it was an amazing deal!

Man it's not cheap to travel now, lucky we have 4 years of frequent flyer points to help out! But the truth is, we are getting older, longhaul flights get harder, so does just getting around the place! So if this is our last trip past New Zealand, well, im doing exactly what I want! (though hopefully ill have grandkids to take to Disneyworld one day!!!!)

Himself is still banging on about happy to just traipse around Australia, and ill be happy to do that one day too. But this one is for Me! cheers

oh and I have chookcam so I can see my babies whenever I want! they are so damn cute!!!

c'mon, surely im not the only happy person here!!!

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 2:30 pm

Sounds great, Jo. I'd love to see Canada myself one day. Hope you have a great time! Smile
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:15 pm

Nice work Jo, love your work. Laughing

Not a place on my bucket list but enjoy.

I've been as flat as a shit carters hat for a week, but I'm coming good and I'll find something to be happy about soon, promise..

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:47 pm

David wrote:
Sounds great, Jo. I'd love to see Canada myself one day. Hope you have a great time! Smile

Cheers mate, Thankyou, are you back from Paris?

Canada is the best of the US, with no guns, andits very laid back like australia. I just love it!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 4:48 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Nice work Jo, love your work. Laughing

Not a place on my bucket list but enjoy.

I've been as flat as a shit carters hat for a week, but I'm coming good and I'll find something to be happy about soon, promise..

Thatā€™s no good mate,

Any projects yo occupy you?

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 5:39 pm

Yeah, got a couple of things coming up, working with the psych, more you let the emotions loose the more the bastards bite you on the arse and you have to learn new stuff to deal with new problems. Plus Daughter has gone feral for some reason.

I'll get there, stay tuned for a happy post in the next week. Wink

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:51 pm

Oh bugger, isthe grandson ok?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:11 pm

He's fine, got him on the weekend, something to look forward to.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2023 7:41 pm

Cool

If you need cheering up watch the geefrickenlong bears practice match! Hahahahaha

Aside from the score, suck shithenry you douche!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 4:03 pm

So managed to mostly shake off my funk by Friday, Saturday morning I was all good again, right in time to have the Grandson.

Largely chilled out Yesterday arvo, he was frozen from swimming lessons in the morning, but thawes out slowly. Spent some time in his room playing and watching TV, did the whole set of Farm Lego i'd been collecting from Woolies together. (I'd ask for extras when I shopped and they'd just give me a fistfull instead of the 2 or 3 they were supposed to)

Introduced him to the Harmonica which he loved, pinched my Bush Hat from the lounge room and while I was laying on the swing having a beer he's walking round the yard saying "I'm a Coyboy" and playing "music". Got the hang of it really quickly and didn't actually sound bad.

Hard time getting him to sleep, but when he got up this morning it was like he's had 3 Red Bulls. I got up just before 7am and the feet had only just hit the floor when he's standing in my bedroom door asking for breakfast.

Breakfast No. 1 was Cocopops with blueberries.
Breakfast No. 2 30 minutes later was Nutrigrain with Raspberries.

By now I've had time to wake up, shit and shower so got him to get dressed and we went for about a 2km walk through the forest and back, saw some Roos, played on play equipment in 2 different parks, home right on 9am, time for his Ritalin and...

Breakfast No. 3 2 slices of raisin toast and a milo.

That kept him occupied and quiet while watching TV in his room until my Mum got up at 9:30. Once she made her breakfast, I quickly put dinner in the crockpot and took Ty to the Sunday Markets while she did her morning routine, which basically takes her til 11:45 before she's ready to face the day.

Good rest of the day, great overall weekend, dropped him back at 3pm. Love spending time with the kid . He's learning Basketball at school so I bought him one for here and we did some practice on the ring the Neighbour attached to the telephone pole in front of his house and then some more at the NBA size ring in the park next door. Little bugger is already better than me.

Before it's time to go home he asks if he can come back next weekend, I said I'd have to ask. Unlikely, plus I don't think mum could do it 2 weekends in a row much as she loves him, so maybe in 2 weeks but he wants to come over and I love having him over so there Jo, I'm fkn Happy.
Very Happy

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2023 9:12 pm

thats awesome mate, well done you xx
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 6:10 pm

Went with my support worker to Port Arthur today, took some photos walked a lot around the place and went on a cruise around the harbour. It was a good day.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
lazzadesilva Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:16 pm

Great stuff Prototype. Glad you had an awesome day. I have done the same thing and loved it. Way to go mate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 82, 83, 84 ... 102, 103, 104  Next
Page 83 of 104   

Jump to: