Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#14 James Aish

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jez07 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Starts the year in the VFL.

Comes in against Richmond.

Has a good game against Melbourne gaining 21 disposals.

Is dropped after Essendon game.

Instead of trying to get form in the VFL, they put him on a plane to Perth.

He comes in off no game time in the VFL and plays against Carlton.

Is then dropped again.

This yo/yo type selection does nothing for his development.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:14 pm

Big Dan wrote:
Aish spent a fair chunk of his second year injured and being played in the NEAFL.

Has anyine read his draft profile? These aren't often wrong - lots of upside with this kid. It did make mention that he will need to put on some size to match it with the men.

Is it Aish fault that he has found his way to not one, but two sides that seem to have no development path? Throw Heeney, Cripps, Brayshaw, Hogan in to our side and I reckon they'd be performing 50-75% WORSE than they are now.

Kid could be a gun. So could Broomhead. So could Maynard, Smith, Grundy, DeGoey. The proviso here is that there is a development program in place which allows these kids to mature into genuine senior players. Hawthorn, Adelaide, Swans - these guys haven't loaded up on first round picks yet - their youth is shown how to play, and in fact made to earn their spots. Remember Tom Mitchell? World record stats in the resizes, wasn't given a game. After a long apprenticeship he is in and tearing it up.

If you all want a home grown case in point look at the Fas. Didn't look like ever getting his shit together and yet now, 6 years in, looks to own the forward 50.

There will be a point where there is nothing left to play for this year. i hope the decision is made then to play Aish out of the guts. Back him in, give him some love.

A good coach should be able to alter their behaviour to maximise the performance of the individual. Unless it is in the military, no group of humans on this earth can be managed with a one size fits all philosophy.

Rant over.

The problem with that analysis is that a player like Fasolo showed a glimpse of pure class from day one. Lack of consistency was his problem. With Aish, he has looked like a startled rabbit in every senior game so far. I honestly can't recall a 3rd yr player looking so out of his depth. I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt he will........Still, I thought Swanny would never make it! Embarassed
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
He had Great 1st year but Terrible 2nd Year. So bit all over the Place there

but his Start here been Shocking

I wouldn't be too worried about his second year, or the start at Colllingwood, I think he will be fine just needs to focus himself and I think more time developing in the VFL he will come right in time.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:10 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Big Dan wrote:
Aish spent a fair chunk of his second year injured and being played in the NEAFL.

Has anyine read his draft profile? These aren't often wrong - lots of upside with this kid. It did make mention that he will need to put on some size to match it with the men.

Is it Aish fault that he has found his way to not one, but two sides that seem to have no development path? Throw Heeney, Cripps, Brayshaw, Hogan in to our side and I reckon they'd be performing 50-75% WORSE than they are now.

Kid could be a gun. So could Broomhead. So could Maynard, Smith, Grundy, DeGoey. The proviso here is that there is a development program in place which allows these kids to mature into genuine senior players. Hawthorn, Adelaide, Swans - these guys haven't loaded up on first round picks yet - their youth is shown how to play, and in fact made to earn their spots. Remember Tom Mitchell? World record stats in the resizes, wasn't given a game. After a long apprenticeship he is in and tearing it up.

If you all want a home grown case in point look at the Fas. Didn't look like ever getting his shit together and yet now, 6 years in, looks to own the forward 50.

There will be a point where there is nothing left to play for this year. i hope the decision is made then to play Aish out of the guts. Back him in, give him some love.

A good coach should be able to alter their behaviour to maximise the performance of the individual. Unless it is in the military, no group of humans on this earth can be managed with a one size fits all philosophy.

Rant over.

The problem with that analysis is that a player like Fasolo showed a glimpse of pure class from day one. Lack of consistency was his problem. With Aish, he has looked like a startled rabbit in every senior game so far. I honestly can't recall a 3rd yr player looking so out of his depth. I hope he proves me wrong, but I doubt he will........Still, I thought Swanny would never make it! Embarassed

Re the startled rabbit comment, i thought that too, but then last night i watched the Melbourne game again. Several times he played more like a ferret than a rabbit. The kid has it. Give him time, confidence, bulk and experience. He has football genes, was a number six draft pick, and he's learning the caper at this level... But he has huge upside.

John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:12 pm

playing in front of more than ten people might also be a factor.
BEAMER09 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 5:33 pm

The Witch strikes...

Seriously The Witch writes nothing about Richmond and there debacle (supposedly top 4 this year) who have not won a final in 3 attempts and concentrates on us. Come on guys, don't let the witch hypnotise you.

The only sources The Witch relies on is in her pantry.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:34 pm

Jez07 wrote:

Is then dropped again.

Agree. Flying him to Perth and missing out on a game and then bringing him back in was a silly move. The timing with an away game in WA and not really having anyone to come in was shocking. He either should have stayed home/played VFL when we played WCE, or played VFL when we played Carlton.

Hopefully he can have a big impact in the VFL for a few weeks before coming back in and making an impact in the AFL.

Id like he and the club to eye off a return in round 11 (Port) or 12 (Dees). That should be his goal.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:35 pm

^ what better way to help him bond with the team than to take him away with them? no issue with him going to perth.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:44 pm

John Wren wrote:
^ what better way to help him bond with the team than to take him away with them? no issue with him going to perth.

Well this is a good point.

Maybe it was better if he played VFL last week? I don't know if we had anyone else to bring in tho. Possibly Goodyear? Or did he fly to Perth too?

It just seemed a bit weird that he was dropped and didn't get to find some form in the VFL.

John Wren Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 6:48 pm

goody played vfl. i guess the benefits outweighed the negatives of not playing. gives him a chance to be with the group, watch them close up at perth and then come in the following week to implement whatever he learned. am just taking a stab at a possible reason for it.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:23 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Didaksgoal wrote:
Aish will be fine, give it time.

I am not Bashing Aish. I am a Aish Fan

Aish has not done enough for me but it is far too early to assess his true potential.. The situation has been made harder and more confusing by the poor results and the lack of team structure. Only time will tell

Some here will have some serious egg on their faces if he comes good.

Last edited by Member 7167 on Tue May 24, 2016 11:23 am; edited 1 time in total
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:42 pm

John Wren wrote:
goody played vfl. i guess the benefits outweighed the negatives of not playing. gives him a chance to be with the group, watch them close up at perth and then come in the following week to implement whatever he learned. am just taking a stab at a possible reason for it.

I thought he get one last chance vs his Old Side.

But I will watch him Closely on the VFL Stream

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 8:43 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Some here will have some serious egg on their faces if he comes good

I love to see that

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 9:07 pm

Jez07 wrote:
Aish can play but he is coming into a poorly structured side, and a coach who has halted his development.

You can't tell me there is a benefit of going over to Perth when you are dropped and expecting to comeback the next week with no game and form.

Unlike you to find an opportunity to bag the coach.

Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2016 11:34 pm

Jez07 wrote:

Is then dropped again.

Absolute crap. I'm sure he likes it better than staying in the seconds. EVERY game that a young player gets to play in the seniors is another lesson learned

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 84, 85, 86 ... 115, 116, 117  Next
Page 85 of 117   

Jump to: