Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#10 Scott Pendlebury

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nutmeg Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:05 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raising the drinking age won't make a lick of difference - how old are the people involved in these incidents? I would suggest most of them are in their mid 20s.
I'm a member of gen Y (apparently) and have drunk to excess. I was in the city a couple of months ago on a saturday night and was walking back through the city to get a tram (it was about 1am). There were people EVERYWHERE. I was walking along, minding my own business (26 year old female, not drunk) and a 6 ft 3 bloke hanging out with his mates had a go at me - like he wanted to start a fight. It wasn't a sexist comment or a 'whaddayareckonyourlookinat' he fronted up to me as though he wanted to fight. Can anyone explain this? His mate grabbed him and apologised - it was bizarre.

Why is everyone so angry these days? Every tiny little slight or comment becomes a massive problem. I feel like a lot of adults never progressed out of adolescence and they think the world's out to get them.
I've been a secondary school teacher for three years, and have had to break up 3 fights in that time - two of the fights were premeditated. It's exactly the same behaviour we see in the people who are now involved in all of this violence.

Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:12 am

Prometheus wrote:
Chinaman John M, go back to the village you came from , its missing you; its resident idiot.

Ah, I think I hit the sweet spot - condemed by your own hypocritical words

Chinaman John M Capricorn

I put a spell on you

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:14 am

jack_spain wrote:
Collingwood players in trouble.

Joffa arguing for Prohibition.

Why do I feel I'm in a time warp? Confused

Because you are still living in the 1950's?

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:23 am

Nutmeg wrote:
though he wanted to fight. Can anyone explain this?

Yes.

1. He was probably smashed.
2. He was possibly on some kind of drug.
3. He is a wanker.
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:29 am

http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26479444-5006301,00.html

Quote:
if only the media could report the full story and actually divulge some of the disgusting details of this 'unprovoked attack'!! 'retaliation' would be a better discription, as opposed to 'unprovoked attack' this fight, not attack, came about in no way whatsoever due to being a collingwood supporter or hater- this fight occured due to a smart mouthed, rude disrespectful out of towner thinking he had to god given right to treat others as inferior. scott pendlebury came to this small town and carried on with disgusting antics towards how many local women that finally culminated in him being involved in a scuffle, the same thing happens in how many small towns every single weekend, yet because this arsehole happens to know how to kick a football its reported as being front page news. obviously his talent goes no further than a football, as common sense and common decency seem to be lacking in his genetic make up dont get me wrong, violence shouldnt be the answer, but neither should verbally abusing and basically sexually assualting a number of young local women at a small town pub. if you were a man, and your partner had been harrassed and degraded by some blow in cocky little prick all night how would you react? be honest now! football season is over, if one punch out of a whole fight is going to be front page news at least have the decency to report the whole story!

Posted by: the truth hurts, but so does untrue accusations! of lakes entrance 10:33am December 14, 2009

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:51 am

^The plot thickens.
laird 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:03 pm

I would have beaten the absolute living hell out of him! No doubt!

But... first I would have confronted him face to face. Asked him what he was doing. If i didnt accept his answer or he continued to be rude and offensive and aggressive- I would have gone off premises and flogged him! I dont apologise for this!!

I would though make damn sure he was aware that his actions were disrespectful and unacceptable and if he is still wanting to be a tool - then face to face, man to man, off premises, lets do this. lets sort it out!

Before i or my friends etc get king-hit from behind when walking away in the dark Exclamation

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:37 pm

die4pies wrote:
http://www.news.com.au/adelaidenow/story/0,22606,26479444-5006301,00.html

Quote:
if only the media could report the full story and actually divulge some of the disgusting details of this 'unprovoked attack'!! 'retaliation' would be a better discription, as opposed to 'unprovoked attack' this fight, not attack, came about in no way whatsoever due to being a collingwood supporter or hater- this fight occured due to a smart mouthed, rude disrespectful out of towner thinking he had to god given right to treat others as inferior. scott pendlebury came to this small town and carried on with disgusting antics towards how many local women that finally culminated in him being involved in a scuffle, the same thing happens in how many small towns every single weekend, yet because this arsehole happens to know how to kick a football its reported as being front page news. obviously his talent goes no further than a football, as common sense and common decency seem to be lacking in his genetic make up dont get me wrong, violence shouldnt be the answer, but neither should verbally abusing and basically sexually assualting a number of young local women at a small town pub. if you were a man, and your partner had been harrassed and degraded by some blow in cocky little knob all night how would you react? be honest now! football season is over, if one punch out of a whole fight is going to be front page news at least have the decency to report the whole story!

Posted by: the truth hurts, but so does untrue accusations! of lakes entrance 10:33am December 14, 2009

hhhmmmm.... kind of verifies my comments on pg 5 of this thread....

As i said... people dont cruise around hitting people without a reason, however small or big it may be.....

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 pm

laird wrote:
king-hit from behind when walking away in the dark

And there in lies the hole in the case for the defence.

The point at which any provocation occured on the part of the victim had well and truly passed when the victim had left the seen and walked away.

By claiming provocation under the circumstances they have outlined only goes to weaken their case even further. To label the victim a 'big shot out of towner' shows their was premeditated prejudice against the victim based on their public profile. The alleged attacker, Chris Robertson, is going to be dealt with very harshly it would appear to me if this is reflective of their mentality.

laird 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:05 pm

Debating whether or not violence occurs without a reason is dumb. It does! I walked into a pub 4 years ago. Sober!!! I had one drink, looked around. Not many women Wink so i decided to leave and just go home and watch a movie. I was in pub for 5-6 minutes. I was king-hit from behind as i pushed open door to leave. I looked around a room! Did not stare at anyone or say anything at all to anyone. Got king hit from behind! Is looking around a room offensive, rude, threatening behaviour:?:

Of course violence occurs without reason Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Maybe Scott did not behave appropriately, maybe he did.

Is being gutlessly hit from behind, an act that has and will again take a life - a fair result for any behaviour.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:08 pm

Seems Pendles was pissed, after being out fishing (drinking?) all day, and the cowardly knob who king hit him was probably also pissed. There's a common denominator here, but I'm not sure what it is...? Grog perhaps?
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:18 pm

^^^

Grog and Ego

The mouth is a wonderful tool.... most of the time.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 1:30 pm

die4pies wrote:
To label the victim a 'big shot out of towner' shows their was premeditated prejudice against the victim based on their public profile.

I stand to be corrected but I thought that Pendles came from down that way so HTF can he be termed an out of towner?
I don't like the accusatory tone of the article either. It is written by a two bit dopey journo trying to save the backside of a gutless bloody piss weak thug who goes around hitting people from behind. The idiotic perpetrator is lower than a gutter snake's vagina. This twat should be put away for years. Mad Evil or Very Mad
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:06 pm

Lazza wrote:
die4pies wrote:
To label the victim a 'big shot out of towner' shows their was premeditated prejudice against the victim based on their public profile.

I stand to be corrected but I thought that Pendles came from down that way so HTF can he be termed an out of towner?
I don't like the accusatory tone of the article either. It is written by a two bit dopey journo trying to save the backside of a gutless bloody piss weak thug who goes around hitting people from behind. The idiotic perpetrator is lower than a gutter snake's vagina. This twat should be put away for years. Mad Evil or Very Mad

Sorry guys. Misunderstanding. This was one of the comments posted in response to the Adelaide News article by a friend of the accused.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Dec 16, 2009 2:32 pm

Nutmeg wrote:
Why is everyone so angry these days? Every tiny little slight or comment becomes a massive problem. I feel like a lot of adults never progressed out of adolescence and they think the world's out to get them.

I feel exactly the same. I'd blame libertarianism and relative affluence, but that's just a theory. Or maybe people have always been this angry.

While alcohol is often behind a lot of this stuff, I see it as a bit of a cop-out. Barry Hall wasn't drunk when he punched Brent Staker, Shane Wakelin or that Adelaide player. A thug is a thug, perhaps just more so when drunk.

We also seem to have a lot of depression these days. I don't know though if the two things can be sourced back to some general cultural malaise, it's hard to say.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 85, 86, 87 ... 135, 136, 137  Next
Page 86 of 137   

Jump to: