Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 4 - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 5 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:

We know there was Covid in the protests. 1 bloke in hospital, 1 tested and the President of the CFMEU positive and their office shut down as a Tier 1 exposure site.

So they claim, or did the protesters get infected by the thugs protecting the CFMEU offices?

There were already thousands of cases linked to construction, it was only a matter of time it hit the CFMEU offices, to definitely blame the protests is a Dan style scapegoating
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:39 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

We know there was Covid in the protests. 1 bloke in hospital, 1 tested and the President of the CFMEU positive and their office shut down as a Tier 1 exposure site.

So they claim, or did the protesters get infected by the thugs protecting the CFMEU offices?

There were already thousands of cases linked to construction, it was only a matter of time it hit the CFMEU offices, to definitely blame the protests is a Dan style scapegoating

wasnt it construction workers protesting???? with no masks and no social distancing?

i hope you never have to call a cop. not for your sake for theirs.

roar 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:23 pm

David wrote:
Am I the only one wondering how we can possibly be considering opening up in these circumstances?

But what's the alternative? Some people need to get over the fact that there will be deaths, and that that's a part of life. During pandemics, there will be more deaths because politicians/people do not want to take the necessary path to elimination - very limited international travel, extensive and vigorous quarantine procedures, potential loss of some international events - so there really isn't another option.

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:32 pm

"Part of life" seems to me to be doing a lot of work there. Yes, lethal viruses naturally occur, but, as we've shown, you can somewhat mitigate their spread and death toll through policy – and, on that front, the option could be as straightforward as opting for a 90% vaccination target (as I think Tasmania are aiming for before they permit interstate visitors) instead of 80%, for instance. Or tying it to a percentage and a decline in case numbers.

So while eradication may currently be an impossible target – or, at least, require enforcement that no government or populace can tolerate – there is the possibility of persisting with a harm minimisation approach. Relaxing restrictions in the coming weeks with rampant outbreaks in the two biggest states and 20–30% of the population unvaccinated, on the other hand, very much seems a choice, and a choice that will have pretty clear consequences.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:46 pm

No Shock in the Huge Spike in Melbourne.

In the last week we had the Lockdown Lovers Protesting, Then Grand Final on the Weekend and 2 fine days on Monday and Tuesday where people acted like there was no Lockdown espically at Parks and Beaches

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:50 pm

roar wrote:
David wrote:
Am I the only one wondering how we can possibly be considering opening up in these circumstances?

But what's the alternative? Some people need to get over the fact that there will be deaths, and that that's a part of life. During pandemics, there will be more deaths because politicians/people do not want to take the necessary path to elimination - very limited international travel, extensive and vigorous quarantine procedures, potential loss of some international events - so there really isn't another option.

Simple IF we Closed the Aussie Borders we would most likely never got the Delta Strain in the Country but sadly can't do that

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 4:51 pm

David wrote:
"Part of life" seems to me to be doing a lot of work there. Yes, lethal viruses naturally occur, but, as we've shown, you can somewhat mitigate their spread and death toll through policy – and, on that front, the option could be as straightforward as opting for a 90% vaccination target (as I think Tasmania are aiming for before they permit interstate visitors) instead of 80%, for instance. Or tying it to a percentage and a decline in case numbers.

So while eradication may currently be an impossible target – or, at least, require enforcement that no government or populace can tolerate – there is the possibility of persisting with a harm minimisation approach. Relaxing restrictions in the coming weeks with rampant outbreaks in the two biggest states and 20–30% of the population unvaccinated, on the other hand, very much seems a choice, and a choice that will have pretty clear consequences.

To eradicate it we would have to be in Lockdown for 2-3 Weeks at least where we you can not leave your Home as just have to go near someone close who has it and you get it

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:43 pm

FMD, been in video meetings from 3pm til just now. I'm fried. 2 more houses impacted, so much shit to do.

This is getting messy and is only going to keep going, thank fck most of the staff are fully vaxxed and mainly casual contacts.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 6:47 pm

From the ABC blog:

Quote:
Two more LGAs in NSW will be going into lockdown from midnight tonight due to "increased COVID-19 publich health risk" according to NSW Health.

Kyogle and Narromine LGAs will be required to stay at home from midnight this evening until October 11.

These orders also apply to anyone who has been in Kyogle since September 21 and Narromine since September 28.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:23 pm

think positive wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

wasnt it construction workers protesting???? with no masks and no social distancing?

i hope you never have to call a cop. not for your sake for theirs.

Oh it was construction workers now? John Setka said they weren't real construction workers, which is it?

Rightio, I hope I never do as well, but not sure what that's got at all to do with my post. Oh, actually you've completely misunderstood who the 'Thugs' were, not talking about the cops there, they weren't even there at the time Setka was addressing the crowd...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 30, 2021 7:38 pm

You don’t get sarcasm?
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:07 am

The global death rate is now at its lowest level since Nov 2020.

Last edited by What'sinaname on Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:25 am; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:08 am

Dan doesn't understand what a road map is. He is now going to just re-draw the roads.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:35 am

^
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQiOA7euaYA

roar 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 01, 2021 8:08 am

David wrote:

Of course it's a choice, almost everything is. The governments had choices and they chose to not take the necessary steps to keep the virus out, and they also chose not to hurry with the vaccine rollout, which leaves us with where we are now: more lockdown or more deaths, and the former can't happen as people simply cannot do it anymore.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 87, 88, 89 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 88 of 199   

Jump to: