Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Farewell #13 Taylor Adams

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 31, 2017 9:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

$1000 fine
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 8:23 pm
Post subject: Taylor Adams KickingReply with quote

His Kicking is Terrible.

He always tries to Kick Hard Low Kicks to his Man but just about all of them Either Miss there Targets by Miles or Straight to the Opposition.

Someone tell him quiet trying to be good a Kick as Buckley was.

He Helps the Opposition more then Us when he Kicks the Ball

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 10:42 pm

Can't argue with that.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:22 pm

watch the game closer DTM. There were some iffy disposals, but there was some really nice stuff in there as well from Adams. Problem is that he has no penetration on his kicks. In order to kick it far enough to be effective he really has to slot it. Leads to mistakes. Also leads to the issue you are alluding to in your post.

I just think that Adams is not the answer down back. i dont think anyone expects him to play down there in the season proper so i dont think the issue is going to be as severe.

The poor kicking in this game was unbelievable. I didn't think Adams was close to the worst. Shit, was it Goldsack who couldnt even hit Sidebottom with a 20 meter pass when both were unopposed. He kicked it right over his head!! Fortunately, Varcoe saved the day and we goaled anyway.....

More troubling was my perception from that game was that Stephenson isnt a great kick in general play. Did anyone else feel that too?

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:37 pm

He's the bloke who's going to be winning the hard ball contests, an enforcer... sure, his kicking sometimes is astray but he's in my best 22 all day long.
Jamesy 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 11:45 pm

@E:

Stepho will be fine, mate.

Go the Pies!
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:17 am

Tay's problem is pretty obvious...he doesn't use his right hand to guide the ball in his ball-drop. It prevents him from having any fluency, timing, accuracy or penetration in his kicking.
If we had any skills coaches worth their salt they would be able to identify this and Tay would have worked on this from ages ago. The weird thing is Tay and Bucks have publicly stated he needs to improve his kicking. So what are they actually doing if they aren't attempting to fix the one obvious thing that is wrong with his kicking?
Go figure. We are kind of a dumb club...Mayne recruitment and all. This kind of stuff doesn't surprise me anymore.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:21 am

Tay's kicking actually has improved markedly, if you look at the statistics --- from abysmal a few years ago, to (almost) average now.

How easy do you think ball drops are to fix? (I hope TP does not see this question.) Are there concrete examples of players who've transformed their kicking through changed ball drop alone?
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 12:41 am

K, it's an interesting question. Kicking action is a very indiviidual thing..similar to a signature. I can imagine Tay would have kicked like that from when he was a kid, and it's now ingrained in his muscle memory.
The thing is, the change he needs to make is so obvious and not that much of a tweak. It needed to be done years ago, in which time he would have practised the new action a million times.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 1:01 am

bally12 wrote:

Go figure. We are kind of a dumb club...Mayne recruitment and all. This kind of stuff doesn't surprise me anymore.

Sorry, but this is silly. A mis5ake was made on the Mayne recruitment, but excellent calls were made on Howe, and though it is early days, it looks like an excellent call was made on Cox and Murray as well. Adams’ kicking is his relative weakness, no question, but it has improved markedly and he’d be in any best 22 in the comp. Why do people select a few mistakes or issues, ignore huge positives, and conclude that the club they support is “a dumb club” ?

E 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 3:11 am

Mugwump wrote:
bally12 wrote:

Sorry, but this is silly. A mis5ake was made on the Mayne recruitment, but excellent calls were made on Howe, and though it is early days, it looks like an excellent call was made on Cox and Murray as well. Adams’ kicking is his relative weakness, no question, but it has improved markedly and he’d be in any best 22 in the comp. Why do people select a few mistakes or issues, ignore huge positives, and conclude that the club they support is “a dumb club” ?

You are forgetting that the Adams trade itself was pretty inspired. The guy is a gun. Not only is he best 22 on every side, he has a spot in any teams midfield.

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 6:50 am

I saw enough of our regular back man in Howe together with Moore and Murray at Moe to feel they will be our key defence line

No need for Crisp or Adams to be “made” back men

Adams around the contest in and under is where he made his mark at Pies

Keep him there

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 7:33 am

He's a goer but that kicking is terrible. At this stage of his career I don't see it getting much better.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:34 am

Two handed ball drop. Not hard to force him to add a guiding hand to his technique. His goal kicking ALWAYS pushes right. It's amazing a pro club puts up with thus sort of thing.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:42 am

Nathan in post match talked of playing to our strengths which is fine but Tay ,a very valuable player playing to his strengths for team balance/success is mid

His kicking is not what I call A grade so a miss kick in opposition 50 can result in six points

Coaching group must be savvy to team balance and sure they will rectify

Hope they do

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 89, 90, 91 ... 121, 122, 123  Next
Page 90 of 123   

Jump to: