Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 10:58 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, elimninate all dissent, that way no one ever hasd to defend anything and no one is ever questioned.

thats what made nazi germany the country she is today.

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:05 pm

Where is dissent being eliminated, though?

Nathan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:08 pm

see post above my last david.

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:10 pm

Tannin wrote:

But you know, the pissweakers have a point. It is time this club had a cleanout - get rid of the winging scum, and the rest of us would be a whole lot better off: players, staff, supporters, all of us.

You want to leave? Not half as much as this club's supporters want you to leave. Trust me on this.

And don't come crawling back, you are not wanted.

And you say "Side by Side"? Laughing So why is this your club Tannin, or the Rich Powerful Media Man's or mine or anyone else's. I'll tell you who Collingwood belongs to. To each humble supporter around the country - yes even if they can't stand MM or Eddie.

But more than that, and something the Lexus Centre Cult seems to have forgotten, Collingwood represents all the previous generations. We have an obligation to our history and traditions - but this mob (unlike Essendon) can't even put a decent museum together or look after Victoria Park!

Who in hell has sold out this club?! Not those of us who are passionate about the real Collingwood.

But no, some people would rather drive the supporter out who wants to ask questions about performance. If Jesus came to the Lexus Centre tomorrow, guess who he'd take the whip to. Go and read your Bible for the answer.
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:15 pm

pietillidie wrote:

Ed has his flaws, to be sure, but I suspect you just identified your own instead of his.

I had no idea Eddie posted on here under so many pseudonyms. Wink
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 11:41 pm

Jack, it's my club because I support it. Support. It's a word we would all do well to ponder carefully:

Support, verb: to bear the weight of, especially from below; to hold in position so as to keep from falling, sinking, or slipping; to be capable of bearing; withstand; to keep from weakening or failing; strengthen; to provide for or maintain, by supplying with money or necessities.

torpdaics 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:33 am

ThePieMind wrote:
torpdaics wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
David wrote:
It would be a shame, especially if he was successful, but the club cannot afford to allow nostalgia to influence their decision-making. Nostalgia gave us Tony Shaw as coach. It is no foregone conclusion that Buckley will lead another team to a flag in the near future, just as it is no forgone conclusion that he will lead us to one. The club have to make the best decision based on the available information, and I trust them to do so.

David I didn't know you'd been put on the club's propaganda payroll! Geez you're easily bought.

If you think Nathan Buckley is another Tony Shaw in the coaches box, you're a bigger idiot than Eddie McGuire!

May be some nostalgia David, though a lot of it came from the great K.Rose at the time. Tony Shaw also desperately wanted to take over during a time the club was suffering both on and off the field and during a decade that the club, as a whole, was suffering premiership hangover, not just for one or two years but for most of the decade.
As the true Collingwood man he is, he tried to drag the club out of the mire and whether he was successful or not he always stood at the front protecting his team and his club just like in his playing days.
So, before you mention the great man again and refer to how bad his coaching stint was, just remember, he was our last premiership captain and to you and all the others that can him over the same issue, have some damn respect.

David is right - Inexperience was the undoing of Tony Shaw and is the same risk in appointing Bucks, notwithstanding the other outstanding qualities he has.

The same anticipation nostalgia and euphoria accompanied the appointment of Tony Shaw, as is being demonstrate here for Bucks.

And Jack if you feel you need to criticise David for his reservations, then the same criticism exists for your optimism.
Except your argument is more dubious because there is no examples I can think of where a coach without any previous AFL experience (at any level) has proven successful.
At least David can rely on examples of many first time failures eg. Tony Shaw,Tim Watson, Grant Thomas, Peter Schwab etc.

Torpdaics: I agree about respect and expect you to take your own advice accordingly when commenting on MM in the future

PM, what do you mean by this? ...."there is no examples I can think of where a coach without any previous AFL experience (at any level) has proven successful."Are you saying that no coach that's had success hasn't come into the job without previous coaching experience? I will avoid answering because I may have misunderstood your quote.

Anyway, as far as taking over the reigns, there have been several possible candidates names that have been thrown around and at this point I would be satisfied with any of them except G.Thomas, just as long as MM is out the door at years end.
As far as respect for MM, I lost that for him after 03 when he publicly humiliated several of his own players, that he initially selected to play.
On one of the worst days in the clubs playing history he made a mockery of young kids who were way out of their depth that day. He's a disgrace.
He will never be forgiven for that. Side by Side!...my ass.
At least T.Shaw was only there for five years and not ten and didn't get anywhere near 800k a year for no return.
torpdaics 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 12:41 am

Tannin wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
First bit of real pressure this club has been under since 2005 and we're drowning in sooks and spoilt little brats. God help us if the players and coaching staff are as piss weak as our support base.

Exactly. Piss weak is dead right.

But you know, the pissweakers have a point. It is time this club had a cleanout - get rid of the winging scum, and the rest of us would be a whole lot better off: players, staff, supporters, all of us.

You want to leave? Not half as much as this club's supporters want you to leave. Trust me on this.

G wiz...tell me this guys not serious...whatever your on get off it now and get yourself some gunge instead, there should be heaps in ballarat.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:04 am

jack_spain wrote:
Tannin wrote:

And you say "Side by Side"? Laughing So why is this your club Tannin, or the Rich Powerful Media Man's or mine or anyone else's. I'll tell you who Collingwood belongs to. To each humble supporter around the country - yes even if they can't stand MM or Eddie.

But more than that, and something the Lexus Centre Cult seems to have forgotten, Collingwood represents all the previous generations. We have an obligation to our history and traditions - but this mob (unlike Essendon) can't even put a decent museum together or look after Victoria Park!

Who in hell has sold out this club?! Not those of us who are passionate about the real Collingwood.

But no, some people would rather drive the supporter out who wants to ask questions about performance. If Jesus came to the Lexus Centre tomorrow, guess who he'd take the whip to. Go and read your Bible for the answer.

When you advocate walk outs and undermine achievement you forfeit your right to all credibility. As I've said before to you, most of the old fans wouldn't have pissed on you from a great height with your conditional attitudes to support of this club. Tannin's attitude is extreme but at the end of the day he has a point. Questioning aspects of the club's policy is always fine but you've gone way past that long ago and have engaged in a campaign since you appeared on this board to undermine the club and its administration on almost every occasion. The only time you are positive is to curry support for your agendas. You don't represent the "little man" only yourself. And if you didn't support this club or chose to walk away from this club, no-one would miss you, you'd be forgotten in a week.

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 5:56 am

whats funny is that i distinctly remember jack spain was one of the most positive on the board when he joined. wasnt till we started stringing together a few losses did his true side start to come out.

so you're right. the guy has zero credibility.

no wonder he got along with Hiss so well Laughing

and in that other thread he was talking about hiding away until the time is right for him to come back and support the club... we call those people bandwagoners Laughing
Tripple tee 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 8:52 am

jack_spain wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Ed has his flaws, to be sure, but I suspect you just identified your own instead of his.

Hee Hee Cool I'm sure you could tell us all about it.

Not showing up at games and having the crowd numbers fall is what will force the Presidents hand. The pure embarrassment of the thought of Caro asking it will see him act on the way the team is playing and he will be forced to deal with the Malthouse situation.

I think that's what Turts is getting at, no-one seriously is suggesting any of us would go support another Club. That is just silly and those of you suggesting it should go find a mirror if you think mediocre coaching is our future.
The Collingwood Turtle Libra

Side by Side, through good times & bad

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:05 am

Tripple tee wrote:
jack_spain wrote:
pietillidie wrote:

Hee Hee Cool I'm sure you could tell us all about it.

Not showing up at games and having the crowd numbers fall is what will force the Presidents hand. The pure embarrassment of the thought of Caro asking it will see him act on the way the team is playing and he will be forced to deal with the Malthouse situation.

I think that's what Turts is getting at, no-one seriously is suggesting any of us would go support another Club. That is just silly and those of you suggesting it should go find a mirror if you think mediocre coaching is our future.

Cheers Tripple tee, you have summed up my feelings here and haven't resorted to a personal crack at me, which I appreciate.

There is no way in the world I could follow another club.

All I'm suggesting is that I couldn't passionately follow the club as I have steadfastly done over all my 30 years when I have NO faith in the coach (MM).

After reading a variety of viewpoints from the people I respect, they are correct.

I really couldn't walk away from the club as a member, but there mere thought of it indicates the gravity of my frustration in regards to our current coach and might be the catalyst for other measures to be carried out.

Stayed tuned for further developments ....
Tripple tee 

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 9:23 am

No worries Turts.

It's a shame respected posters such as yourself and others get attacked in that way for standing up for your principles. This is one aspect of Nicks that has festered over the past 5 years or so that as a reader from afar that I have seen. The other Collingwood forums allow different viewpoints without personal vindictive attacks from posters that seem intent on not discussing the topic but instead try to destroy a thread with personal insults.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:22 am

The only insult i see here (well, there are a few more but it sounds better like that Wink ) is the suggestion that some people will stop supporting the great Collingwood Football Club because they don't like a few things.

My 3 year old throws tantrums when he doesn't get his own way, and you know what - it doesn't get him what he wants, it just makes his parents angry.

Be disappointed, voice dissent, whatever..... but walk away?????????????...............

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
fan4collingwood Aries

PostPosted: Wed May 20, 2009 10:50 am

There is no way i would ever walk away from my club, it is NOT in MY nature, sure I am hurting, just like a lot of other supporters, except Geelong and St Kilda so far this year.

But you know what, a week is a long time on footy, and this week, or maybe next, we will thump a team, still with have injuries, but we will be on the winners list once again. And WINNERS are GRINNERS!!

I am ready for this week, I have my supporters voice tuned up, got my Collingwood flag ready (That Tony Shaw signed the last training session at Vic Park) and also bringing my DAWESOME DAWES sign, just in case!!
Mr J has made some fold down sticks so they can travel in our cases, our Collingwood t/shirts and Jumpers are clean and ready to be packed, checked the train timetable to get to training at Subiaco on Friday (before heading off to the P!NK concert)

And I am excited, we have a great team, always have and always will, so bring on this weeks game, I am ready to do my bit!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: