Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies bounce Blues - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Miss_Lisey_Molloy Taurus

Keith Urban - CMA 2005 Entertainer Of The Year!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Donny wrote:
Loved some of the responses to the question (after the game on 3AW), "Who would be your second team if you got sick of following the Tigers?"

After a few rang in and named another team, one young woman (was it you, Lisey ?) proudly said, "I'm a Collingwood fan and you don't have a second team if you're a Pies supporter. Everyone in our family is. If not, you're out of the family!

Nah, it wasn't me, but I wish it was!!! haha!! Very Happy

Love always, Alyssa xoxo

Jarrod Molloy's #1 Fan! Pies are Premiers in 2010!!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  
Greening gold 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:30 am

[quote="Cam] Amazing what Jolly can do that draws a free against him , when its done to him is simply play on [and he usually has the WTF face on too]. Drives me nuts, must drive him crazy.[/quote]

So it's not just me then. Ever since Jolly donned the B/W stripes I have noticed how often the Smarties pay frees against him in the ruck. I check the replays and can see little or no difference between one ruck contest and the next not only in our games but in all of them. Jolly and opponents always doing much the same thing to each other but he seems to get pinged nearly every time.

Sometimes I think the Smarties just pay a free to break up the congestion, particularly as the "press" so resembles a swarm from which escape is nearly impossible. It is the apparently indiscriminate nature of the umpiring of ruck duels which I find so frustrating.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 4:36 am

Greening Gold same goes for me. I thought I was getting a bit too one eyed in my old age! But there must be something in these Not so Jolly Free kicks even The B&W show have decided to run a segment on it. Be sure to watch the next episode as I am sure it is getting longer!!!
Didaksgoal Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 2:21 pm

The ruck rules at the moment are an absolute horror. The slightest touch, nudge, or whatever else the umpire can pluck from nowhere, drives me nuts as well. Jolly cops it heaps, and almost every game now, the opposition ruck gets 1 or 2 frees against. You just find yourself saying out loud, "what was that for?".

The game is way over officiated, and it's rotten, it has been for some time. These little tiny things the players get pinged for are a joke. Put your whistles away umps! It's play on, not a free kick. I mean, it's supposed to be a contest ffs. In this game now (which is suffering under the current AFL Administration), a show of strength is disallowed, you can't even jostle with your opponent! If you do, someone is penalized for the most minor infraction, and that infraction would have had no bearing on the contest anyway, because it was so minor.

Go the Pies
matrightyeh 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:07 pm

to easy
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2011 10:42 am

Its 2 weeks old , but it still tastes sweet, eat dog droppings you princes park show ponies! we are a much more well drilled side than your drivel.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: