Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Slipper resigns...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bruno 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Bruno wrote:
I like your lie detector test idea by the way, WPT.

Not sure Gillard would like to see these machines anywhere near Canberra though.
No Politician would. Laughing

No. According to most around here Gillard is completely clean.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is either a misogynist or simply dealing in smear.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:54 pm

I think According to most here Gillard is a lot of things.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 12:57 pm

Regardless of Bruno's idiot excuses, there is no anti-Abbott smear campaign in operation. Now personally I regard that as a bit of a shame, for he is certainly a character who deserves to be smeared if anyone ever did, but (sadly) there is absolutely no evidence whatever of a campaign in motion to smear him.

Then again, I don't suppose we really need one - Abbott himself is seeing to that simply by being himself and doing more and more of the dishonest, underhand stuff he habitually does.

Abbott is history.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:23 pm

Bruno wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Bruno wrote:
I like your lie detector test idea by the way, WPT.

Not sure Gillard would like to see these machines anywhere near Canberra though.
No Politician would. Laughing

No. According to most around here Gillard is completely clean.

Anyone who suggests otherwise is either a misogynist or simply dealing in smear.
Most understand once you gain power there are "core" and "non-core" promises. You say and do anything to gain power as history shows apathetic Australians have very short memories.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:26 pm

Bruno wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Another poor interview this time in London by Abbott over the Liberals Slipper scandal involving one Mal Brough. Abbott was fudging, nervous, unclear, looking guilty. Appalling figures in polls for Abbott.

I'm getting nervous.

The proverbial drovers dog (upmarket of course) Turnbull may well take over.

"Fudging, nervous, unclear, looking guilty. Appalling figures in polls".

That reminds me of someone.

Did he happen to also suggest there was a smear campaign going on against him?

If he did, he would absolutely remind me of someone.

Your defence of Abbott & Brough despite the evidence & the facts is noteworthy & courageous it's all together wrong but good on you in that increasingly difficult task of standing by your men, "I won't be told by a woman Abbott" & "Honest Mal" Wink

Abbott supports Brough despite not reading the judges comments was the main headline today.

Call me old fashioned but there seems to be a lot The Mad Monk doesn't know. MM keeps on protecting Honest Mal from facing any scrutiny (well not the actual Judges of course)

Actually we could have MM as the Mad Monk & MM as Mendacious Mal, Malevolent Mal, Mad Mal or Machiavallian Mal, I like HM Honest Mal? Wink

Abbott hasn't faced 1/10th of what Prime Minster Gillard has faced & is found wanting even by his own party these days.

Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:02 pm

http://www.roymorgan.com/news/polls/2012/4852/

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR GILLARD GOVERNMENT:
ALP 52.5% HOLDS WINNING LEAD OVER L-NP 47.5%
partypie 

PostPosted: Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:43 pm

Looking more and more like Turnbull will try to do a Bob Hawke. A Liberal Party member I met a few months ago said Tony Abbott was prepared to play a sacrificial role. It will be interesting to see any policy changes if Turnbull regains the leadership.
London Dave Aquarius

Jete jedna pivo prosm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:43 am

Culprit wrote:
http://www.roymorgan.com/news/polls/2012/4852/

EARLY CHRISTMAS PRESENT FOR GILLARD GOVERNMENT:
ALP 52.5% HOLDS WINNING LEAD OVER L-NP 47.5%

If they get a couple more of these in a row, sayonara Abbott. Turnbull will probably do a Hawke so introducing our next GG, Tony Abbott!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:15 am

News Poll v Roy Morgan. News Poll has the LNP in a landslide, Morgan has the ALP comfortably holding power.
Who is right? I still think its an even split; in saying that Abbott is the best thing the ALP has going for them.
London Dave Aquarius

Jete jedna pivo prosm

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:48 am

Culprit wrote:
News Poll has the LNP in a landslide

Fox News?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:52 am

Where did [quoteCulprit]News Poll get the LNP in a landslide[quote] Fox News?
Bruno 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:34 am

watt price tully wrote:
Bruno wrote:
watt price tully wrote:
Another poor interview this time in London by Abbott over the Liberals Slipper scandal involving one Mal Brough. Abbott was fudging, nervous, unclear, looking guilty. Appalling figures in polls for Abbott.

I'm getting nervous.

The proverbial drovers dog (upmarket of course) Turnbull may well take over.

"Fudging, nervous, unclear, looking guilty. Appalling figures in polls".

That reminds me of someone.

Did he happen to also suggest there was a smear campaign going on against him?

If he did, he would absolutely remind me of someone.

Your defence of Abbott & Brough despite the evidence & the facts is noteworthy & courageous it's all together wrong but good on you in that increasingly difficult task of standing by your men, "I won't be told by a woman Abbott" & "Honest Mal" Wink

Abbott supports Brough despite not reading the judges comments was the main headline today.

Call me old fashioned but there seems to be a lot The Mad Monk doesn't know. MM keeps on protecting Honest Mal from facing any scrutiny (well not the actual Judges of course)

Actually we could have MM as the Mad Monk & MM as Mendacious Mal, Malevolent Mal, Mad Mal or Machiavallian Mal, I like HM Honest Mal? Wink

Abbott hasn't faced 1/10th of what Prime Minster Gillard has faced & is found wanting even by his own party these days.

Very Happy Very Happy Wink

Where have I defended Abbott? Of course he is up to his neck in all this Ashby / Brough stuff.

Unlike you lot towards Labor though, I choose not to be deliberately naive about these sorts of things. As I said elsewhere, where there's smoke, there's generally fire.

So, feel free to flog Abbott on this one. Just don't get then get defensive when I flog Gillard for her behavior though.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 9:40 am

^ You won't get away with that particular three-card trick. Not a bad try though. But boiled down to its actual content, you are proposing to concede Abbott's guilt (a "concession" which means nothing, for the proof is already out there in the public domain) in "fair exchange" for the rest of the world conceding that Gillard is "guilty" of something - a proposition for which we don't even have any evidence, let alone proof! Remind me not to by any used camels from you.

Try pulling the other leg son.

Bruno 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 3:49 pm

Tannin wrote:
^ You won't get away with that particular three-card trick. Not a bad try though. But boiled down to its actual content, you are proposing to concede Abbott's guilt (a "concession" which means nothing, for the proof is already out there in the public domain) in "fair exchange" for the rest of the world conceding that Gillard is "guilty" of something - a proposition for which we don't even have any evidence, let alone proof! Remind me not to by any used camels from you.

Firstly, you don't call me "son".

Secondly, your post above is rubbish. I call things down the line. If you wonder why I don't talk much about the opposition though its because they are just the opposition, not the government. Tony Abbott and his friends are in charge of nothing.

Personally I think the Labor side of politics (you included) have been wrong to focus so much on Tony Abbott and the Opposition. How many times have you heard Ted Bailleu mention Daniel Andrews? How often did you hear Paul Keating or Bob Hawke mention John Howard or Andrew Peacock?

Gillard and Co. would be better served not mentioning them at all.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:25 pm

Bruno wrote:
Tannin wrote:

Firstly, you don't call me "son".

Secondly, your post above is rubbish. I call things down the line. If you wonder why I don't talk much about the opposition though its because they are just the opposition, not the government. Tony Abbott and his friends are in charge of nothing.

Personally I think the Labor side of politics (you included) have been wrong to focus so much on Tony Abbott and the Opposition. How many times have you heard Ted Bailleu mention Daniel Andrews? How often did you hear Paul Keating or Bob Hawke mention John Howard or Andrew Peacock?

Gillard and Co. would be better served not mentioning them at all.

Hold the weddin' partner, hold the weddin': Shocked Shocked

Just a few comments off the top of my head (memory bank getting harder to access these days):

Try:
1. A soulfle never rises twice
2. Feral Abacus ([i]oh how I love that description of the economic rationalists) why couldn't I think of that damn it

Not off the top of my head but a website called Paul (insults) Keating

Keating on Howard:

(Of his 1986 leadership) "From this day onwards, Howard will wear his leadership like a crown of thorns, and in the parliament I'll do everything to crucify him."

"He is the greatest job and investment destroyer since the bubonic plague."

"But I will never get to the stage of wanting to lead the nation standing in front of the mirror each morning clipping the eyebrows here and clipping the eyebrows there with Janette and the kids: It's like 'Spot the eyebrows'."

"I am not like the Leader of the Opposition. I did not slither out of the Cabinet room like a mangy maggot..."

"He has more hide than a team of elephants."

"I do not want to hear any mealymouthed talk from the Member for Benelong."

"The principle saboteur, the man with the cheap fistful of dollars."

"Come in sucker."

[/i]

The funny part is that they are so true about Howard.

On former Liberal Party Leader and Shadow Treasurer, Andrew Peacock:

"...what we have here is an intellectual rust bucket."

"He, as Foreign Minister, was swanning around the United States of America with Shirley MacLaine or trying to crash one of Ted Kennedy's parties...and he was trying to play statesman...while he swanned around, and then he made a cowardly attack upon the former Prime Minister before slinking back into his cabinet."

"...if this gutless spiv, and I refer to him as a gutless spiv..."

"...the Leader of the Opposition's inane stupidities."

"He could not rise above his own opportunism or his incapacity to lead."

"I suppose tha the Honourable Gentleman's hair, like his intellect, will recede into th darkness."

"He represents nothing and nobody."

"You've been in the dye pot again, Andrew."

"The Leader of the Opposition is more to be pitied than despised, the poor old thing." "The Liberal Party ought to put him down like a faithful dog because he is of no use to it and of no use to the nation."

"We're not interested in the views of painted, perfumed gigolos."

"It is the first time the Honourable Gentleman has got out from under the sunlamp."

"Bib and Bub. The Leader of the Opposition and his Deputy."

"...a fop such as the present Leader of the Opposition."

Now I reckon Bruno once you stop laughing like I did after reading the great & funny man you might need to reconsider rewriting history to suit your opinion about ALP strategy.

Very Happy Very Happy

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 10 of 15   

Jump to: