Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Harry O

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Museman wrote:
Panic/anxiety disorder... tick.

Witnessed a murder...tick

Sexual abuse....cross.

Can I now be excused for any bad behaviour...I may commit going forward.

I would feel for Harry if I actually believed him.

But I just flat out don't...sorry, and I could be totally wrong but my read is my read.

Panic/anxiety is an interesting little devil it seems to come from nowhere and my god does it knocks you around, just fear for fear sake, I guess people experience different sorts...but "what's your fear" in that moment "something is just badly wrong" "what?" "I don't know I just feel like i'm going to die, everything just feels so wrong...."

Your limbs go numb, your heart goes at double pace as does your thought process, Depersonalization...yeah that's a freaky one.

For me that would last 15 mins maybe, in your head it felt like 5 hours and it's horrific....

Tell you whats more horrific...quack put me on Effexor, 5 nights of sweating with the most vivid dreams and by day learning what blue actually feels like.

As a person who despises suicide and those who commit it for it's selfishness, realizing what it feels like to actually not care for living anymore is about as scary as your world can get....

Despicable drugs them SNRIS's AND SSRI's.

The Linden method fixed me, but it took some doing, I would recommend trying for anyone struggling.

But I never treated those close to me like $h!t and I never went on a figgen vacation I was to busy wallowing in my own misery to do any such thing.

Not seeing any sort of correlation has me more than a tad cynical.

But if i'm wrong I wish him well.

As you know better than most there is no single way do deal with any form of mental illness.

I work in crisis psychiatry.

In my many years of experience I use the Michael Malthouse selection theory: Horses for courses. Different individuals respond to different things and different individuals respond differently to the same things (look at our collective reactions to Harry's terribly diffcult news - ranging from empathy to derision & scorn)

First your assumptions are incorrect to start with :

Can anyone be excused for any bad behaviour because of having a mental illness is a construction on the matter - & for me not a helpful one. it serves to inflame in my view.

It's truly great you've succeeded & worked hard to overcome your situation with a programme . The programme may work well for some, may well work for many but will not work for everyone.

SSRI's & SNRI's can be very helpful for many people & not helpful for others.

At the same time I've seen ECT be very successful from the most profound of depressions where a perron is so disabled they canot feed themselves, wash themselves or get out of bed.

I've seen people be on say 6 months of an SSRI then get on with their lives - seen it post natal, seen it not post natal.

Suicide is not due to selfish motives but it is easy to construe it like this - again I deal with this daily in my profession. It's too gross a generalization to make.

However like you I do get a feeling of anger is some people say who suicide in a place where their kids or loved one's will find them or in a park near a kids playground. However there is always far more to it than that: like there is far more to it with Harry.

I don't think it's a matter of pouring scorn or it is useful useful in framing things in terms of "treating people like shit" that is for me an unfair accusation to make. Too black & white dare I say in what is a complex situation

What is wrong with being empathic & wishing good for people - as simple as that? Are we all so proccupied with our own sense of entitlement that we cannot express some basic decency for a person in need indeed in crisis for one of our own?

Neil Appleby Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 10:53 pm

Beast wrote:

And one doesn't need to be a doctor to give one a diagnosis of being a weak self-obsessed narcissist.

Not sure what planet you inhabit, but here on earth only clinical psychologists and psychiatrists are able to diagnose personality disorders such as narcissism. Wankers however are often known to big-note themselves by using such terms.

Underdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Harry is a mentally ill person, & should not be playing any Footy until he sorts out his issues

The guy is clearly deranged

I hope he can get his shit together

I think Harry is a Princess playing the CFC & the Media for his own benefits

Read that as you will
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:15 pm

Why is is that the people who took a narrow, ignorant, racist view of the Adam Goodes affair are now the exact same ones hanging out to crucify Harry O? Makes you think, doesn't it.
Beast 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:28 pm

Neil Appleby wrote:
Beast wrote:

And one doesn't need to be a doctor to give one a diagnosis of being a weak self-obsessed narcissist.

Not sure what planet you inhabit, but here on earth only clinical psychologists and psychiatrists are able to diagnose personality disorders such as narcissism. Wankers however are often known to big-note themselves by using such terms.

Free Country last I looked and I will diagnose anyone I want, whenever I want.

Yours is a gutless, sniping, mongoloid and sycophantic lemming.

Sorry mods but enough is enough, I wasn't brought up to turn the other cheek.
Museman 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:40 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Museman wrote:
Panic/anxiety disorder... tick.

Witnessed a murder...tick

Sexual abuse....cross.

Can I now be excused for any bad behaviour...I may commit going forward.

I would feel for Harry if I actually believed him.

But I just flat out don't...sorry, and I could be totally wrong but my read is my read.

Panic/anxiety is an interesting little devil it seems to come from nowhere and my god does it knocks you around, just fear for fear sake, I guess people experience different sorts...but "what's your fear" in that moment "something is just badly wrong" "what?" "I don't know I just feel like i'm going to die, everything just feels so wrong...."

Your limbs go numb, your heart goes at double pace as does your thought process, Depersonalization...yeah that's a freaky one.

For me that would last 15 mins maybe, in your head it felt like 5 hours and it's horrific....

Tell you whats more horrific...quack put me on Effexor, 5 nights of sweating with the most vivid dreams and by day learning what blue actually feels like.

As a person who despises suicide and those who commit it for it's selfishness, realizing what it feels like to actually not care for living anymore is about as scary as your world can get....

Despicable drugs them SNRIS's AND SSRI's.

The Linden method fixed me, but it took some doing, I would recommend trying for anyone struggling.

But I never treated those close to me like $h!t and I never went on a figgen vacation I was to busy wallowing in my own misery to do any such thing.

Not seeing any sort of correlation has me more than a tad cynical.

But if i'm wrong I wish him well.

As you know better than most there is no single way do deal with any form of mental illness.

I work in crisis psychiatry.

In my many years of experience I use the Michael Malthouse selection theory: Horses for courses. Different individuals respond to different things and different individuals respond differently to the same things (look at our collective reactions to Harry's terribly diffcult news - ranging from empathy to derision & scorn)

First your assumptions are incorrect to start with :

Can anyone be excused for any bad behaviour because of having a mental illness is a construction on the matter - & for me not a helpful one. it serves to inflame in my view.

It's truly great you've succeeded & worked hard to overcome your situation with a programme . The programme may work well for some, may well work for many but will not work for everyone.

SSRI's & SNRI's can be very helpful for many people & not helpful for others.

At the same time I've seen ECT be very successful from the most profound of depressions where a perron is so disabled they canot feed themselves, wash themselves or get out of bed.

I've seen people be on say 6 months of an SSRI then get on with their lives - seen it post natal, seen it not post natal.

Suicide is not due to selfish motives but it is easy to construe it like this - again I deal with this daily in my profession. It's too gross a generalization to make.

However like you I do get a feeling of anger is some people say who suicide in a place where their kids or loved one's will find them or in a park near a kids playground. However there is always far more to it than that: like there is far more to it with Harry.

I don't think it's a matter of pouring scorn or it is useful useful in framing things in terms of "treating people like shit" that is for me an unfair accusation to make. Too black & white dare I say in what is a complex situation

What is wrong with being empathic & wishing good for people - as simple as that? Are we all so proccupied with our own sense of entitlement that we cannot express some basic decency for a person in need indeed in crisis for one of our own?

Maybe what I wrote is a little vague, I was basically saying that I seen suicide as a selfish act until the drug almost put me in that state, it then became clear to me for some the option of accounting for what you may do to others emotionally is almost non existent in that the illness is all consuming.

I am empathetic to such plights, rightly or wrongly I just don't believe him.

As for the SSRI's, maybe in extreme cases? you might be in a better position than I to judge, they serve a purpose. But it would seem, and my experience is in doubtful maybe slight cases these can be a very dangerous drugs.

There are actual accounts of these drugs being given to people relatively normal people, say at the doc's because of persistent tiredness, and these people going on to stick a gun in there mouth after a few weeks...

Not to mention just about all the mass school shooting kids being on them....

They are currently handed out like candy mate.

The linden program works on somewhat of a placebo level.. you need to believe, it's pretty hard to dive head first into your fear, but for me this bloke lead me there and talked me in... Shocked stunned me too....

Maybe not for all, but if it helps someone as it did me...then good.

Last edited by Museman on Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
magpie1111 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:42 pm

Tannin wrote:
Why is is that the people who took a narrow, ignorant, racist view of the Adam Goodes affair are now the exact same ones hanging out to crucify Harry O? Makes you think, doesn't it.
Shame you cant delist supporters
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:44 pm

when did harry revert to using harry rather than heritier?
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:45 pm

Sometime in the 20th century.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:48 pm

^ medications on their own are never the answer that is for sure.

There are many SSRI's. I've seen them help a lot of people. I've also seen them have side effects too which can be terrible for those experiencing the same.

The good things about SSRI's where I work (& for GP's / psychaitrists) is that if a person OD's on them they are not likely to die or suffer serious consequences. The same cannot be said for the old fashoied but very effective where clincially indicated "tricyclic anti-depressants'.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 09, 2013 11:50 pm

Tannin wrote:

Must be a coincidence Shocked Rolling Eyes

Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:01 am

Tannin wrote:

I'm sure you would like to think it's a "race" thing Tannin, but I assure you in my case at least it's not, it may have something to do with the attention seeking nature of both parties, but race...nah.

I have admitted I could be completely wrong about harry.
Museman 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:04 am

watt price tully wrote:

The good things about SSRI's where I work (& for GP's / psychaitrists) is that if a person OD's on them they are not likely to die or suffer serious consequences.

This is where it's tricky, I would argue blowing the back of your head out is as effective as OD'ing.
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:13 am

Beast wrote:
Neil Appleby wrote:
Beast wrote:

Free Country last I looked and I will diagnose anyone I want, whenever I want.

Yours is a gutless, sniping, mongoloid and sycophantic lemming.

Sorry mods but enough is enough, I wasn't brought up to turn the other cheek.

And those of us who disagree with you are equally entitled to reply to you. That's free speech in action.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 12:16 am

Could it be the Best Thing for Harry and the Club if we Stood Him Down for the Rest of the Season so he can get him self Mentally Healthy again
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: