Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Round 14 - Geelong vs Collingwood at Kardinia Park

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Grundy's first half. Mind you, he does the spectacular things but can't convert a set-shot to save himself. Requires a lot of time, time we don't have in this premiership window to be frittering away on development rucks. But he will get better, eventually.

I could say the Same Thing with Cloke with his Lack of Converting.

Plus it was a Very Wet Game

True on both counts, granted.

Guess he'll fit right into our forward line, then... Wink

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:07 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Grundy's first half. Mind you, he does the spectacular things but can't convert a set-shot to save himself. Requires a lot of time, time we don't have in this premiership window to be frittering away on development rucks. But he will get better, eventually.

I could say the Same Thing with Cloke with his Lack of Converting.

Plus it was a Very Wet Game

True on both counts, granted.

Guess he'll fit right into our forward line, then... Wink

Sure Will Wink

He is Creating Chances witch is a Good Sign in itself. As he can Rest Forward and Capable of Snagging a Few Goals up there.

How was his Forward Work Tonight?

perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Went to the game again. Seemed pretty obvious that Grundy got tired having to ruck almost all night against West and Vardy. Played a superb first half but fell away. Kennedy and Martin were great for 2.5 quarters but then dropped off. Ramsay was good and is a superb tackler. Ox was polished, as was Dids, Yags and Broomy. Was noticeable that Geelong looked bigger and a year or two further developed. We looked in control mid way through the third as we were far more desperate, diving into packs and winning the clearances. But then we couldn't get the ball and the game opened up.

Positives were Kennedy's first half when he dominated around the stoppages, Grundy's first half, Martin's all round game, Yagmoor's continued improvement and Ox's one on ones and ball use. I like Ramsay and his attack on the ball and his pressure acts. He is manic, but also attacking. Dids did some classy stuff as you would expect. Geelong are the best VFL team I have seen this year. But with a second ruck and a couple more mature players and an extra key back we would have got close.

BrodieisTops 

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:48 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Looks like I am not going as Travelling Late at Night From Werribe by myself is not something I call Safe

Indeed.

1 hour to City, Wait there for Frankston Train and Then another Hour to Frankston where I get Picked up.

Too Long on Train at Late at Night

Good Call Dave!!!!!!!! Train goes from Geelong to Southern Cross where you change to Frankston but wouldnt travel alone at night. I was there it was atrocious conditions, better off in the warm.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:23 am

BrodieisTops wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:
Dave The Man wrote:
Looks like I am not going as Travelling Late at Night From Werribe by myself is not something I call Safe

Indeed.

1 hour to City, Wait there for Frankston Train and Then another Hour to Frankston where I get Picked up.

Too Long on Train at Late at Night

Good Call Dave!!!!!!!! Train goes from Geelong to Southern Cross where you change to Frankston but wouldnt travel alone at night. I was there it was atrocious conditions, better off in the warm.

Well with the Bad Weather, It makes it better to Except not going

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:28 am

perthmagpie wrote:
Went to the game again. Seemed pretty obvious that Grundy got tired having to ruck almost all night against West and Vardy. Played a superb first half but fell away. Kennedy and Martin were great for 2.5 quarters but then dropped off. Ramsay was good and is a superb tackler. Ox was polished, as was Dids, Yags and Broomy. Was noticeable that Geelong looked bigger and a year or two further developed. We looked in control mid way through the third as we were far more desperate, diving into packs and winning the clearances. But then we couldn't get the ball and the game opened up.

Positives were Kennedy's first half when he dominated around the stoppages, Grundy's first half, Martin's all round game, Yagmoor's continued improvement and Ox's one on ones and ball use. I like Ramsay and his attack on the ball and his pressure acts. He is manic, but also attacking. Dids did some classy stuff as you would expect. Geelong are the best VFL team I have seen this year. But with a second ruck and a couple more mature players and an extra key back we would have got close.

I dare say the Track was Heavy and it took it out of the Kid's Legs late. As This is the 1stgTime this Season we have Not Run a Game Out

Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 12:19 pm

My perspective

- Kennedy was very lively. In an under and was the key reason we were right in it at half time and ahead in the third. While some may question effectiveness of his disposals, he was a real terrier and under pressure much of the time. Genuine leg speed too. Lot to like

- Martin knows how to rack up the pill and is also hard at it. Can be a good depth player for us. is a really good player at VFL level

- Grundy was the leading ruckman for mine on the ground. Largely rucked all night but some assistance from Gault and Lynch. Does some really nice/smart things. Will undoubtedly be a player. A Sandy scout was sitting near me and said "he was a steal at pick 18"

- Ramsay has good pace and attack on the ball. His goal from around 50 in the second quarter made a mockery of his poor disposal he was plagued with against Box Hil. has some Seedsman-like characteristics in terms of his height. Disposal may not be as clean but has more grunt and a less polarising hair cut.

- Lynch was disappointing. Difficult conditions for him but wouldn't have found any touch

- Paine showed flashes of ability and has good size but I am not convinced he will be a permanent feature of our senior team

- Dids always does some nice things. Laid a nice bump which got penalised but was as physical as I have seen for years from him.

- Gault - some people see something in him. Not enough for mine

- Yags has nice skills but I am not convinced will be a player

- Broomhead didn't do much. But having seen him at other times, he has some real skill

- Marty was pretty good. Did some hard stuff actually and ball use normally pretty good. Depth player at senior level though.

- Oxley has nice skills and took a courageous mark in the last quarter.

- None of the broader reserves players particularly stood out last night.

In the end, I think the Cats bigger bodies made a bit of a difference. Consistent with their senior team, they are really thick set. I think that Grundy's ruck taps were not being sharked well by the Pies and A Selwood et alia got on top in clearances later in the game. Ryan Bathie at full forward was too big for our backs (Tomohawk II) and Walker also had size up there. Still, I think with one or two more players back we can easily compete with them. Margin a blow out in the end, but we were the better team for much of the first 2.5 qtrs.

think better 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 1:51 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
MOTR wrote:
Picking up on anything positive, MB.

Kennedy's first half, at least so far as gathering 20 in 2 quarters. I'll leave it to others to comment on the effectiveness of those disposals.

Yagmoor sounds like he played a decent game, at least at times.

Didak kicking a goal, for nostalgia reasons.

Collopy is a good VFL player, had a pretty good game it seems.

Marty did some good things, which will not sit well with the haters. Still depth, but handy depth.

Ramsay sounded lively. I look the look of him.

Kyle Martin 34 disposals, 16 tackles.

Really, only Kennedy and Martin kinda-sorta put their hand up, in my limited view. I will defer to those who were at the ground for a full wrap-up and assessment...

Is 16 tackles some sort of record??

magman29 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:40 pm

nah, that was ` Sixteen Tons ` by Tennessee Ernie Ford Wink
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:21 pm

Thanks Albert Park for Report
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 3:38 pm

Albert Parker wrote:
My perspective

- Kennedy was very lively. In an under and was the key reason we were right in it at half time and ahead in the third. While some may question effectiveness of his disposals, he was a real terrier and under pressure much of the time. Genuine leg speed too. Lot to like

- Martin knows how to rack up the pill and is also hard at it. Can be a good depth player for us. is a really good player at VFL level

- Grundy was the leading ruckman for mine on the ground. Largely rucked all night but some assistance from Gault and Lynch. Does some really nice/smart things. Will undoubtedly be a player. A Sandy scout was sitting near me and said "he was a steal at pick 18"

- Ramsay has good pace and attack on the ball. His goal from around 50 in the second quarter made a mockery of his poor disposal he was plagued with against Box Hil. has some Seedsman-like characteristics in terms of his height. Disposal may not be as clean but has more grunt and a less polarising hair cut.

- Lynch was disappointing. Difficult conditions for him but wouldn't have found any touch

- Paine showed flashes of ability and has good size but I am not convinced he will be a permanent feature of our senior team

- Dids always does some nice things. Laid a nice bump which got penalised but was as physical as I have seen for years from him.

- Broomhead didn't do much. But having seen him at other times, he has some real skill

- Marty was pretty good. Did some hard stuff actually and ball use normally pretty good. Depth player at senior level though.

In the end, I think the Cats bigger bodies made a bit of a difference. Consistent with their senior team, they are really thick set. I think that Grundy's ruck taps were not being sharked well by the Pies and A Selwood et alia got on top in clearances later in the game. Ryan Bathie at full forward was too big for our backs (Tomohawk II) and Walker also had size up there. Still, I think with one or two more players back we can easily compete with them. Margin a blow out in the end, but we were the better team for much of the first 2.5 qtrs.

Great report mate Smile

Any players who could give themselves a chance to play next week? Kennedy or Martin are probably the favourites to potentially return to the senior side for the GWS match next weekend.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 20, 2013 5:54 pm

Jezza wrote:
Albert Parker wrote:
My perspective

Great report mate Smile

Any players who could give themselves a chance to play next week? Kennedy or Martin are probably the favourites to potentially return to the senior side for the GWS match next weekend.

Grundy could play next week

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Grundy's Goal:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Ec1LYU5q81A#t=0s

die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 5:36 pm

Some photos from the game...

More...VICTORIA PARK ON FACEBOOK

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 pm

Great Photo's Shane. Wish I was there Watching but Too Far Away for that Time of Night and Did Stay Dry
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> The VFL Magpies All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 10 of 11   

Jump to: