Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre match. Pies v. Tigers - all comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:53 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Beast wrote:
JT is an upgrade on Adams and while it's good to see Witts being named chances are he will make way for Kennedy. Just a gut feel.

Don't agree with that. Adams is a better player then JT

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:55 pm

I hope he plays and plays well.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:55 pm

I think Thomas is a great inclusion. A better Collingwood player than Adams at this stage, so we have a gain there, not a loss.

Witts is important to give Grundy assistance. Wouldn't worry too much about the conditions.

No Kennedy though is a real concern. Is he really that bad? This is a player that we'd be expecting a lot of this year. A first round pick in his second season, he should be really starting to show something. I like him and think he offers something a bit different as he has pace and a bit of flair (actually moves a lot like Krakouer). I can not understand why he's not a lock to play in our forward line and rotating through the middle.

Blair, like an earlier number 11 Wink, simply seems undroppable (though I was more supportive of O'Bree). For his modest output and impact he has played a lot of games. Kennedy simply has to be a better option. Goldsack's the other one, but he does at least offer some quite unique attributes.

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 6:57 pm

Happy with those changes. Still not a huge Kennedy fan, I'd rather have JT or Adams. Actually, I'd rather have both - not sure who comes out to make the space though. Witts, if he plays, could make a significant contribution. Lot's of people here are rather mindlessly down on him.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:00 pm

^^JT and Adams are too samey. Neither has shown anything outside of their inside midfield position. We need a mix of players, and right now I think we're missing a bit of what Kennedy can offer over the more one-paced and bullocky type players in Thomas, Adams and Blair. He has some real agility, pace and a readiness to take risks.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:00 pm

Better then the Q-Stick
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:03 pm

People are making some big assumptions over Adams on the back of what 1 and a half games for the club.

Blair should make way for Kennedy if Witts is to play which is still doubtful given the weather conditions.

mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:06 pm

warburton lad wrote:
If Maxy doesn't come up, I'd suggest, Goldy goes back and Kennedy comes in.

Thoughts?

Yeah I like your thinking, I'm not a fan of Goldy as a forward anyway, hasn't been any good up forward since 2012.

Just hope they don't bring Clarke in thinking the wet conditions will suit, even on a wet ground he's slower than the average AFL ruckman.
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:09 pm

Breathe easy. Witts is definitely not playing tonight. Then again, neither is Pendlebury. Trust me on this.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:09 pm

swoop42 wrote:
People are making some big assumptions over Adams on the back of what 1 and a half games for the club.

Blair should make way for Kennedy if Witts is to play which is still doubtful given the weather conditions.

Agree that it's too early to make an overall assessment on Adams. But, for me, at this stage, while he's still adjusting to the team I don't think we lose anything by Thomas coming in for him, and probably gain. Thomas did play some very good games last season and has been with the club a lot longer.

With this bench: Luke Ball, Jarrod Witts, Josh Thomas, Tom Langdon it's possible we could take the risk of making Witts the sub. Would be great to see him come on as the number 1 ruck and would still allow us to rest Grundy without going too tall across the ground. The risk is, if we cop an injury we are a runner down, but we would be if we started him anyway.

melliot 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:14 pm

Lynch is a far better option if it's wet Imo. He is capable of a bit more crash and bash and getting it off the deck and belting it forward. If the weather is as bad as we think it might be, I think they'll make the late change for more mobile bullocking ruck.

But if we are more concerned with Witts development than winning this game then go with Witts.

Grundy will get worn down as the single ruck. But I'm concerned well be too big and slow in the wet with both Grundy and Witts when it's better to go smaller than bigger.

Effectively we've dropped two smalls for a big and a small. We're bigger yet weather is wetter and ground heavier. It doesn't really make sense other than player development.
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:17 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Beast wrote:
JT is an upgrade on Adams and while it's good to see Witts being named chances are he will make way for Kennedy. Just a gut feel.

Don't agree with that. Adams is a better player then JT

I know you don't just don't know why.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:19 pm

Adams and Thomas are both guns. It is great to get JT back but I'd rather not be losing Adams at the same time. To the contention that they are 'samey' I respond, "shit yeah we have TWO of them". 'cept not this week obviously. But soon.

I'd have both over Blair, Kennedy, Goldsack every time

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:22 pm

I'm not sure we'll fit Adams, Thomas, Ball and Beams all in the same team too often this year. It's nice to have hard players, but you do need some different types as well.
Beast 

PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:23 pm

swoop42 wrote:

My assumption on Adams is based on his career to date and has nothing to do with his short stint with us. He is a B-grade inside mid with a healthy dose of mongrel and nothing more IMHO.
Thomas has shown far more than him when healthy, I have no idea how anyone can argue with that. Doesn't mean it won't change in the future but thats the current status quo.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 10 of 14   

Jump to: