Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Crows - All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:52 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Really nothing?
woftam Gemini

I used to be undecided, but now I'm not so sure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:03 am

Culprit wrote:
Forget the spin, the season is well and truly over. Our disposal has got worse. Has to be an overhaul at years end with players and staff.

We already had a player overhaul after bowing out last year to Port.
Players got traded & dumped yet all coaches remained. It's obviously not their fault then right? Shocked
Lazza 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:06 am

Thanks Pete 70. A brilliant post as usual.

I was saying to Piesnchess this morning on a PM that the "perceptive fellow" will always be that (win, lose or draw) because it's a personal affliction that is in their DNA. So in a way, their responses will ALWAYS be pessimistic, negative and boringly bloody predictable. The sky will always be falling down..... Rolling Eyes

To me, this is a fairly young, developing team under Bucks showing signs of fatigue, which is to be realistically expected. They will peak from 2016 onwards.

For instant success, I suggest that the "perceptive fellow" swith to following the Hawks or Swans.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:47 am

swoop42 wrote:
Think we might just go with an unchanged lineup against the power.

Martin should improve his output now that he's had a taste, Broomhead likewise while Reid has got a full game into his legs.

Seems like no one in the VFL dominated with Fas probably the only one in consideration but from what Bucks said last week he'll have to really earn any recall to the side this time around.

Toovey or Fas the only possible inclusions for mine.

Yep, agree. Ball the only other likely inclusion.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:24 pm

think positive wrote:
Jezza wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
No surprising the umpiring was poor with Stevic involved.

What was the final tally?

I swear we are the only side capable of hosting an interstate side and still losing the free kick count.

Collingwood 18-20 Adelaide. Hard to believe Rolling Eyes

The tally says nothing, need to have a look at just where those free kicks were given on the field. If you only get 10 for the game, but they are all in front of goal, rather than 25 that are all in your back pocket, your winning.

I'm over this shit, I vote Cloke be allowed to punch the umpire in the face to show him what he puts up with every time the ball gets near him

I know what you're saying TP. I think there was only one goal from a free kick I can remember that we received and that was Kyle Martin in the second quarter. Adelaide got a fair few free kicks in front of goal, with the most notable one being early in the second quarter against Clinton Young which resulted in a 50m penalty.

Unfortunately I don't have specific stats of where these free kicks took place around the ground.

Brenny 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:31 pm

melliot wrote:
GoWoodsmen wrote:
melliot wrote:
I'm totally flat. We've been an uninspiring team since Bux took over. Even after a win, it's a battle to enjoy a replay.

We now play an uninspiring brand that loses games.

I think it's gonna get worse before it gets better. We may go further backwards next year. Cos our footy brand is bottom 4 style and only made to look better by some scrap.

Melliot, I'm curious, which teams play a "good" brand of football? Almost every game I have turned on this year I have turned off fairly quickly because quite frankly it's been boring as bat shit.

Freo copped a lot of flash for their style of game going into the GF but Hawthorn's keepings of - albeit skilful - is just as boring. Melbourne... boring. Sydney.... shut down kings... boring. Carlton.... yeah whatever.... I could go on but I won't.

I think you're drinking from that glass half empty glass again.

I don't think I'm either overly positive or negative. I generally sit positively. But ultimately call it as I see it.

Hawks play a good brand. Port. Cats. Dons almost. I'm not hard to please. I enjoyed MM's brand when it got going. GCS when they get going. North when they get going.

We seem to play ugly yet are defensively skittish.

I generally agree with the bolded colour non specific font. Hawks though, I find it utterly boring and a poor display of what aussie rules is about.

Red, I agree.

The best brand I think is Port Adelaide when they are up and about.
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 12:43 pm

Mentally, I don't think we are there, physically, I don't think we are there.....

AND ITS DOING MY HEAD IN!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4hUY6VFa3Q

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:52 pm

Just found there big bodies really won the game in the end. We always looked over matched in the middle. Brodie Smith is much better than I thought. Dangerfield basically did nothing except win them the game in the last 10 minutes.

Our team was incredibly small in the middle. Martin is a midget as well. We missed 3 sitters that where crucial. Witts battled very hard all day but lost 3-4 big ruck contests in the last 10 minutes. Jesse White played better than he has. Cloke needs to lead more and wrestle less. Jack Frost was great. Keefe was OK except for those dam kick ins. Youngy was pretty poor. Beams was class. Pendles too quiet.

In desperate need of a classy half back with guts. Hopefully Sharenberg is that man.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 1:59 pm

I get that we're a young and developing side with inexperienced players being expected to play a senior role probably too early within their careers, but that's the way it is. Nothing we can do about it. What shits me is the inconsistency from all players, the turnovers, failure to dispose of the ball properly by hand and foot, poor judgement and some of them who are running around literally clueless. It's just not good enough.

Keefe needs a bloody good kick up the arse for his lack of defending. In the 1st quarter I think it was, he allowed j.pod to mark the ball on the line. He was saved by the resulting behind but that's not the point. Meanwhile Sidearse stood by and watched.

Goldsack is another who allowed Adelaide to win the ball by running away from Frost who went to ground and was fighting for possession.

Then there's the constant failure to move the ball out of the back half effectively without turning it over at least once going forward.

Our skill errors kill whatever good opportunities we create.

There were many times last night when we literally had no one to kick to going forward.
5150 Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 2:42 pm

There were two things yesterday that got under my skin.

The lack of tackles from our defenders - Frost 1, Keeffe 0, Goldsack 1, Young 1, Langdon 2 & Williams 4 - but missed quite a few...

The numerous times where it was "their turn to go" and back into a pack. Seedsman, Young, Pendlebury, Langdon and Sidebottom all won't want to watch the replay... Pendebury and Langdon have credits but the others, it seems to be part of their make up.
Bucks2014 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:16 pm

Think I've banned myself from attending anymore games this year, the turnovers I just can't believe. Hand balling to either the opposition or no-one infuriates me.

Can't keep using this we are a young side bullshit, GWS are young and they don't turn it over as much as we do. I think GWS will actually give us a belting as we are a poor football side. I should have realised this when I still don't know how we lost to the Gold Coast.

For the first time yesterday I questioned our coach especially the game plan from kicking out. It is shit house, kick it sideways 15 metres to the back pocket, then kick it to a contest.

Really unsure if Cloke up the ground is the right move, I mean he isn't the best decision maker ie: wheels around on his left and kicks it as far as possible.

Young was terrible, I've been a supporter but for a senior player he was really disappointing.

Sorry to any kids that may have heard me say Fxxx it's not on, I am just a passionate fan who hates seeing where we are.

Anyway the positives, definitely just to have Reid back was fantastic he will be so much better next week. I really like Broomhead, he is or should be our speedy midfielder.

Harry, sorry Heritier good game and took the game on which I loved, still needs to look when kicking though.

Beams goal finishing first class.

Pendlebury putting his body on the line in the back line, shouldn't be his role but loved it. Said leader to me.

collie dog 

RIP Shelby 11-10-13

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:33 pm

I just remembered. In 2014 it is Sanderson 2 - Buckley nil.

It has been a rare thing indeed for the Crows to win both games against us in a year.

Beast 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:45 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Beast wrote:
You must mean a player because as a coach Bucks' only contribution to the Club has been decimating the side that was supposed to be going places and turning it into a laughing stock.

Yes, that's what I meant. I agree that his record as coach is questionable, but he's one of the greatest players Collingwood has ever had, so I'm supporting him where there's doubt. In the end, though, success or failure will tell the story. I just don't think we're there yet.

Fair reply and despite my prickly nature and obvious dissatisfaction with our current state I'm supporting Bucks for all those reasons too.
Just sick of the sunshine and lollipops brigade telling us everything is rosy when it clearly isn't. No one of the sane mind would have envisaged us being in this predicament in the third year of Bucks' tenure, no one.
We're here mainly because he chose to go down this path so he has to wear it. Our Club should make up it's mind when it comes to our direction, acknowledge things didn't go according to plan and admit we're rebuilding or stick to aiming to win the flag in the next couple of years.
My anger actually stems from refusal to give up on a hope of the core of the current list winning another flag and Bucks not emitting any signs this will happen. I'd be far more measured if I thought our current line up isn't capable of giving it a serious tilt with a bit of tinkering and a better guidance.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:56 pm

I'm more convinced than ever that we're struggling to win games for just 2 reasons.

Firstly, we get smashed in the ruck most weeks.

Secondly, we have been missing Dane Swan (of old) all year. We lack genuine pace in the midfield.

Arrest these weaknesses by next season and we'll be a contender.
Breadcrawl 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2014 5:58 pm

Pete 70 wrote:
Sack the boot studder. He has well and truly us, and that bloke in the club cafe - well screw him too. Don't get me started on the coaches, because I know exactly what those prats are doing so I can tell you they should all go. Hell bring back the New Muppets, sorry the New Magpies because those guys were onto something when they got rid of some wannabe coach mid-season.
Can anyone here bagging this beautiful club that has been a part of my life for 36 years please tell me which other club lost 4premiership players this week.
Oh I'm making excuses. No the I am not. I am sticking with them. In 1984 we lost a preliminary final to Essendon by well over 13 goals. I stayed to the final siren. Because i Was taught that you stick by someone when things are tough. Do you think firing someone means we are better placed next year. We gave mm 10years. And he was responsible for 2011 - no one else.

We make a choice. We make a choice. We either look out for each other, or we become Bitchmond, or Carlton who tries to cheat the system at every course, or it become whoever. Be critical of the club, yes, have strong views, absolutely. But the vitriol on here when we are fielding an under 25 side is
Thank god for Lazza and Piesnchess.
Oh and by the way even though I am a club plant I still blame Buckley for every injury we have got this year.
I think of everyone of you as my brother, or my sister - we have this great passion for the club that unites us, we can talk forever about Millane, or Daicos or Shaw or Ataata - but enough of the vitriol

I like this post.

I think it's a really good post.

I don't really have anything to add, but I think it's worthwhile letting the poster know that I appreciated his effort and agree with him.

I just wanted to say that.

It might seem like I am being a little verbose, seeing as all I wanted to do is say that I liked the post, but you see I would like the post to achieve it's intended purpose and that will require the poster, Pete 70, to read my post in which I like his.

And if I just write "like", it seems that the post will magically and mysteriously disappear.

Even if another poster then agrees with my liking of the original post, and quotes my 'like' and then adds something of his own, even this is a good chance to be vaporised, evidently.

I guess the internet just isn't big enough for us to go around supporting each other by 'liking' and '+1'-ing posts.

I do hope this one is now long enough to survive

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: