Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Thomas, Keeffe reportedly test positive perf enhancing drugs

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Give them a polygraph.

The results mightn't be admissible in a court of law but they have been shown to be highly accurate.

If I was in this situation and knew I hadn't done anything wrong I'd ask for one to try and persuade people of my innocence.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:18 pm

Darkstranger wrote:
Gee, nearly made it to the start of the season, missed it by that much!
Gold. Laughing
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:22 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Collingwood Crackerjack wrote:
Some pretty bloody disgraceful comments on here; at least wait for the B sample before the summary execution.

Exactly. geez some people are quick to assume guilt and call for the firing squad. I wonder if they'd be as trigger happy if it was them or a family member in the gun.

Don't think the record of b samples being different from a samples is that great. Invariably it confirms the original sample.

Does anyone know?
uncanny 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:26 pm

Very disappointing news
Food contamination (vast quantities of ham consumed in Australia is imported for starters) is a possibility but how would they be able to demonstrate this if it is the case?
We need everything going for us if we are to avoid sliding further and this is the last thing we need right now...

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:37 pm

thebaldfacts wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
Some pretty bloody disgraceful comments on here; at least wait for the B sample before the summary execution.

Exactly. geez some people are quick to assume guilt and call for the firing squad. I wonder if they'd be as trigger happy if it was them or a family member in the gun.

Don't think the record of b samples being different from a samples is that great. Invariably it confirms the original sample.

Does anyone know?

I'm assuming the B sample will be consistent, but that they weren't stupid enough to deliberately take the stuff so I'm prepared to wait for the evidence before strapping them to the pole and loading the Daisy.

pablo 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:40 pm

swoop42 wrote:
I love a good conspiracy theory.

1.Essendon are found not guilty tomorrow but the AFL and ASADA get to save face and show that the AFL drugs testing policy is working.

2. Essendon get found guilty tomorrow but receive a soft penalty but the AFL is able to placate Essendon supporters outraged at the verdict and opposition supporters of the other 16 clubs outraged by the lenient sentence by the virtue that two players from the most hated of clubs will likely end up with 2 year bans.

3.Two players from the most high profile of clubs receive provisional suspensions a single day before the verdict for the biggest scandal in AFL history gets handed down in an attempt to split media attention from that decision, take some focus and pressure off all involved prior to the day and to soften up the public attitude towards whatever is handed down tomorrow.

Essendon = Systematic doping regime and an investigation constantly thwarted and challenged and challenged and challenged by the turd. Anything less than two years for them would be a disgrace. Remember discounts to six months should only be for full co-operation.

Collingwood = Story unknown, but assume drug cheats, give 'em two years as well.

Take it as red, it's black and white!

But, I bet the collingwood penalty is higher!

Doc63 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:42 pm

stui magpie wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Does anyone know?

I'm assuming the B sample will be consistent, but that they weren't stupid enough to deliberately take the stuff so I'm prepared to wait for the evidence before strapping them to the pole and loading the Daisy.

The B sample will almost certainly come back positive. Proving that they didn't deliberately take it will be very difficult.

taff wa 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:47 pm

It's wrong that both a and B specimen were taken at same time. It's logical that both tests will be positive.

The b test should have been taken on Friday when asada visited the pair.
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:58 pm

Hasn't JT gone through a lot of sht to get fit and ready to go for this club? And hasn't he looked pretty fit n lean for a couple years now? He would be at the bottom of my candidates to even think about knowingly using something like this... And for two players to test positive for the exact same thing at the same time.. Come on there is too much coincidence here for my liking, they have eaten something IMO
azza102 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 5:58 pm

I think they do an A test and a B test to ensure there is no mix up with the samples during testing.
VicParkTragic 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:00 pm

This is an interesting article about the drug in question:

http://theconversation.com/alberto-contador-banned-for-doping-but-what-is-clenbuterol-5246

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:01 pm

You have to ask yourself why, why whenever we suffer long term injuries or drug claims it's never Blair.

Wink Razz Laughing

roar 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm

^^ That's true, swoop, but one the other hand, JT and Keeffe are not massive losses.

Last edited by roar on Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Steve86 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:03 pm

swoop42 wrote:
You have to ask yourself why, why whenever we suffer long term injuries or drug claims it's never Blair.

Wink Razz Laughing

haha Very HappyVery Happy
taff wa 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 6:04 pm

Got no hope of being cleared then due to both a and b samples taken at same time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 42, 43, 44  Next
Page 10 of 44   

Jump to: