Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match. Pies v. Port. All comments please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
mattys123 wrote:
Yay. Very Happy

Common sense prevails.

He simply needs to play for us to maintain our current forward line dynamic more than anything else, so Cloke replacing Moore is a simple and logical change.

Ideally, the club would retain Moore if he wasn't injured, but this is Cloke's chance to prove his doubters wrong and show the coaches that he's worth retaining in the side from now on.

I'm looking forward to seeing his body language on Sunday if he plays, because it will tell us a lot about where his head is at with his footy and the club and whether he wants this opportunity desperately enough. Here's hoping he plays well if he's selected as expected.

This 100%

jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 9:32 am

E wrote:
RICHO1991 wrote:
E wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
RICHO1991 wrote:
In: Cloke, Brown, Sinclair, Williams, Aish
Out: Cox, Moore, Toovey, Fasolo, Adams

Brown to play down back.. Swing Reid forward with Cloke and play Sinclair in Fasolo's role.. Williams to replace Toovey across half back and Aish for Adams

Goldsack could also fill a spot down back or upforward! Not all doom and gloom folks! We do have some options

I was thinking the same thing though Reid seems to be less injury prone this year and I wonder if it is to do with the more straight-ahead nature of defensive work. He also seems to organise the defence.

The last thing we need is Reid going down with injury now. So I'd go with Cloke and Cox at CHF/FF, leave Reid as the backline general, and let Browny work his way back in. I'd not let Cox go out yet - his game v the Dogs was a disappointment, but we need to keep investing in his project.

Reid is under strict instructions to avoid being at full speed. have you seen how Reid doesn't chase anymore. Its not worth it just to save a goal if you guaranty an injury. Its the same reason sinkers isn't allowed to take 2 bounces.

Reid did run down Stanley the other day against Geelong and a fair pace

You are saying he chased down their lumbering ruckman? there have been at least 5 times this season where he has jogged while his opponent ran 50 meters.

Mind you, i am for it. I dont want reid hurting himself trying to catch someone. would rather he stayed healthy.

Stanley did win a GF sprint a couple of years back so hardly a plodder but your point is no less valid.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 11:26 am

Pies by 16 Goals
69 years a MAGPIE Libra

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 12:44 pm

Brown may need another VFL game for conditioning but would be helpful. Williams or Sinclair but not both, Marsh a possibility. I'd play Cloke high, very high, half forward and send White down closer to goal with Cox as the main targets. Howe from the back half and Cloke from around the centre line should provide quick, deep ball. Aishe may get his chance or they could look at Goodyear. Grundy should be ok in the ruck but the mids have to really fire up. Last week's first 3 quarters were good marred by crap conversion as Bucks said. Fix that, we're 5+ goals up and they do not catch us. Anyway, time for Trav to give the finger to all his critics and turn in a good one.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:09 pm

4 maybe 5 changes this week

Out Moore inj Fasalo inj Adams inj Toovey concussion (possibly 1 other depending on how Crockers ankle comes up)

In
Cloke for Moore
Goodyear for Adams
Marsh for Toovey
Sinclair for Fasalo

Varcoe needs to lift his game past 2 weeks haven't been his best by a long way. He was a mile off it last week when we needed the experienced leaders to stand up.
Sideys 2nd half last week was horrid 20 touches to half time then 6 after half time including 1 kick only in the last term (which was a turnover) 3 hand balls 2 kicks later the dogs goal and were out of the game. If he wants to be known as a elite player he needs to bring it week in week out and not have so many quiet qtrs. No point in running riot for a half then doing nothing when the team needs you most. He wasn't alone but as a experieced player like Varcoe more should be expected from him.
White has been going good but need more scoreboard impact from him now. He's showed he can get to the contests and make a difference just needs to hit the scoreboard hard and often
Treloar was in and out of the game last week and needs to find that real balance between his best terms and worse. Can excuse him some what but if you want big coin then you need to earn your pay packet every week.

I think we can win this if we show the same determination we have the past 3 weeks. I just wonder how much the last quarter took out of our legs going into this week.
I'm hoping Cloke brings desire and effort he does that then he's done his job and we are closer to winning than losing
Pies by 28
MagpiesTheGreat 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 2:32 pm

Cloke should have kicked 10 goals in a VFL game, if he deserves to be recalled.
mattys123 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:18 pm

MagpiesTheGreat wrote:

Yeah see this is what I don't get.

Cloke has to kick 10 to be recalled.

Yet 1-2 goals was enough for Mason Cox.

2 goals was enough for Ben Crocker.

0 goals at one point was enough for Corey Gault.

Sorry but that's just wrong, if you go on form Travis Cloke is the best forward we have at VFL level in recent times (who isn't already in the seniors).

He deserves a game under any criteria anyone can dream up.
John Wren Virgo

"Look after the game. It means so much to so many."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:37 pm

mattys123 wrote:
MagpiesTheGreat wrote:

Sorry but that's just wrong, if you go on form Travis Cloke is the best forward we have at VFL level in recent times (who isn't already in the seniors).

it's not even about having thhe same criteria as those you mention and it certainly isn't about kicking a bag of goals.

if cloke plays on sunday it will be interesting to see of he does what is asked of him, whatever that may be.

Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:47 pm

mattys123 wrote:
MagpiesTheGreat wrote:

What you "don't get", it seems, is that its a lot easier for a forward to do his job in the VFL than in the AFL. Cox and Crocker kicking a few goals in the seniors is a world away from Cloke kicking four in the VFL. Apples and oranges. An experienced player like Cloke should have been causing carnage in the VFL.
mackasmatt 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 4:49 pm

Much prefer our style of play without Cloke in the side. Happy for him to be traded somewhere at the end of the year. Wouldnt mind him getting a game here or there to up his value. Cloke is not the future.

Prefer Witts not to come back this week since Port will be going in with a Centre Half Back (Trengove) as their main ruckman.

----------
------------
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:17 pm

Cloke just went through the motions at training today, but I assume he's in the 25 man squad. Actually, both Gault and Witts impressed more than Cloke but I'm assuming they will both be playing VFL this weekend. I'm assuming also that either Williams or Sinclair will replace Adams while Cloke will replace Moore. The tricky one is who replaces Fasolo because with Adams out, we're down a defensive mid. Maybe we will just replace Fasolo with a mid like Aish or Goodyear because we still have Greenwood who plays as a defensive mid.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:19 pm

Cloke is in then. ??

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jackcass Cancer

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 5:51 pm

Woods wrote:
What you "don't get", it seems, is that its a lot easier for a forward to do his job in the VFL than in the AFL. Cox and Crocker kicking a few goals in the seniors is a world away from Cloke kicking four in the VFL. Apples and oranges. An experienced player like Cloke should have been causing carnage in the VFL.

I disagree. Factor in the reduced quality of the footy and I'd have them on a par. If it was easier we'd have seen guys like Crocker, Moore, Cox, White etc all regularly kicking big bags making them impossible to leave out of the senior team which just doesn't happen. Don't see why we should expect Cloke to. Who was the last forward at VFL level who regularly and routinely kicked bags of goals for us?
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:03 pm

jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:

I disagree. Factor in the reduced quality of the footy and I'd have them on a par. If it was easier we'd have seen guys like Crocker, Moore, Cox, White etc all regularly kicking big bags making them impossible to leave out of the senior team which just doesn't happen. Don't see why we should expect Cloke to. Who was the last forward at VFL level who regularly and routinely kicked bags of goals for us?

Still apples and oranges. Cloke's career is that of an old school power forward - stand somewhere inside 50, take contested marks and covert to goal. That's mainly why Cloke has in the team all these years. Cox and Crocker are not power forwards. They do a lot of other stuff really well apart from kicking goals.
Woods Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:03 pm

Woods wrote:
jackcass wrote:
Woods wrote:

Still apples and oranges. Cloke's career is that of an old school power forward - stand somewhere inside 50, take contested marks and covert to goal. That's mainly why Cloke has been in the team all these years. Cox and Crocker are not power forwards. They do a lot of other stuff really well apart from kicking goals.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 10 of 17   

Jump to: