Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The 2017 Nathan Buckley Debate

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - What should the club do with him?
Sack him now, it's over
38%
 38%  [ 60 ]
Sack him mid-season, we aren't at DEFCON 1 just yet
3%
 3%  [ 5 ]
Sack him end of season, give him a dignified exit as he warms the seat
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Decide end of season (still think he's the man)
14%
 14%  [ 23 ]
Decide end of season (he's lost me)
4%
 4%  [ 7 ]
Decide end of season (I genuinely don't know)
16%
 16%  [ 26 ]
Extend him now, he is The Chosen One!
8%
 8%  [ 13 ]
Total Votes : 156

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:21 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Redlight wrote:
(*I'd buy everyone else two beers. Smile)

Even the mods...?

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 1:31 am

Redlight wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
Redlight wrote:
Bob Sugar wrote:
Where's Lazza and the rest of the "perceptive fellow"?

Why would anyone want to crash this little gathering of the Dunning-Kruger society?

Tonight belongs to you! Celebrate!

Oh Redlight
I am waiting for you on the dark side.
can't wait until you join me.
I remember your promise from last year.

If the year continues like this then Buckley is finished, no doubt.

That said, we’re only two rounds in, so don’t get too engorged. Also, I feel like this might be a good time to make some things abundantly clear, just in case things do collapse in a steaming heap;

1) I will have to decline your generous offer to join the dark side, regardless of the outcomes this year. If Buckley loses his job I expect all Collingwood supporters to wish him well and see him off with grace, and indeed, with all of our best wishes (unless he goes to another club).

2) Buckley going will not, in any way, reflect well upon the fleet of the eternally discontented gathered here.

3) Your arguments throughout the years have been, shall we say, underwhelming. They remain so, even if you get your wish.

4) It is certainly possible to get what you want even if your behaviour has been appalling - and even if nearly everything you say is utter bulltish. Just ask Donald Trump.

5) If the coach does go then we’re simply resetting the timer. It will not take long for the usual suspects to start bagging our next coach/assistant/recruiter/president/ceo/player. The targets may change, the behaviour will not. It’s what you guys do.

6) The rest of us will give all our support to the staff and players of the club. We will take no pleasure in the failure of anyone associated with Collingwood. Instead we will ride out the rough times and revel even more in the wins.

7) Enjoy your pyrrhic victories while you can. When things get better I, for one, will remember who went missing when the chips were down. Regardless of who the coach is.

This should be read again by the masses. Nice post redlight. Cool you know you've hit the mark when a few feathers start ruffling.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:35 am

And if one green bottle.... should accidentally fall....

sigh.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 5:38 am

Sorry. . .
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:06 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
KM I've come in here time and again an defended the coach and club. I have always said time will tell well mate tonight I give up
Seriously if this is what we have become and have become accustomed to as supporters then we have really hit rock bottom.
We just lost to a side that may well finish the season with less than 8 wins they are really a shit side who's luck is just running hot at the moment
Buckley will see out the season unless we go 0-8/0-9 then he may just walk away.
So if I was on the board at the club I would be sounding out Roos and clarksons manager now. Heck I would even offer Beveridge overs to get him
Sorry bucks your a champion player but a ordinary coach

Agree 100%. It's just so frustrating as a supporter when the blatant inadequacies of the coach have been over looked by the club for at least 3 or 4 years.

KM I guess I'm like so many others mate who wanted to believe in the fairy tale that one of our greatest ever players could also be that as a coach.
I'll put my hand up and say I've made the excuses about injuries and no team cohesion and lack of some key planks to many young players but seriously what I just can't get is how one of the best kicks of the football in the modern era can't teach 22 players how to kick the ball 20-40m straight and accurate.
In the last 2 weeks there was no less than 10 shots on goal you would expect a minor league player to kick 90/100 times yet we miss them all. It's not just 1 player like Cloke who we blamed always it's every player who ventures forward.
I could forgive some structural issues in the early part of the season by saying we are learning on the run with a few new players and a couple of injuries but we have a complete lack of accountability across the whole ground.
I would hate to think what this side would become if we lost Pendles Treloar Grundy Reid Howe.
It's just so damn down heartening and nothing that happens in the remainder of the season (barring a unbelievable push deep into finals which won't happen) can save his job.
Buckley the coach isn't Buckley the player (unfortunately) and th club needs to start working behind the scenes now for his successor.
As a sign of respect I would let him finish out the season (unless he jumps) I don't see any benefit sacking him mid season would just make the club implode more if that's possible
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 6:35 am

Apparently Eddie on Triple M this morning said that Buckley has outcoached two coaches in a row now.

Looks like we're stuck with this shit for a while.

Peponi 

There is only one team. And that team is Collingwood.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 8:19 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Apparently Eddie on Triple M this morning said that Buckley has outcoached two coaches in a row now.

You have to be fu.....g kidding me! He said that? He's delusional. Eddie reminds me of the Iraqi Information Minister when the coalition forces were starting to take the Baghdad suburbs and he was denying anything was wrong. Buckley is DONE. No matter how much Eddie sugar coats it!

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:49 am

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

You have to be fu.....g kidding me! He said that? He's delusional. Eddie reminds me of the Iraqi Information Minister when the coalition forces were starting to take the Baghdad suburbs and he was denying anything was wrong. Buckley is DONE. No matter how much Eddie sugar coats it!
Laughing Love the comparison Very Happy
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 9:56 am

You know you are in trouble as a coach when Tony Shaw is supporting you. Shocked
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:01 am

Culprit wrote:
You know you are in trouble as a coach when Tony Shaw is supporting you. Shocked

Any word from Spud Frawley yet???

www.facebook/the hybernators
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:23 am

Quote:
Groundhog Day... Again - Groundhog Day (2/Cool Movie CLIP (1993) HD
Movieclips
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:24 am

Sensei Grundy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

He was known as Comical Ali.
We have Comical Eddie.
But more importantly, why was Botham sitting with him?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:32 am

is he gone yet
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:41 am

Maybe Botham was there to teach Buckley how to relate to others - just like did as English captain.

Just for the record I predict that Buckley will be given a contract extension at the end of the year. I thought pre-season that we would win around 8-10 games and I still think we will, and I also suspect that the new contract has already been printed - Eddie is just waiting for the right time to ink it.
Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2017 10:45 am

If he's gone better to do it earlier rather than later. If we're 0-5 make the move and see what Burns or Sando can give us. No use wasting another year and eroding the team's brittle confidence any further.

Roos is the man moving forward. The more I think about it the more I am convinced that he would have an immediate positive impact on our performance, through better defensive structure and confidence building among the group

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 98, 99, 100  Next
Page 10 of 100   

Jump to: