Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heritier Lumumba about to launch a broadside at the club

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 7:00 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

September Zeros wrote:

Again all i see is people seeking facts. Many are neither condemning or defending either party . I don't think its wise to jump all over the club every time someone says anything negative about it. Robbos 11 Collingwood drug takers would say hi ....if they existed.

Facts and context.

<snip>

I think at the very least its safe to say now after a couple of testimonies that it happened. Something that was not outwardly clear on page one of this thread.

I like to reserve judgment before execution and avoid Jumping to correct conclusions.

The club should apologise, H should accept. And then he should move on.

One of these will never happen.

It actually was clear on page one that it happened ... well, at least if one followed the link and read the original article, which reported statements from Maxwell and the club clearly acknowledging it.

Robbo's wild drug claim was completely different. It'd be more similar if Robbo were a Collingwood insider, and a former player was quoted as saying he didn't know drugs were harmful, and the club, when asked for comment, responded that the drugs were first taken at a party and then only for a short while after... None of which, of course, was the case.

Now, as you say, we have even more corroboration that it happened.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:31 pm

MJ23 wrote:

I just wonder why we were able to attract Varcoe / Wells......

It suited their careers and their bank balances (as is true in general of people shifting jobs in the same town). But you already knew that...

No conclusions relevant to this thread can be drawn, any more than we can draw conclusions from the fact that (e.g.) Adrian McAdam refused to play a single game for us.

Last edited by K on Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:47 pm; edited 1 time in total
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 8:40 pm

Luigitheunbelievable wrote:
Hi Folks.
Lazza, you can have a beer with me anytime! You're an Aussie, mate.
Good story.
I was also called names at school. When I told my mother she laughed and told me the sticks and stones rhyme.
Never bothered me after that.
Regards to all. (and H).

For the most part my heritage here in Australia goes back much further into the mid 1800's so I am not part of the massive immigration intake post WW2.

I personally think that the contribution these new Aussie made to Australia cannot be over estimated. Their influence and work ethic helped to build our society that is so much more complex and interesting in comparison to the Australia of 1940 and before.

When I was a youth and a child everybody received a bit of stick. It was the society in which we lived. My worst years where when I lived in a boarding school for 4 years. The s--t stirring what's oppressive

Some of us can move on and make the most of what life has to offer and what we can forge out. It is a shame that H has done it so tough.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 pm

[quote="K"]
MJ23 wrote:

I .

No conclusions relevant to this thread can be drawn, any more than we can draw conclusions from the fact that (e.g.) Gilbert McAdam refused to play a single game for us.

You sure it wasn't Adrian McAdam. Don't go confusing a topic that is already proving difficult to find out the truth.

K 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:46 pm

ronrat wrote:
K wrote:

No conclusions relevant to this thread can be drawn, any more than we can draw conclusions from the fact that (e.g.) Gilbert McAdam refused to play a single game for us.

You sure it wasn't Adrian McAdam. Don't go confusing a topic that is already proving difficult to find out the truth.

Yes, it's Adrian. (Well, neither played a single game for us Wink , but it was Adrian that NM traded to us.) I'll correct it. Thanks.
September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 24, 2017 10:40 pm

K wrote:
September Zeros wrote:

Again all i see is people seeking facts. Many are neither condemning or defending either party . I don't think its wise to jump all over the club every time someone says anything negative about it. Robbos 11 Collingwood drug takers would say hi ....if they existed.

Facts and context.

<snip>

I think at the very least its safe to say now after a couple of testimonies that it happened. Something that was not outwardly clear on page one of this thread.

I like to reserve judgment before execution and avoid Jumping to correct conclusions.

The club should apologise, H should accept. And then he should move on.

One of these will never happen.

It actually was clear on page one that it happened ... well, at least if one followed the link and read the original article, which reported statements from Maxwell and the club clearly acknowledging it.

Robbo's wild drug claim was completely different. It'd be more similar if Robbo were a Collingwood insider, and a former player was quoted as saying he didn't know drugs were harmful, and the club, when asked for comment, responded that the drugs were first taken at a party and then only for a short while after... None of which, of course, was the case.

Now, as you say, we have even more corroboration that it happened.

My point with robbo was the possibility of reacting to incorrect "facts" reported in the media before the truth is known... Nothing more nothing less. I must have been unclear.

And no .... the link only made parts of the story known and from primarily one point of view. It certainly was and is missing the accounts of the accused, including something I think is important ....context. One can see an example of that if they follow the link and reads the original article which contains very little of it.

Still I've put my thoughts forward in that the information is enough to suggest the club apologise for hurting his feelings. Then we move on and H moves on.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 8:55 am

Lazza wrote:
I'm a migrant (many moons ago) to this beautiful country of Australia, being born in Sri Lanka.

Thanks, Lazza. I've always enjoyed your contributions of common sense. You're one of the reasons I keep coming back to read this board.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:35 am

I really don't understand peoples stories almost competitive of how they handled or didn't handle abuse or racism or name calling or whatever.

FFS, that is your experience good on you. However it has zero to do with Harry's experience. It's coming across like a pissing competition - people saying "oh you're a real Aussie" for goodness sake.

Harry is documenting his experience. Aspects of this his have been corroborated by Shae Mac & now apparently by Leon Davis too. That is their experience.

Yeah, Nah Yeah, they should just roll with the punches.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBoddSdyWe0

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 9:50 am

watt price tully wrote:
I really don't understand peoples stories almost competitive of how they handled or didn't handle abuse or racism or name calling or whatever.

FFS, that is your experience good on you. However it has zero to do with Harry's experience. It's coming across like a pissing competition - people saying "oh you're a real Aussie" for goodness sake.

Harry is documenting his experience. Aspects of this his have been corroborated by Shae Mac & now apparently by Leon Davis too. That is their experience.

You are correct, each persons reaction to bigotry is unique and equally valid.
I, however, find it refreshing to read about how people have dealt with bigotry without resorting to the outrage, gnashing of teeth and reprisals that the media seems to demand.

My favourite article about dealing with racism is this:
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/kkk-klu-klux-klan-members-leave-black-man-racism-friends-convince-persuade-chicago-daryl-davis-a7489596.html
I'm not saying this is the only way to deal with bigotry but it seems to have worked for the man involved.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 12:11 pm

watt price tully wrote:

I also think that some people choose to make every mole hill into a mountain.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:02 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

I also think that some people choose to make every mole hill into a mountain.

And it's common for narcissists, like Donald Trump and Heritier, to always blame others for everything and never, ever to admit fault or accept responsibility for their failings. For someone who espouses so much talk about tolerance and respect, it seems Heritier has no respect for anyone. It's sad. It didn't have to be this way, but that's the way Heritier has chosen to be remembered - as a self obsessed, not very bright, sad and tragic figure of ridicule.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 2:48 pm

Luigitheunbelievable wrote:
Hi Folks.
Lazza, you can have a beer with me anytime! You're an Aussie, mate.
Good story.
I was also called names at school. When I told my mother she laughed and told me the sticks and stones rhyme.
Never bothered me after that.
Regards to all. (and H).

Happy to oblige Luigitheunbelievable. It is a very well known fact that (irrespective of which political leanings I have) I have always hated the concepts like political correctness, affirmative action, non merit based employment opportunities, forcing compliance with silly (in my opinion) government policies etc. I like to own my own life and do/think/act in the way that is totally legal, correct and acceptable to society. Sure I have broken some rules but mostly, I have done the right thing so to speak.
I see this victim mentality almost all the time in my working environment and it does get to you after a while. Quite often there is a hidden/not so hidden agenda behind playing the eternal victim. (Eg. Financial gain)
Some of you may have heard about thePeter Principlesomething to the effect that, In a hierarchy, every employee tends to rise to his/her level of incompetence. You could re-phrase this with , In society, every person easily offended tends to rise to his/her level of victim mentality
It will never happen but I wish I can have half an hour to have a yarn with Harry. If we agree to disagree, that's fine but sometimes its good to see the other side of the same coin and work out which side is more valuable and worthwhile at the end of the day.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:17 pm

WPT, I think you have totally (accidentally I think) misinterpreted my post mate. One of my favourite posts here is "to each their own" - I must have posted that sentence over 200 times since 2003. We all have opinions and we never have to agree with each other. It is NOT a pissing contest as you put it. It is (like another poster said) a comparison on how two similarly coloured persons can cope with verbal/racial/emotional abuse. I said that I did not want to be categorised into any box of how to deal with this stuff (which WILL continue to happen forever btw). I was just sharing MY experiences and how I coped. Surely that is not a crime?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:32 pm

Lazza wrote:
WPT, I think you have totally (accidentally I think) misinterpreted my post mate. One of my favourite posts here is "to each their own" - I must have posted that sentence over 200 times since 2003. We all have opinions and we never have to agree with each other. It is NOT a pissing contest as you put it. It is (like another poster said) a comparison on how two similarly coloured persons can cope with verbal/racial/emotional abuse. I said that I did not want to be categorised into any box of how to deal with this stuff (which WILL continue to happen forever btw). I was just sharing MY experiences and how I coped. Surely that is not a crime?? Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Yours was a great post Lazza. Well said.
Member 7167 Leo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2017 3:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Member 7167 wrote:
watt price tully wrote:

And it's common for narcissists, like Donald Trump and Heritier, to always blame others for everything and never, ever to admit fault or accept responsibility for their failings. For someone who espouses so much talk about tolerance and respect, it seems Heritier has no respect for anyone. It's sad. It didn't have to be this way, but that's the way Heritier has chosen to be remembered - as a self obsessed, not very bright, sad and tragic figure of ridicule.

And at the end of the day the situation is quite unfortunate and sad.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 10 of 36   

Jump to: