Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

#35,#16 Oliver Henry

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sun Sep 04, 2022 8:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

RudeBoy wrote:
If he wants out then let him try his luck in the draft and see how he likes playing for Adelaide. Wink

St Kilda thought that about Luke Ball.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:13 pm

The longer this goes the more it scares me. The old relationship question:

"Is it me or is it you"?

This needs to get sorted fast and either he/his manager needs to humble up or our list management team need to find their wallets. Either way, losing our only meaningful key forward would be a disaster greater than 2020 trade period.

The General Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 4:40 pm

I liken Ollie to Oscar Piastri. Has done his apprenticeship, proven his worth, bided his time. Only to held back to allow others to take his place.

And just like Piastri, wants to play with the big boys next year.

Given all the talk of us getting in McStay and Hill, plus all the other names getting floated. And with the emergence of Johnson and kruger etc, he surely must be thinking he has been pushed further down the pecking order.

We all know his time will come, but as a young star, he just wants to play senior footy and the Collingwood football club seem to be pushing that further down the track.

He probably sees two choices, work hard and force his way into the team eventually. Or go to another club and play seniors straight away while also working hard.

If I was him, I'd be waiting till the end of the season to see who we bring in. And if we start trying to bring in high priced recruits from other clubs on big dollars playing in the same spot, I'd probably ask for a trade also.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 5:11 pm

He wasn’t held back though, he had his opportunities this year.
MAY-Z 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 6:07 pm

I would think he is off.

He isnt getting a game and looks like we are bringing in more forward line players so he will only think he has to be further down the list for next season
dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 8:30 pm

The General wrote:
I liken Ollie to Oscar Piastri. Has done his apprenticeship, proven his worth, bided his time. Only to held back to allow others to take his place.

And just like Piastri, wants to play with the big boys next year.

Given all the talk of us getting in McStay and Hill, plus all the other names getting floated. And with the emergence of Johnson and kruger etc, he surely must be thinking he has been pushed further down the pecking order.

We all know his time will come, but as a young star, he just wants to play senior footy and the Collingwood football club seem to be pushing that further down the track.

He probably sees two choices, work hard and force his way into the team eventually. Or go to another club and play seniors straight away while also working hard.

If I was him, I'd be waiting till the end of the season to see who we bring in. And if we start trying to bring in high priced recruits from other clubs on big dollars playing in the same spot, I'd probably ask for a trade also.

I think the club think he’s given up on us and so we’ve returned the favour.

princem007 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 9:01 pm

This is all speculation , it’s not unusual to do contracts after the season.

These are professional footballers paid good money to play football at whatever level they are needed eg AFL or VFL.

Your form will dictate which level you play.

If you not getting a game in the AFL you worker harder and wait for your opportunity to come.

You don’t get handed a position on a plate because we are worried you might request a trade.

You have to earn it and if that means improving your defensive skills or whatever strengths you need to develop, you just do it and get on with it.

You don’t have a sook and a whinge.

You act like a winner.

If he requests a trade then he doesn’t have the mental fortitude to work through it and no matter where he goes that will be a weakness and a knock on him if that’s the reason.

If his form and attitude deserved being picked I’m sure he would be in the team and I don’t think the club wouldn’t select because he hasn’t signed yet, that is ludicrous to believe that.

He is currently on the emergency list and who knows, he maybe the medi sub this week and come on and kick 4 goals and away we go.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 10:24 pm

I was actually thinking Max Holmes in a swap last week, but forget it now. Evil or Very Mad
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:25 pm

Ask the question - why isn't he playing. He has great talent, he has a spot in the team due to his flexibility (he doesn't play tall like Johnson, he plays mid size which at best (or maybe worst!) he frees Elliot up for more midfield time) so he isn't playing because he hasn't done what the coaches have asked him to do - which is, reading between the lines - impact the game when you aren't getting the football.

Can you remember Henry taking a mark on the wing? Can you remember him tackling in the backline? Ginnivan, Elliot, McCreery did these things the in the LAST GAME 5 days ago. All of them. Probably multiple times. Each. This is this blokes problem. He needs to become an off the ball player. He could play wing. He could play half back. He should be playing so well that the coaches ask Elliot if he'd like to maybe try a little bit of half back flanker. But because he doesn't EVER get his own ball and because he NEVER impacts the game off the ball he's playing in the twos. This isn't a criticism of him as a player, he's in is second year for gods sake. He is there to learn and grow and be a 50 goal forward in 2024. But if he's asking for sheep stations in 2022, you've got to tell him he's dreaming. It's hard to see Jamie Elliots replacement walk to Geelong for nuts, but it's harder to see a not-quite-there-half-forward-flanker hold you to ransom. Sorry Ollie, but Beau is twice the player you are (at the moment) with half the talent and at half the price....

Nothing personal, it's business...

- Ben
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 08, 2022 11:49 pm

Tru dat. Cool
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 7:28 am

I wonder if some Adelaide supporters were as cocksure that losing Gunston was no big deal.

If we can extend ourselves contractually to give a 30yo Elliott a 3 year deal we can afford to do the same for a talented 20yo forward in Henry.

I can quite easily see us regretting losing him season on season for the next 10 years and for what? 100K extra now x 2 seasons?

Not worth taking that risk when the savings to pay for it could be easily obtained by removing both Brown brothers (as one example) and replacing them with a couple of national draft selections on minimum chips.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:13 am

swoop42 wrote:
I wonder if some Adelaide supporters were as cocksure that losing Gunston was no big deal.

If we can extend ourselves contractually to give a 30yo Elliott a 3 year deal we can afford to do the same for a talented 20yo forward in Henry.

I can quite easily see us regretting losing him season on season for the next 10 years and for what? 100K extra now x 2 seasons?

Not worth taking that risk when the savings to pay for it could be easily obtained by removing both Brown brothers (as one example) and replacing them with a couple of national draft selections on minimum chips.

Agreed. He’s a baby in footy terms. Too much of a talent to lose. Give him a pre-season or two and he will have the strength to compete. Ash Johnson took his place. He is not comparable to McCreery; that’s comparing apples with dragonfruit. I’d definitely be keeping him. The proviso on that is what is the trade worth? Ridiculous overs as an offer can never be ignored.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:21 am

swoop42 wrote:

On the flip side, getting rid of Jaidyn Stephenson, Jack Anthony and Chris Dawes didn't come back to haunt us.
Craigmac 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 9:32 am

Ollie is unlucky not to be playing.

Mihocek should be rested.....he is clearly injured and his output for 6 to 8 weeks has been below par. And now it's impacting his decision making and kicking. Did playing him cost us last weeks game against Geelong?

And Ginnivan needs to do more also. Been a tough year but struggles to kick goals when he cant get free kicks.

We have been crying out for some talented forwards and now we have one we could let him walk....

We wasted pick 6 on Stephenson....now we could let another 1st round pick leave, who looks like being a star.
LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2022 10:08 am

Mods, move to Carringbush rumour file.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Player Forums All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 70, 71, 72  Next
Page 10 of 72   

Jump to: