Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Trade Targets ~ Free Agency & MSD player movements

Users browsing this topic:1 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: skaman

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
warburton lad 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 10:55 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

The likes of McStay, Kreuger, Howe, Mihocek and Kelly give us some potentiality for swinging players between backline and forward line if required.

I think that McRae is a nimble enough thinker to swing players about in an emergency.

Another player (tall) who can play multiple positions would be useful- of that I have no doubt...

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:17 am

You see what happens when a few of our talls go down. We have no one we can bring in. Already we have two in Will Kelly and Kreuger with question marks on their ability to stay on the field, while another two in Johnson and Dean have had interrupted seasons. In an ideal world the majority of the list should be mids because you only need two rucks, two tall defenders and two tall forwards. However in practice when you have injuries, you get found out through the spine of the ground when you don't have anybody to mark the ball. A player like McStay who can take a mark and play either end of the ground is a valuable asset. Our current strengths in the forward line are in our medium forwards like De Goey and Henry and in our smalls like Elliot. You don't have to have an elite tall forward to kick the goals as we managed to get by in 2018. However you still need talls to either mark the ball or get it to ground and McStay suits that purpose.
Take_a_Screamer Leo

.....No.40...Ash Johnson...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 11:37 am

MatthewBoydFanClub wrote:
... However you still need talls to either mark the ball or get it to ground and McStay suits that purpose.

Thank God someone found an argument in his favour as I suspect our recruiters are well into negotiations already.

View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 12:53 pm

I have faith in Wrighty
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 4:32 pm

I reckon we might even play him as a defender
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 5:49 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
2023 Ready made key defenders - Moore, Dean ( ? )
Ready made key forwards - Krueger, McStay, Miochek
Ready made ruck / forwards - Cameron, Cox ( if he’s there )
For mine, someone amongst those forwards goes to the backline. Leppitsch coached McStay as a key defender in his three years at the Lions. … just saying.

Play him at Full Back, no problems. Get him.

A forward line with a resting ruck and 3KPP won't work.

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2022 7:58 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
All the rationales aside, I’m concerned that McStay simply isn’t much of a player. 😱

He ticks a few boxes though. I just dont want to pay overs salary wise just to get his signature.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:18 pm

If Jordy leaves, and considering our rebuild might have happened a little quicker than we expected (maybe it’s a false dawn…?) would you consider Matt Crouch as a bit of a stop gap midfielder for the right price while a few of our young guys continue to develop? I get a bit worried in 2 years time we’ll have lost Jordy, Sidey, Pendles, Elliott, Adams will have a zimmer frame and maybe then we do need a more significant rebuild?? Can anyone see the replacement of those guys from our current list (Carmichael, McRae?). Not sure if I can - but maybe that’s because I’m not looking hard enough. We will have another couple of drafts and a chance to trade in that time frame…

Crouch is an All Australian, B&F winner and cleary on the outer at his current mob. Maybe he’s a jerk??

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 6:34 pm

It seems we are not the only club interested in McStay !!

Been noted that Justin Leppitsch has met with McStay

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 8:38 pm

piffdog wrote:
If Jordy leaves, and considering our rebuild might have happened a little quicker than we expected (maybe it’s a false dawn…?) would you consider Matt Crouch as a bit of a stop gap midfielder for the right price while a few of our young guys continue to develop? I get a bit worried in 2 years time we’ll have lost Jordy, Sidey, Pendles, Elliott, Adams will have a zimmer frame and maybe then we do need a more significant rebuild?? Can anyone see the replacement of those guys from our current list (Carmichael, McRae?). Not sure if I can - but maybe that’s because I’m not looking hard enough. We will have another couple of drafts and a chance to trade in that time frame…

Crouch is an All Australian, B&F winner and cleary on the outer at his current mob. Maybe he’s a jerk??

No thanks. Liability. He can go to North.

The Black and White Lion 

The Black and White Lion

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 9:20 pm

Not to divert all the attention from McStay but he’s not the only medium forward out there.

Chris Burgess has kicked a few bags at VFL level but can’t get a game in front of Chol and Casboult.

Eagles need new blood. Jack Darling and Jeremy McGovern are 30 but still have something to offer a team in contention.

North of all teams have lots of talls on the list including recent high picks. If they keep the coach players like McKay and Larkey could do wonders at our club but I’m not sure we should be parting with multiple first round draft picks unless Degoey leaves and we get another first rounder.

Port are on the cusp of the slide with Boak, Gray and Dixon on the wrong side of 31. Todd Marshall would be great but not sure if Port would trade seriously with the Pies.

Weidemann is worth a shot from the Dee’s. Even if we play him at full back

inxs88 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2022 10:35 pm

Nick Larkey would be perfect:

* 198cm
* 95kg
* 24 years of age
* 42 goals 15 behinds in 2021 and played all 22 matches
* 24 goals and 14 points in 2022 via 14 matches played
* durable

Unfortunately contracted till 2024 but that hasn't stopped many clubs before. Roos hold the cards.

Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 7:58 am

The Black and White Lion wrote:
^

Jack Darling can stay the f*** away from our club. Not a chance in hell.

derkd 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2022 11:03 am

Leggie wrote:
Jack Darling can stay the f*** away from our club. Not a chance in hell.

Lol to perhaps word it slightly more eloquently, yes both Gov and Darling are at the end of their respective careers, probably not what we need, and if the end of the Eddie/Buckley years have taught us anything...its dont burn the farm (and the salary cap) on one shot at a flag...because if it fails ...like it did... your left with such a massive hole you have to dig the club out of.

This could well be maybe a slightly false dawn for us...I only say this because I feel we don't know how the club will fair over the next few years with the likes of Pendles, Sidey, Howe, Checkers, Elliott, even Adams...closer to the end of careers then the start. Hard to replace all that talent....so we need the slow burn build. I love the core of young talent making it ways. I am sure Wright and Fly are well aware
of the gaps we still need to fill to have a sustained run at success. I feel it is the 21 to 26 year age gap we need. Bobby Hill would be a handy addition, I would love the club to chase a Zac Butters...get him back home and get him in our midfield mix....expensive but would help out the likes of Nick Diacos in years to come. Would GWS do a straight swap of Degoey for Tim Taranto? Lol pipe dream i know..but he would be a huge get too...and it seems he wants to come back to Victoria.

And yes it still might take a couple of years ...we are a long way ahead of where I thought we might be at the start of the year...but we might still have a year or so dip in the mix too.

My rant done.

Laughing

jatsad 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2022 7:45 pm

Weideman dropped again. His time at the dees is done. Younger, less costly and I think more upside the McStay. Could be a good get, no champion but is not as bad as the dees obviously think.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 154, 155, 156  Next
Page 10 of 156   

Jump to: