Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies destroy Dees. All comments.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 8:59 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Top 5... one of my favourite things to watch after a game.

Fittingly, all 5 are tackles this week. "McCreery! He's a pressure animal!". That's right James, that's right.

https://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/video/1190074/top-5-round-21-v-melbourne?videoId=1190074&modal=true&type=video&publishFrom=1659707335001&tagNames=news

Magpiefan3 Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:12 am

What a win!

Best game of the season so far.

We looked down and out but never gave up.

2017-2019 Player Sponsor for Lynden Dunn
23 YIPPEE!!! 

YIPPEE 23!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:28 am

We’re there any reports like MRO from the game
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:33 am

Maynard set the tone. The rest followed. He’s growing every week as an on field general.
Thought DeGoey was huge. When you think he was our only genuine mid field bull against Petracca, Viney, Oliver ( and Brayshaw ) he took them on and really evened up the score with his output. Loved how he broke away repeatedly from attempted tackles and took the game on. Considering the opposition, I rate it as one of his best game as a midfielder.
Seems like Crisp saves his best or ( energy ) for last quarters these days. His run and dare is probably the single biggest reason for our comebacks. There isn’t an opposition defence who can set up for his line breaking through the middle. First there was the chaos ball, now we have the chaos player.
The belief in this group would be immeasurable.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:40 am

90 nice wrote:
We’re there any reports like MRO from the game

Cox reported by umpire for rough conduct, but it’ll be thrown out. Gawn deserves an Academy Award for his acting and went down like a tissue blown in the wind.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:45 am

McCreery didn’t touch the ball in the first half, then blitzed the pressure points in a five minute stretch that saw us swing the game our way in the second half. You don’t need to stack up 40+ disposals to be a star Wink

Speaking of, does Clayton Oliver ever win his own ball? Sits off the pack and has it dished out to him for about 30 of his disposals.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:54 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
... does Clayton Oliver ever win his own ball? Sits off the pack and has it dished out to him for about 30 of his disposals.

Harsh; easy to say after you've won though.

We know Oliver has the fastest and cleanest hands in the business.
When you have Petracca, Viney and Brayshaw at the coal mouth to farm the pill out to Oliver, why would coaches risk having him injured in the packs?

I'll be watching the game again at some point today, to check just that, but i'll lean in his favour; i'm sure I saw him getting dirty over a few loose balls.

Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:01 am

My point is you can’t use disposals numbers to judge impact. McCrery had a bigger impact in five minutes of pressure, that’s what I’m saying. But the Brownlow votes will go to the bloke who got 40+ in a losing side. Guarantee De Goey won’t get any Brownlow votes either. This is why our internal club rankings mean so much more.

Last edited by Mr Miyagi on Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:24 am; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:16 am

Still in shock! Stayed up til 2 I was so up! Wow what a game!
What a team, what a coach!

Well DeGoey that effort went a long way, well done!
Steak knives 1 and 2, Crisp and Lipinski yeeha what a bargain they are! Brilliant!

Congrats Jaimie checkers, Ash, woohooo, Carmichael, the Daicos bros, even Cox, the entire defence lead by Maynard, that smash and pile on that said you don’t **** with this team! Jack’s smile andBeaus crashing tackles!

The whole frickin night!

Whatever happens from here, what afucking ride! How good is this feeling!

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:23 am

It appears that our pony has learnt another trick or two, and that we had quite a few side dishes to go with our duck for dinner.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:30 am

Mr Miyagi wrote:
My point is you can’t use disposals numbers to judge impact. McCrery had a bigger impact in five minutes of pressure, that’s what I’m saying.
But the Brownlow votes will go to the bloke who got 40+ in a losing side. Guarantee De Goey won’t get any Brownlow votes either. This is why our internal club rankings mean so much more.

Brownlow votes will go to whoever numpty squad deemed played the best games over four quarters; if they are looking at stats to validate their decisions post match, then they shouldn't be!
Regardless, we have bigger boxes to tick than Brownlow votes, as you know; De Goey won't be losing any sleep over that I'm sure...

We'll need McCreery switched on for hopefully a QF against the Handbaggers; we'll want them smashed in tackles over four quarters, I don't care if he doesn't notch up a solitary possession in the process! HULK SMASH!!

Last edited by piedys on Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am; edited 1 time in total
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:30 am

Just when you thought we couldnt play better we deliver this cracker of a game.
What a team and to think of the memberships that we will gain from this period of incredulous wins!!
Everyones gonna want to follow this club and we are only at the beginning.

Love this club!!

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am

pietillidie wrote:
What a magnificent win against a top team. Clearly we are a few big/tall bodies short, but we are smart, relentless and far more tactically astute than people recognise. Pendles greatly reduced Petracca's effectiveness in the 2nd half, and Coxy and Cameron very cleverly started positioning the ball either to our advantage or at their own feet to even the numbers, while the half backs never stopped looking for either the switch or the piercing kick through the middle.

Superb games from de Goey, Jamie (what a 150th masterclass of forward play and pressure), Crispy, Pendles (don't underrate his job on Petracca in the second half), Lippa and Moorey. Johnson just all class as that clean, pure forward you have always envied over the years at clubs like Hawthorn.

Loved how Howey managed to bounce back from a tough spell, really helping free up our running backs, including Bruzzy, who no doubt was very happy to see Howey work back towards form. Just when you think the game was physically wearing him down as an undersized back forced to play tall, he goes and does that. Impeccable timing from a crucial player.

And you just knew we'd come. When I saw how pumped and cocky Melbourne and Goodwin were early when they were able to assert their significant physical advantage and we (yet again) struggled with clean hands in slippery conditions, you just knew if we kept within striking distance space would open, the ball would dry, and doubts would creep into their heads.

Maynard set the agenda early but they're a good team. Our rucks gradually worked out the clearances, both using their respective advantages (love Coxy's clever positioning and tap/whack work and Darcy's maturing physicality and brute strength), and de Goey and Lippa balanced the clearances, the momentum and pressure became oppressive, typified as always by players like McCreery lifting, opening space for silky players like the Daicoses to pick them apart running through the middle.

Jordy played a blinder on the ball. Anyone who thinks our midfield can do without him has rocks in their head. Johnson doubly crucial in that he is not only all class, but we don't need to play Jordy forward.

The forward line again played a super-smart and ferocious game, gradually wearing their heralded backs down until they lost all run. Few forward lines work as hard or unselfishly for each other, but now with the classical craft of Johnson.

What a superb win to recognise a magnificent 150th for a bloke who has worked harder than most to fight the gods of injury and become a brilliant match-winning player.

Now that, with finals in the air against arguably the best and certainly one of the more physical midfields in the comp, who had announced their confidence and intentions loud and clear, was the best win of the lot.

Maggienificent! All fu#$ you and the whole dinner!

Great overview.

Ponder this for a moment, you were told that Demons would led by 23 points in the second term, and that Oliver, Petracca, Brayshaw, Gawn and Viney would each finish the match with 30+ disposals and wait for it, a collective 77 contested possessions. What would the result end up being like, literally and figuratively?

Bucks, speaking like a glowing father post match, said that despite the fall in 2021, he viewed the core of the group had a belief and ability that belied their ladder position. And the post-match interview with Bruzzy, that was a corker. (what a tackle, he's our spirit animal)

But this is Fly's group now, the juxtaposition of the Club and the team at this point of this season compared to 2021 couldn't be more contrasting.
The coaching transition could have been a disaster, with what the Club was emroilled in over the past 12-18 months, but he and the new coaching group have pumped fresh blood into this Collingwood heart. Fly doesn't need to say much, and what he does you lean in to.
But you can't lead without capable lieutenants and the players buying into the program, and that's what we have, a new found belief.
Just look at Sidey leading the song each week with a smile like Luna Park. I love the quiet before they collectively rip into the Club song. (I stated I was wrong a month back, in thinking he was done, in relishing this new role, he's been huge over the past month)
JDG could have gone into his shell, but that was as good a game as he's played in the B&W. Pause for a moment and look at the opposotion bulls he executed it against.
Fly & Co seem to have us running out quarters through a combination of fitnes and endeavour and this unrelenting resilience under fire is something you can't help but admire. That link up goal kicked by Johnson in the dying minute of the 2nd quarter was a clear example of players that have bought into a new sytem. I'm loving the daring in the new game plan that is getting better each week.

Hine has copped as much as any of our whipping boys over recent seasons but to pull the likes of Mihocek, Noble, Carmichael and Johnson over sussesive seasons out of relative obscurity, well I doff my lid.
In Johnson, Hine has found a diamond there. Haven't seen a 1st year forward oozing as much natural ability and calm under pressure for some time. Maybe Rusling is the closest comparison in the way he leads and competes for the ball. But that kicking motion, that's a gift.

On a final note, I know it won't be lost on us but let's all take a moment to appreciate Pendles leadership this year. While it's a career that one can run out of superlatives to desribe, he's done things this year that only the great ones are capable of.

Collingwood über alles.

Last edited by LaurieHolden on Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:44 am; edited 3 times in total
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:31 am

Could everyone please bring one of those squeaky yellow rubber ducks to the corresponding game next year and we all squeeze them at the same time to make a massive squeaky noise LOL
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 06, 2022 10:33 am

piedys wrote:
Mr Miyagi wrote:
My point is you can’t use disposals numbers to judge impact. McCrery had a bigger impact in five minutes of pressure, that’s what I’m saying.
But the Brownlow votes will go to the bloke who got 40+ in a losing side. Guarantee De Goey won’t get any Brownlow votes either. This is why our internal club rankings mean so much more.

Brownlow votes will go to whoever numpty squad deemed played the best games over four quarters; if they are looking at stats to validate their decisions post match, then they shouldn't be!
Regardless, we have bigger boxes to tick than Brownlow votes, as you know; De Goey won't be losing any sleep over that I'm sure...

We'll need McCreery switched on for hopefully a QF against the Handbaggers; we'll want them smashed in tackles over four quarters, I don't care if he doesn't notch up a solitary possession in the process! HULK SMASH!!

Agree to all ,

The Brownlow is bullshit! Absolutely nothing to do with best and fairest!

McReery, OMG, the enforcer we have so badly needed, and he can play too! Love the kid. Kid! Can you believe the head on his young shoulders!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16   

Jump to: