Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Football media (press / radio / commentators et al)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:39 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Damien wrote:
Alright I’ve cut BT a lot of slack up til now but enough is enough. He is atrocious as a commentator. How many times can you incorrectly call Frampton Krueger in one game? Not to mention numerous other howlers in yesterday’s game. And his anti-Collingwood sentiment continues unabated. He is not worthy of calling the big games and needs to be relegated to the VFL.
One would think that with the current digital technology, you should be able to add/remove commentators. BT is just doing a job, I get it but the mute button shouldn't be my friend.
Mr Miyagi 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:43 am

It was atrocious yesterday but got better in the last quarter when it was clear Melbourne had no chance. BT was intolerable, should have been a free to Melbourne, that wasn’t a free kick to us, oooh Darcy Moore should be looked at by the MRP, etc.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 12:20 pm

Culprit wrote:
Damien wrote:
Alright I’ve cut BT a lot of slack up til now but enough is enough. He is atrocious as a commentator. How many times can you incorrectly call Frampton Krueger in one game? Not to mention numerous other howlers in yesterday’s game. And his anti-Collingwood sentiment continues unabated. He is not worthy of calling the big games and needs to be relegated to the VFL.
One would think that with the current digital technology, you should be able to add/remove commentators. BT is just doing a job, I get it but the mute button shouldn't be my friend.

I’m a FOX Footy man. I don’t get that if they can broadcast every game live, why they can’t use their own commentary team. Unless it’s for purely economic reasons. I hope that changes in the next broadcast deal.

1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:12 pm

^
I’m pretty sure it comes in next year.

You will be able to select fox commentary on free to air games!

BARRACK HARD!
piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:16 pm

Damien wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Damien wrote:

I’m a FOX Footy man. I don’t get that if they can broadcast every game live, why they can’t use their own commentary team. Unless it’s for purely economic reasons. I hope that changes in the next broadcast deal.

Pretty sure it would be stipulated in the current agreement it has to be ch 7 personalities which adds to the Ch 7 recognition etc.

piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:20 pm

For non Fox footy games I have moved to using the SEN app and live streaming either to headphones or a speaker.

How about BT yesterday crapping on and repeating 4 or 5 times that Kreuger was kicking for his first goal only to be reminded he’d already kicked 4 way back in 2022. Seriously do these guys do any pre-work? I assume they just rock up on game day with their yobbo, matey approach and all the cliches and tropes they’ve run out at a million sportsman’s nights and whatever the zeitgeist was in the mid 90’s and it shows in the broadcast. Utter rubbish.

And don’t get me started on the CG 7 broadcast angles. The games produced by Fox are head and shoulders better.

LaurieHolden Aquarius

Floreat Gymnorhina tyrannica

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 1:29 pm

^BT was unsure, he asked the Q. He was partly right, he hadn't many for us. Put on the spot, I don't think many of our supporters could have answered it. I had to check the stat's and go back to 2022 where he kicked 4 from a total of 4 games.
Commentators rely on their stat's men in the box to stick those in front of them.
We have been spoiled by Bruce McAvaney. Ranking commentators is like ranking PM's, the list ain't deep.

aus50ford 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 3:18 pm

sounded like there was only one team in the 1st qu with the amount of praise Melb got but the scoreboard smothered that,
But I will say one of the commentary team was amazed that weren't targeting Petracca

piffdog 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:11 pm

LaurieHolden wrote:
^BT was unsure, he asked the Q. He was partly right, he hadn't many for us. Put on the spot, I don't think many of our supporters could have answered it. I had to check the stat's and go back to 2022 where he kicked 4 from a total of 4 games.
Commentators rely on their stat's men in the box to stick those in front of them.
We have been spoiled by Bruce McAvaney. Ranking commentators is like ranking PM's, the list ain't deep.

I think you’re too generous. Half an hour of research including a quick check of the “ins” for an injury riddled team would have told the tale. I also thought that he started out pretty definitive and then back pedalled - probably at the behest of the stats guy in the background. The point is he didn’t know, so don’t run with that as your commentary. I honestly don’t know what skill this guy has in calling that justifies the privilege of the position.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 5:28 pm

I don't mind BT at all, think he's quite funny. Commentators have little impact on the scoreboard. One bloke I couldn't stand, one that plenty of people love, was Bruce.

Bring back Red for Ed and we could have special comments from Daics in the box.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:05 pm

1eyedpie wrote:
^
I’m pretty sure it comes in next year.

You will be able to select fox commentary on free to air games!

Correct. The new deal starts from next year and runs through to 2031.

Quote:
The same amount of games will be broadcast on free-to-air TV each season as is currently, but Fox Footy has won rights to have their own commentary teams for each game.

https://www.afl.com.au/news/837244/afl-reveals-new-broadcast-rights-deal-from-2025

Woods Of Ypres 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:31 pm

would love an option to turn commentary off, but still have the crowd and game noise. I remember this happened by accident once due to a technical problem. for a couple of minutes it was pure heaven.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 10:44 pm

Woods Of Ypres wrote:
would love an option to turn commentary off, but still have the crowd and game noise. I remember this happened by accident once due to a technical problem. for a couple of minutes it was pure heaven.

The original Fox Footy (2002-2006) used to have this feature back in the day.

It's disappointing we don't get the option nowadays.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:08 pm

I dislike all TV footy commentators, because they are more concerned with their own egos and self promotion, rather than actually calling the games. Australian callers should take a leaf out of the way the Brits commentate soccer games. To my mind, the immature and distracting manner of most Australian footy commentating, actually disrespects the game itself.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 11, 2024 11:12 pm

^ Agree. The commentators in English football are vastly superior compared to what we dish up down under.

The typical formula over there is one play-by-play commentator and one special comments. Both individuals allow the game to speak for itself without them making it about themselves.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 10 of 13   

Jump to: