Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 4 - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

In Victoria:

Quote:
Reported yesterday: 1,488 new local cases and 0 cases acquired overseas.
- 36,878 vaccines administered
- 71,224 test results received
- Sadly, 2 people with COVID-19 have died
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:11 am

From NSW Health twitter:

Quote:
NSW recorded 813 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.

The total number of cases in NSW since the beginning of the pandemic is 63,825.

Sadly, NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 10 people with COVID-19 – six men and four women.

Four people were not vaccinated, five people had received one dose of a COVID-19 vaccine, and one person had received two doses of a COVID-19 vaccine.

There have been 362 COVID-19 related deaths in NSW since 16 June 2021 and 418 in total since the start of the pandemic.

There have been 58,158 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.

There are currently 1,005 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 202 people in intensive care, 99 of whom require ventilation.
roar 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:02 pm

I hope - probably in vain - that our politicians realise this thing isn't going away any time soon, and we need some thinking of longer term solutions.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:00 pm

DP

Last edited by What'sinaname on Sat Oct 02, 2021 4:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:00 pm

roar wrote:
I hope - probably in vain - that our politicians realise this thing isn't going away any time soon, and we need some thinking of longer term solutions.

Dan had his chance when he said he would build 4,000 ICU beds in April 2000.

Amazing how now it's "I never said that"

Bit late now to implement long term solution. Can't lock up people for a further 18 months because you dropped the ball (lied) in April 2020.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 2:50 pm

roar wrote:

I hope all the ti hat dickheads realize it and start doing the unselfish things!

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:42 pm

swoop42 wrote:
It's hilarious that Stui once tried to pass himself off as a centrist on this board.

No wonder I and others (where is Watt Price Tully?) can't be arsed with the VPT anymore.

Whatever Rolling Eyes I've been called right wing by lefties and left wing by righties. Just because I can see through Dan's spin that his media team puts together and his cult slavishly follow doesn't make me right wing.

There's more left wing posters here than right by a long way, but if you want a left wing echo chamber where everyone agrees with you, get on Twitter. Personally I prefer (civil) differences of opinion.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:46 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
roar wrote:

Bit late now to implement long term solution. Can't lock up people for a further 18 months because you dropped the ball (lied) in April 2020.

Actually it was Mikakos IIRC when she was health minister, but yeah, Dan seems to have a terrible memory and zero accountability

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:53 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
roar wrote:

Actually it was Mikakos IIRC when she was health minister, but yeah, Dan seems to have a terrible memory and zero accountability

Dan made the announcement of 1.3 billion for new beds and nurses and released the details via the Premiers office media release promising the 4,000 new beds. Jenny specifically said 4,000 new beds in the press conference which Dan was also at.

Now Dan denies anyone ever promised it, so I’d like to know what they spent that 1.3 billion on instead?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 6:45 pm

Dan has a very polished act that is based on boast, deny and deflect
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:44 pm

eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
roar wrote:

Dan made the announcement of 1.3 billion for new beds and nurses and released the details via the Premiers office media release promising the 4,000 new beds. Jenny specifically said 4,000 new beds in the press conference which Dan was also at.

Now Dan denies anyone ever promised it, so I’d like to know what they spent that 1.3 billion on instead?

Good article from Paul Sakkal below if you want to know where the money went. Suggests we've tripled capacity from pre-covid with surge capacity for 4000 beds although this will only be possible if we change care delivery model as in NSW. Interesting the Georgie Crozier is quoted in the article questioning whether such an investment is necessary.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theage.com.au/national/victoria/as-world-watched-new-york-and-milan-victoria-tripled-icu-capacity-to-avoid-covid-nightmare-20210717-p58akm.html

More recent article partly written by Sakkal below which talks about Andrews 'walking back' from earlier commitment. Sounds a bit more nuanced than denying the initial promise or lying, but hey, we don't all do nuance, so whatever floats your boat.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/feared-case-surge-in-victorian-hospitals-would-demand-icu-overhaul-20210920-p58t8n.html

Last edited by nomadjack on Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:03 pm

You may have left out some links?
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 8:19 pm

stui magpie wrote:
You may have left out some links?

Sorry Stui. Sorted now 👍
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 11:13 pm

Thanks for the article, interesting reading. It does sound like they made a big bold announcement then realised either they couldn’t actually deliver or decided it wasn’t needed and stopped.

What had been concerning was the announcement was made last year, yet now they are talking of the hospitals being overrun later this year at well below that number.

Even those two articles, one says we do have the capacity of 1600 beds then the recent one says at 700 they’ll be stretched?

It’s a common issues in politics of all persuasions that they make the announcements people want to hear but find out it’s not so easy. The concern with this one is they have the disclaimer that our reopening is subject to hospital capacity, so if we can’t reopen as predicted or stay open because we’ve got 700 people on ICU then shit may just hit the fan.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:15 am

Today's numbers

13 days to 90% single vax
13 days to 60% double vax
28 days to 70% double vax
44 days to 80% double vax

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 90, 91, 92 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 91 of 199   

Jump to: