Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Coronavirus 4 - Kingdom of the Crystal Skull

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:22 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

In Victoria:

Quote:
Reported yesterday: 1,220 new local cases and 0 cases acquired overseas.
- 36,248 vaccines administered
- 71,275 test results received
- Sadly, 3 people with COVID-19 have died
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:08 am

From NSW Health twitter:
Quote:
NSW recorded 667 new locally acquired cases of COVID-19 in the 24 hours to 8pm last night.

... The total number of cases in NSW since the beginning of the pandemic is 64,479.

Sadly, NSW Health is today reporting the deaths of 10 people with COVID-19 – six women and four men.

Two people were in their 50s, four people were in their 60s, two people were in their 70s and two people were in their 80s.

There have been 372 COVID-19 related deaths in NSW since 16 June 2021 and 428 in total since the start of the pandemic.

There have been 58,811 locally acquired cases reported since 16 June 2021, when the first case in this outbreak was reported.

There are currently 981 COVID-19 cases admitted to hospital, with 195 people in intensive care, 93 of whom require ventilation.

Of the 667 locally acquired cases reported to 8pm last night, 154 are from South Western Sydney Local Health District (LHD), 109 are from Western Sydney LHD, 82 are from Hunter New England LHD, 64 are from South East Sydney LHD, 49 are from Illawarra Shoalhaven LHD, 43 are from Central Coast LHD, 36 are from Sydney LHD, 34 are from Western NSW LHD, 27 are from Southern NSW LHD, 24 are from Northern Sydney LHD, 15 are from Nepean Blue Mountains LHD, six are from Northern NSW LHD, four are from Far West LHD, two are from Mid North Coast LHD, nine are in correctional settings, and 9 are yet to be assigned to an LHD.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:25 pm

It's hard to say how much the protests have contributed to the case numbers, they were already going up. Logically the close of construction should have had an impact but numbers keep increasing so you'd have to say the protests have impacted.

I missed a call from my GP clinic yesterday morning, voicemail telling me a GP I hadn't seen for 12 months wanted me to make an appointment to discuss blood test results. I haven't had bloods done on months, so thinking WTF I called back a few times but couldn't get though. Called into the clinic on the way home from a Dan Murphy's run, another WTF, people everywhere outside and someone in full PPE calling names. Went over, not allowed in to talk to reception, call back Monday sounds like a mistake, they're full on doing vaccinations today.

Messaged my son yesterday, he's an essential worker and had been stalling getting vaccinated, likely due to his dickhead missus getting health advice from TicToc, he's not happy but was going in today for his first shot.

Personally I am so over this lockdown shit. I know others are doing it worse, I've been privileged to be able to stay employed and working where others haven't but it still just grinds you down.

Tomorrow, Monday, we take the lockdown record from Buenos Aires. Hopefully history repeats.

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 5:43 pm

nomadjack wrote:
eddiesmith wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
roar wrote:
I hope - probably in vain - that our politicians realise this thing isn't going away any time soon, and we need some thinking of longer term solutions.

Dan had his chance when he said he would build 4,000 ICU beds in April 2000.

Amazing how now it's "I never said that"

Bit late now to implement long term solution. Can't lock up people for a further 18 months because you dropped the ball (lied) in April 2020.

Actually it was Mikakos IIRC when she was health minister, but yeah, Dan seems to have a terrible memory and zero accountability

Dan made the announcement of 1.3 billion for new beds and nurses and released the details via the Premiers office media release promising the 4,000 new beds. Jenny specifically said 4,000 new beds in the press conference which Dan was also at.

Now Dan denies anyone ever promised it, so I’d like to know what they spent that 1.3 billion on instead?

Good article from Paul Sakkal below if you want to know where the money went. Suggests we've tripled capacity from pre-covid with surge capacity for 4000 beds although this will only be possible if we change care delivery model as in NSW. Interesting the Georgie Crozier is quoted in the article questioning whether such an investment is necessary.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.theage.com.au/national/victoria/as-world-watched-new-york-and-milan-victoria-tripled-icu-capacity-to-avoid-covid-nightmare-20210717-p58akm.html

More recent article partly written by Sakkal below which talks about Andrews 'walking back' from earlier commitment. Sounds a bit more nuanced than denying the initial promise or lying, but hey, we don't all do nuance, so whatever floats your boat.

https://www.theage.com.au/national/victoria/feared-case-surge-in-victorian-hospitals-would-demand-icu-overhaul-20210920-p58t8n.html

From the second article (BTW, no apology required, I was just questioning if you'd missed the links. All good)

Quote:
The forecast came as Premier Daniel Andrews walked back a pledge to establish 4000 extra ICU beds in the state, saying a scenario where thousands of beds were required at the Melbourne Convention and Exhibition Centre was “not what success looks like”.

That is my problem with Andrews. The arrogance, the hubris.

Guess what Dan, the current situation isn't what success looks like.

Creating 4000 new ICU beds with appropriate staffing to sit there waiting to be used would be an abject waste of resources, I agree with that, even if we actually had the resources to staff them.

The surge capacity is what I hope they organised. Make a contingency plan that enables them to quickly and efficiently increase ICU capacity as required. It would involve all the logistics, location, equipment, staffing and it's not that hard to do. You create the plan so it's able to be implemented at any time without reliance on individuals.

If they haven't made this plan, with all the time they've had to do it, that would be a massive fail. I hope they have it, I doubt they do.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:09 pm

Then they wonder there are Protests with Liberal Propaganda Machine as Target Dan but not say how sh*t Scommo/Hunt/Glady have gone but Kiss there Ass instead

Not use it for Toliet Paper

https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/1444391745286856711

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:49 pm

What exactly is not accurate?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:12 pm

I see people constantly bitching about Murdoch media who don't read it.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:22 pm

The truth hurts in Danistan.

As for rising case numbers despite construction being shut down, well the figures this week that says the essential workers who still go to work every day is around 1 million people, so it's not like this mockdown is really limiting that much movement if 20% of adults are still free to travel freely all over town.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:25 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Then they wonder there are Protests with Liberal Propaganda Machine as Target Dan but not say how sh*t Scommo/Hunt/Glady have gone but Kiss there Ass instead

Not use it for Toliet Paper

https://twitter.com/theheraldsun/status/1444391745286856711

Truth hurts. Deal with it!

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:27 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Yep, led by former PM Karen Rudd.

Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:32 pm

stui magpie wrote:
The surge capacity is what I hope they organised. Make a contingency plan that enables them to quickly and efficiently increase ICU capacity as required. It would involve all the logistics, location, equipment, staffing and it's not that hard to do. You create the plan so it's able to be implemented at any time without reliance on individuals.

If they haven't made this plan, with all the time they've had to do it, that would be a massive fail. I hope they have it, I doubt they do.

A little birdy told me you posted this so just popped in to set the record straight.

You are wrong very wrong!

A massive amount of work has been done in the last 18 months or so especially around surge workforce and planning - for example:

This includes intensive education and upskilling of medical and in particular nursing staff to give them the skills to safely care for patients requiring intensive respiratory support including those intubated and ventilated. A qualified and experienced ICU nurse supervises at least 3 of these staff (depending on clinical acuity and need). This increases the workforce without comprising patient safety.

Appropriate clinical areas such as theatres and in particular recovery rooms have been reconfigured and equiped to enable patients requiring intensive care to be safely cared for as demand requires. Senior anaesthetic medical staff have undertaken additional training and education to be able to safely oversee the care of such patients. Unfortunately all bar Cat 1 and some Cat 2 surgery has had to be postponed to enable this.

Additional wards have been set up and commissioned at a rapid pace to ensure that all patients requiring inpatient care can get a bed - and yes it might take longer than desired due to ED presentations.

Huge dollars to purchase additional equipment such as Monty Ventilation hoods has been provided and Health services have greatly accepted this and done just that.

Nursing staff in advisory and predominantly non hands on clinical roles have undertaken refreshers and returned to working some shifts in general wards to free up staff who have been trained in preparation for caring for COVID patients who require more complex care.

Staff who don’t work full time have been invited (there has been no pressure applied) to increase their hours. I’m too old to return to bedside ICU now so have picked up a day doing contact tracing ( what fun and so easy apparently:roll:) - this frees up a nurse to return to bedside nursing. Oh and most of us doing this certainly aren’t doing it for the money it’s Grade 2 - we are all just pitching in to help each other!

Nursing, medical and paramedic students have been trained and competency assessed to undertake basic ADL care activities in non COVID environments and importantly to undertake many of the activities that RNs have been conducting in testing stations and Vax clinics. This allows RNs to return to bedside nursing - at our health service alone we had 30 return to wards last week.

Hospital in the Home programs have been revamped and provided significant resources to safely care for patients ( not just COVID) in their homes or Aged Care facility. A robust monitoring, triage and escalation of care process has been implemented to ensure patient safety.

All this has been done with Vic DoH guidance, support and in collaboration with Health Services.

Not sure what else people expect the Government and us to do quite frankly!

I know what we’d like - self entitled freedum muppets to follow the CHO directives and the very “special” amongst us to take off their tin foil hat and get fckn vaccinated!!

Bye - stay safe, stay well all

KenH Gemini

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:42 pm

Thanks Morrigu, you are appreciated!
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:37 pm

^^^
Thanks Morrigu. Good to hear actual facts on what's happening. Take care of yourself.
nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:43 pm

Jezza wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

Yep, led by former PM Karen Rudd.

And former PM Malcolm Turnbull. And 500,000 people who signed the petition calling for a Royal Commission. And the majority of the nearly 5000 submissions made to the Senate's Inquiry into Media Diversity. You seriously don't see any problems with the way the Murdoch media operates in this country and around the world?
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Oct 04, 2021 7:13 am

Thanks Morrigu, very happy to be wrong, great to see the Health Services gearing up and preparing.

The criticisms I have aren't of the people in the front lines busting a foofer valve, it's of the muppets pretending to run it.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 91, 92, 93 ... 197, 198, 199  Next
Page 92 of 199   

Jump to: