Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

courtza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:11 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Seriously guys, after 96 pages why does anyone waste their time.

Everyone has an opinion which was stated in the first 10 pages or so which was all good, since then its just been cut and paste
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:27 am

^ Because the slanders and outright trolling against one of our greatest players and our present coach should not go unanswered on a Collingwood Board, Courtza.

I don't think you can claim to love Collingwood while relentlessly and brainlessly trashing the great Nathan Buckley. Buckley has about the same standing in my eyes as Bobby Rose, as an outright Collingwood champion who deserves our basic support and benefit of the doubt until he has had every reasonable chance.

There are clearly some very legitimate criticisms and concerns, and that's fair enough - that's what this thread should be for. But the "supporters" who love to see every failure so that they can infest this thread and others like it with poison should be tackled.

All that said, I agree it is getting old, and the agendas - true and false - of those who've posted here is plain by now.

courtza 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:44 pm

Fair enough Mugwump, I agree with you, I find it hard to understand how someone could so passionately hate a guy who is a legend of the club you support, disagree and question decisions etc. but hate like he killed your mum surely says mental problem.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 8:49 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Krakouer magic wrote:

" ..... Hawks weren't trying too hard. Dogs just did what they knew they had to, to win.... GWS were too tired from training loads.... Weagles will have increased training loads this week".... Those nothing wins against Geel, WCE GWS.

Laughed off stage, sorry. Condemned by serial bizarreness. Don't know what your real motivation is, but it doesn't look like supporting Collingwood.

Oh dear
Bring out that golden oldie..."you aren't really a collingwood supporter"!
Yawn

I would say side-by-side, but I am not sure the coach believes in that....more like commodity-by-commodity or asset-by-asset.
Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:26 pm

The other thing about the last 2 mins. Howe was our loose back. Was caught in the pack the Hawks formed at about 40m out was not either forward or behind them. After we conceded the goal and then the lead he still stayed loose back and was not deployed to the coalface so we could try and in the game. It seemed a strange tactic.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:34 pm

Johnno75 wrote:
The other thing about the last 2 mins. Howe was our loose back. Was caught in the pack the Hawks formed at about 40m out was not either forward or behind them. After we conceded the goal and then the lead he still stayed loose back and was not deployed to the coalface so we could try and in the game. It seemed a strange tactic.

I suspect it was just a screw-up. They'd have rehearsed such a scenario, I guess, but the loose back was just too high. It may be a coaching failure, or an execution failure in the heat of the moment. It all happened so fast that I doubt the coaches' message would have even made it out there, so it was probably an execution issue. That's what you have on-field leaders for. Still, if we had won that centre clearance, or one of ours had ripped it out rather than Burgoyne, or someone had been two metres close to Fitzpatrick , probably no-one would have ever noticed. We all (self included) put too much emphasis on isolated moments.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:37 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

I suspect it was just a screw-up. They'd have rehearsed such a scenario, I guess, but the loose back was just too high. It may be a coaching failure, or an execution failure in the heat of the moment. It all happened so fast that I doubt the coaches' message would have even made it out there, so it was probably an execution issue. That's what you have on-field leaders for. Still, if we had won that centre clearance, or one of ours had ripped it out rather than Burgoyne, or someone had been two metres close to Fitzpatrick , probably no-one would have ever noticed. We all (self included) put too much emphasis on isolated moments.

Hawks knew exactly what to do.

Johnno75 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 9:41 pm

The other thing Bruest has been tearing us a new one for the last 5 years yet we continue to let him get goal side too many times, these are rookie errors. He didn't hurt us as much on the scoreboard this time because he missed a few shots but we don't seem to learn from past mistakes.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:05 pm

thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

It's the if bucks and maybes answer... The game is all about taking your opportunities in isolated moments.

Especially when the game is there to be won. We get a goal up with 2:23 to go. Hawks had previously kicked 3 consecutive goals in the 4th qrt in short amount of time. I was expecting at least our wing men to flood the backline and our HFF's to push up onto the wing. Nothing of the sort happened.

There was 50 seconds between treloars goal and the centre bounce. Pendlebury is waving at the bench from the centre square. I assume to say no more substitutions.

I think clearly there was enough time for a directive to go out "flood back". It didn't happen we lost again. Make all the excuses you want, a good coach either drills the players what to do in those situations or gets the message to the bench to wave out to the players and scream "flood back". Now we still may have lost the game but it would have made it a hell of a lot harder for the Hawks to score so easily.

The low risk option, the right option, was to flood back in numbers. It didn't happen because of our coach.

It's this lack of attention to detail that has been missing from our club since Malthouse left. It keeps happening over and over again. You can't keep saying it's just bad luck or the players will learn to execute better. The message is just not getting through.

Last edited by Krakouer Magic on Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:25 pm

Yes, it is.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 10:27 pm

The bigger question is.......can we get to 100 pages?
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:29 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Krakouer magic wrote:

" ..... Hawks weren't trying too hard. Dogs just did what they knew they had to, to win.... GWS were too tired from training loads.... Weagles will have increased training loads this week".... Those nothing wins against Geel, WCE GWS.

Laughed off stage, sorry. Condemned by serial bizarreness. Don't know what your real motivation is, but it doesn't look like supporting Collingwood.

Only thing laughed off stage this year is our club. 9-13. So speaking the truth now is just condemned as "Serial bizarreness" hahaha I can assure you I am a life time supporter and long time member. My real motivation is to rid our club of mediocre coaching. What I have seen in the last 5 years has been nothing short of amateur hour in comparison to the previous coach.

The fact I still remain a paid up legends member should be enough to suggest my loyalty for this club remains unchanged. But I'll be damned if I'll shut my mouth when I know we ain't got the best coach, or even a top 10 coach, at our club and have other lollipopers sprout illogical drivel about how great a coach Buckley is.
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2016 11:39 pm

nomadjack wrote:
Krakouer Magic wrote:
nomadjack wrote:
Sorry, but that's way too simplistic a comparison. You have no idea what set up Bucks asked for or how close the players went to executing it. The final two minutes was most likely more about Clarko having 18 premiership players on the park with way more experience.

And how many premierships had Fitzpatrick won? No pies players in the goal square at all or deep in defence? Why'd we not send 10 players into defensive 50 after the treloar goal? Why'd our premiership players in Goldsack and Brown not take the initiative to be loose deep in defence? Come on man. Clarko gives a message to the players they listen. Bucks gives a message and the players don't listen. You saw Bucks going nuts after the Fitzpatrick goal. Clearly a direction was given and not followed. When it happens a few times you question the players. When it happens for 5 years I think you can question whether the coach can get the message across

And how many times does it happen with inexperienced sides across a year? It happens every bloody week. Ffs, what, you've coached at u12 level and watch a few replays and reckon you know more about coaching than the +1000 games in the box? If that's not delusions of grandeur I don't know what is. I'm sure Bucks and the rest of the coaching group are far from perfect but you're kidding yourself if you think you've got half a clue what the intended set up was, what instructions were given, what was followed, what wasn't or why. A few replays and some backwards mapping and you reckon you've got it all down pat...bollocks

Haha a few replays. Whateves. Like I said you had premiership players in Goldsack and brown as well as and experienced player like Howe down back. That's more than enough on field leadership to talk and execute what the coaches wanted.

The real issue is why in such a high scoring game didn't the wingmen also push back to defence. Hell, why wouldn't go with a 12 man defence. It's just poor strategy at the end of the day.

If you can't except that our set up after the treloar goal was poor then your kidding youself and willing to make any excuse for Buckley's game day tactics
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 1:45 am

thompsoc wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Johnno75 wrote:

Funny, they didn't when we kicked four unanswered goals in ten minutes.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:25 am

Krakouer Magic wrote:
Mugwump wrote:
Krakouer magic wrote:

Only thing laughed off stage this year is our club. 9-13. So speaking the truth now is just condemned as "Serial bizarreness" hahaha I can assure you I am a life time supporter and long time member. My real motivation is to rid our club of mediocre coaching. What I have seen in the last 5 years has been nothing short of amateur hour in comparison to the previous coach.

The fact I still remain a paid up legends member should be enough to suggest my loyalty for this club remains unchanged. But I'll be damned if I'll shut my mouth when I know we ain't got the best coach, or even a top 10 coach, at our club and have other lollipopers sprout illogical drivel about how great a coach Buckley is.

As someone said, this argument is getting old.

I don't really see how you can love the club while you continually belittle our successes and victories because you hate the coach so much, but love is a curious thing. Whatever our respective feelings about the coach, I accept that you are a legends member (as am I - just passed my 20 continuous years despite living abroad for most of that) and you want the best for Collingwood, just as I do. Let's hope that we have lots of opportunities to sing the song next year and that success comes, under Buckley in 2017 or someone else in 2018.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 95, 96, 97 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 96 of 110   

Jump to: