Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley Debate - Back Bucks or Sack Bucks?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley: what should the club do with him?
Sack him now and pay him out
18%
 18%  [ 28 ]
Sack him at season's end and pay him out
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to sack)
14%
 14%  [ 22 ]
Wait and see until season's end, then review (inclined to keep)
17%
 17%  [ 26 ]
Keep him until mid-season 2017, then reassess
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Keep him until end of 2017, then reassess
17%
 17%  [ 27 ]
Back him for as long as it takes! All We Can Be with NCB!
9%
 9%  [ 15 ]
Other (please outline in the thread)
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 151

Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

thompsoc wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:
thompsoc wrote:
AnthonyC wrote:
Oh, just one more thing...

So I also checked the 'centre bounce before'. I encourage you, the 26:00 min mark, 2:50 left on the clock.

So let's see the setup, wow it's completely.... the same.

Not sure what I make of that, I mean it seems (not accusing you just want to be clear on that), that you're making it all up.

At the 2-50 mark they had 2 men behind their ruck and at the 2 minute mark they had 3 men behind their ruckman.
Didn't seem to be the same to me.

No. With 2:50 left on the clock in the LAST quarter, there are 3 hawthorn players on the defensive side at the bounce. I stand by my last comment.

I'll leave the discussion now, I know you are now making it up.

I stand by my comments completely.

Think you are owed an apology. But you won't get one here. If you don't kiss the ass of The coach you get vilified, called an idiot, questioned whether you even support the club, told you have delusions of grandeur, your intellect and knowledge of the game is derided because all Collingwood coaches are diety's and all knowing and never get it wrong, you get called "bizarro", a keyboard warrior and yadda yadda yadda...

Yet you say the same types of things back to the lollipopers and they scream "play the ball not the man". It's absurd. Your allowed to say what you want so long as you kiss the ass of a 9-13 coach who clearly stuffed the season with his structures and set ups in the first 7 rounds. Set ups and structures that no other clubs were going with. What an amateur move. It's like we have a key board warrior who coached a few under 12 games as head coach.

Anyways, 2:50 the set up for HFC is 2 defensive 1 offensive side. 2:23 it's 3 defensive side with Rioli given direction to go nuts. 2:04 it's back to the 2:50 set up.

Good work on your tape reviewing skills Thompsoc! It ain't hard is it mate? Even for us dunces hiding behind a computer screen. After all reviewing tape is what all the best coaches do whether they're in the AFL, NRL or NFL or whatever.

Clarko's playing chess while Nathan's playing checkers...the tape don't lie... Yet let the lollipopers convince you they have a hunch it's all magically gonna turn around in 2017. Premiership certs mate
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 12:33 pm

Thanks KM
What was interesting at the 2.23 bounce was how Rioli and Burgoyne went screaming forward.
Burgoyne got in front of his tagger in Crisp and just attacked the ball.
The other interesting thing about that play was my mate Blair came wandering in like a grazing sheep and slowly went to the contest and not look towards the outside Hawk player who kicked the goal.
I know Hawks practice this close situation repeatedly.
They have publicly stated this.

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:14 pm

Ok so there is some confusion here, at least on my part!

I'm big enough to admit if I have something incorrect, but I believe we are not referring to the same thing.

You state the 2:50 setup and the 2:00 setup were different, they are not.

I was looking at the 2:00 min to go centre bounce as you originally stated. I then looked at the 2:50 bounce (the one before the 2:23 when they equalised) and believe this to be the same. That's what I was looking at originally and the one I thought we were analysing.

Indeed yes the 2:23 setup is different.

thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:18 pm

fair enough
I didn't quite get the time right

Last edited by thompsoc on Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Krakouer Magic 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
courtza wrote:
Fair enough Mugwump, I agree with you, I find it hard to understand how someone could so passionately hate a guy who is a legend of the club you support, disagree and question decisions etc. but hate like he killed your mum surely says mental problem.

THATS what I don't get, by all means express an opinion one way or the other on Bucks, but the hate and bile directed at him on here by the same old culprits is quite disturbing at times. They wont let up until hes gone, even if he took us into the Finals next season, they will still bang on and on with their insults, suelled on by a certain poster who tries to take some kind of middle ground with warped attempts at snide humourm,but actually delights in the sledging Bucks gets, no names, figure it out. Confused

Hate and bile? Snide humour? I wonder who your talking about?

Regardless of who you mean, I don't think I go at him any harder publicly than he goes at his own players, like Cloke Moore or DeGoey, in the media. I make no apologise for being upfront in saying I want him gone. I called it after the swans loss in 2015. Said we would waste 2016 if we kept him on. And guess what happened? A 9-13 season.

I don't hate the guy, he was my favourite player as a kid, after Daicos, Barwick, BT and Pert. I just don't think he is up for the job. He may be a good coach. But he ain't a great coach. Collingwood should have great coaches. I try to stick to criticisms based on what I see on the field in comparison to other teams and what he says in the press.

The fact I dig my heels in and refuse to budge is not hateful or bile. And any snide attempts at humour are mainly a reaction to the hate, bike and snide comments I've copped from posters like yourself on this site when I give a different perspective on where I think our team is at. As long as people on here continue to express his virtues as a coach based on nothing but a hunch then I'll continue to point to the last 5 years and in particular the last 3 as evidence as to why I believe the exact opposite.

I'd at least have some respect for lollipopers if they actually said "well you know in hindsight, he did coach poorly at the start of the year. He's set ups were kind of weird and out of sync with the rest of the league. Losses to St K, Melbourne and Carlton did kind of ruin our chance to get in the 8"... But you guys don't say it. You aren't balanced at all. You hang on to a round 23 loss like its the elixir to our problems. I don't see it.

If he turns it around and makes the finals next year I'll be the first to say that he is coaching better or he is getting the team to the mimimum standard required of a good coach. However, i'll critique him even if we make the 8. If I think we underachieved and missed the top 4 cause of his structures or set up or failures to flood back in the last 2 minutes of a game I'll say it.

I'll give you an example. 2006. On face value coached pretty well overall during the season to get to 5th you would think. Pretty ordinary when it mattered in the elimination final vs Dogs. Yet the next year Malthouse proved his worth by getting a team with Chris Bryan to with in kick of winning a prelim. That's an example of a coach getting his team to over achieve.
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 2:20 pm

Good post KM
I agree with the line that Bux maybe a good coach but he is not a great coach....yet.
This is KM 's point and mine.
He is not over achieving and I reckon he is under achieving to be honest.
Next year he may take a good look in the mirror and do better.
Personally I would get a new coach.
But so long as he is there he has some hope of turning the ship around.
But I doubt it.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 3:49 pm

I can't believe that after nearly a hundred pages we are still getting the same drivel from the Suckley creationists!!

How in the name of ALL that is holy can these people defend FIVE solid years of ever worse failure? How can they possibly suggest that a guy who took double minor premiers out of finals altogether in just 3 years, and who continues dragging us down?
There is no way to imply or insert any ambiguity of any kind into the mans record! There has never been a clearer, easier to analyze record in football history, how can anyone possibly try to read the numbers any way other than 'WORSE', for each year?! The three coaches before him had mixed results, some years better, others not so great, but no coach has ever gone: Worse, worse, worse, worse, worse for Five straight years!!!
What's just as idiotic is that they continue to insist that 5 straight years of debilitating injuries is somehow "Bad Luck"!!!
Bad luck?!?! 5 straight years?

And the supercoach has already written off 2017!!!!

When asked about the possibility of picking up Boomer Harvey for a season or two, Buckley didn't hesitate, saying it might be a good idea for a side in the frame for a possible flag, but wouldn't work for us,
No shit! He said that! His Fair Dinkum planning involves a tilt at the silverware starting about 2019!

I absolutely guarantee, promise, bet, and know, that a half decent new coach will have this side TOP FOUR in 2017! Yes! That's right! TOP 4!

No one seems to understand how good this list is! Of course the shitty conditions the AFL imposes on us, the insane injury lists, and the bloody abysmal coaching we have endured, serves to hide this fairly well, but a real look at all our games shows that our season has been about injuries, bungling in the box on Game day, and insipid performances against sides we should flog. How many times did 1 opposition player go nuts against us, having a day out? Each time we did nothing! We were unable to change the situation. Weak third quarters, last quarter fadeouts, and 'kicking ourselves out of games" cost us the season,
WHO is paid a frigging MILLION bucks to fix these things? To get the players up, to motivate them, to give them confidence? To "ring the changes", when someone is getting on top of us? WHOSE job is this?
Pendles is paid something like this to be our captain and be among our best players. If he went through the season averaging 10 posessions and doing nothing to motivate & inspire, he wouldn't last ONE year, forget 5!

Any idea that this year was better is ridiculous. In 2015 we won 10 at 106%, this year 9 at 95%. We kicked fewer goals than 2015, and had 24 more goals kicked against us, we were worse in every way, with a BETTER list. Who should we hand responsibility for these things to?
Obviously,

its Jarryd Blair, right?

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:06 pm

One last thing: Look at the wins & losses. There's no way anyone can say we weren't competitive with the best; we had great wins against several of them, and under-a-goal losses to a couple more. No! It was the sides we expected to beat, and beat easily which cost us a spot in the 8. Last year we had huge wins against StKilda, Melbourne, Carlton. this year we managed 4 losses to those clubs - ALL WITH NEW COACHES!
Sides with a decent list and a new coach, tend to go UP! Ask Footscray, GWS, Melbourne, StKilda, Carlton, Adelaide.
Sides with a decent list and an old coach STAGNATE, ask North, Port, Freo, Richmond. Sides with a very good list and a PROVEN coach...
Well, have a look at spots 1, 2, & 3

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:06 pm

35forever wrote:
I can't believe that after nearly a hundred pages we are still getting the same drivel from the Suckley creationists!!

How in the name of ALL that is holy can these people defend FIVE solid years of ever worse failure? How can they possibly suggest that a guy who took double minor premiers out of finals altogether in just 3 years, and who continues dragging us down?
There is no way to imply or insert any ambiguity of any kind into the mans record! There has never been a clearer, easier to analyze record in football history, how can anyone possibly try to read the numbers any way other than 'WORSE', for each year?! The three coaches before him had mixed results, some years better, others not so great, but no coach has ever gone: Worse, worse, worse, worse, worse for Five straight years!!!
What's just as idiotic is that they continue to insist that 5 straight years of debilitating injuries is somehow "Bad Luck"!!!
Bad luck?!?! 5 straight years?

And the supercoach has already written off 2017!!!!

When asked about the possibility of picking up Boomer Harvey for a season or two, Buckley didn't hesitate, saying it might be a good idea for a side in the frame for a possible flag, but wouldn't work for us,
No shit! He said that! His Fair Dinkum planning involves a tilt at the silverware starting about 2019!

I absolutely guarantee, promise, bet, and know, that a half decent new coach will have this side TOP FOUR in 2017! Yes! That's right! TOP 4!

No one seems to understand how good this list is! Of course the shitty conditions the AFL imposes on us, the insane injury lists, and the bloody abysmal coaching we have endured, serves to hide this fairly well, but a real look at all our games shows that our season has been about injuries, bungling in the box on Game day, and insipid performances against sides we should flog. How many times did 1 opposition player go nuts against us, having a day out? Each time we did nothing! We were unable to change the situation. Weak third quarters, last quarter fadeouts, and 'kicking ourselves out of games" cost us the season,
WHO is paid a frigging MILLION bucks to fix these things? To get the players up, to motivate them, to give them confidence? To "ring the changes", when someone is getting on top of us? WHOSE job is this?
Pendles is paid something like this to be our captain and be among our best players. If he went through the season averaging 10 posessions and doing nothing to motivate & inspire, he wouldn't last ONE year, forget 5!

Any idea that this year was better is ridiculous. In 2015 we won 10 at 106%, this year 9 at 95%. We kicked fewer goals than 2015, and had 24 more goals kicked against us, we were worse in every way, with a BETTER list. Who should we hand responsibility for these things to?
Obviously,

its Jarryd Blair, right?

oh but massive and never ending ongoing injuries, long term, not just this season but last three seasons, plus a bunch of kids thrown in early due to those injuries, has zilch to do with it, i get it ?? !! Not even Mchale or barasssi or that angry little ant Clarko could have us in the Finals, not with the unending injuries we have had this season. Dunno how many times we have to get this across, last week we had eight key players out v the hawks, but still nearly won. But go on with your Bucks hatred, you and your ilk are becoming more irrational by the day. Im outa this vile thread again, fed up with the likes of bile and hate against a Pies legend, and im putting you on ignore, fed up with your never ending pissing and moaning about a coach who has had a dreadful season with injuries and a unsettled side. Farewell losers.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:07 pm

And if that's not bad enough, it seems the collective egos of Eddie, Pert, Balme, Hine and Allan are now conspiring to sabotage our on-field re birth. Not happy Jan.
35forever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:13 pm

OH MY GOD!!!!!

Who the HELL do you blame for those injuries PnC???????
Are you telling me you believe that for FIVE STRAIGHT YEARS, starting exactly when Suckley started, we've just had "Bad Luck" with injuries!?!?

FFS! IT's NEVER happened! Not in footy, and as far as I can find, Not in ANY sport!!!

You KNOW buckleys ethos, his beliefs on training, etc etc. HOW do you fail to see it MIGHT have something to do with it???

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
35forever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:33 pm

I just figured out why, for the first time in my 50 years Collingwood is NOT the Vic side with the biggest membership.
25,000 of us have died of sheer bloody frustration at the pig-headed bloody idiocy that has kept us out of the race, when the answer to our woes is so obviously staring us RIGHT IN THE FACE!!!
Every year we do nothing is costing us, and these bloody lunatics want more of the same! 2017 will se more injuries and no finals, making the job that much harder for Buckley's replacement, watch & see, and at the end I'll be right here as I was in 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016, and I'll get the same bloody response.

Right, stuff this, I'm off to have my coronary now. It's like talking to a wall.

PS: Don't put Dekka in your list of selfish pricks who need to be sacked, he's done his job brilliantly as usual. HE is the only reason we aren't challenging for the spoon, and the whole reason why a good coach could get us right back in it next year.

-me, 2010
Visit My Website!
thompsoc 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 4:40 pm

If we stuff up next year.
Realistically it is a lost decade for us.

Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:15 pm

Mugwump wrote:
^ Because the slanders and outright trolling against one of our greatest players and our present coach should not go unanswered on a Collingwood Board, Courtza.

I don't think you can claim to love Collingwood while relentlessly and brainlessly trashing the great Nathan Buckley. Buckley has about the same standing in my eyes as Bobby Rose, as an outright Collingwood champion who deserves our basic support and benefit of the doubt until he has had every reasonable chance.

There are clearly some very legitimate criticisms and concerns, and that's fair enough - that's what this thread should be for. But the "supporters" who love to see every failure so that they can infest this thread and others like it with poison should be tackled.

All that said, I agree it is getting old, and the agendas - true and false - of those who've posted here is plain by now.

Didn't we sack Bobby?

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2016 6:34 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Almost there....

As it was written, so let it be done...

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 97, 98, 99 ... 108, 109, 110  Next
Page 98 of 110   

Jump to: