Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

What made me laugh today...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 1:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm studying editing, and I have no idea whether Nick's' is correct. Except for the fact that it should probably be Nick's's. Wink
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:29 pm

It's a compound f%^&-ing noun. Don't you people know anything about the language? Think about it - they are the posting rules for Nick's Bulletin Board, like the "Collingwood Theme Song" is the theme song for Collingwood. There is no need to problematise things that are quite straight-forward. Thus, they are "The Nick's [Bulletin Board] Posting Rules".
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:33 pm

I am just making conversation.
luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 4:39 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
It's a compound f%^&-ing noun. Don't you people know anything about the language? Think about it - they are the posting rules for Nick's Bulletin Board, like the "Collingwood Theme Song" is the theme song for Collingwood. There is no need to problematise things that are quite straight-forward. Thus, they are "The Nick's [Bulletin Board] Posting Rules".

Uh oh, I think someone's affected by the heat. Shocked Wink
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 5:55 pm

luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Y do u wear sunnies to bed?

Same reason I wear mokkos.

I case I need to get up and walk to the bottleshop to buy Jim Beam and cola and a packet of winnie blues. Durr.

Razz

I believe it's Derr Wink

Never thought I'd see this day ( Wink ) - I believe TP's right.. I think it's derrr. What a transformation there has been!

Stui - didn't you quit? You were heading towards being my good example. Shocked Guess I'd better find a better role model

My dear, if you were using me as a role model then you definitely need to stay off the water.

Granted there was a tad of poetic license in my post, I don't usually drink Jim Beam and Cola for breakfast. A Bloody Mary is preferable for breakfast with a Crown Royal with dry ginger for Brunch.

But yeah, I'm back on the coffin nails. A week in Vegas, I caught the habit again.

At least that'as the only thing that came back with me. Wink

David Libra

PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2015 10:46 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:

Ah, but what if you want to use the possessive? You have Bigfooty's posting rules, Nick's Bulletin Board's design, but what if you just want to talk about Nick's/Nick's'/Nick's's denizens? Then you're screwed. Smile

It shouldn't make sense just to say "do something different". We should have rules for everything!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:22 am

stui magpie wrote:
luvdids wrote:
think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
think positive wrote:
Y do u wear sunnies to bed?

Same reason I wear mokkos.

I case I need to get up and walk to the bottleshop to buy Jim Beam and cola and a packet of winnie blues. Durr.

Razz

I believe it's Derr Wink

Never thought I'd see this day ( Wink ) - I believe TP's right.. I think it's derrr. What a transformation there has been!

Stui - didn't you quit? You were heading towards being my good example. Shocked Guess I'd better find a better role model

My dear, if you were using me as a role model then you definitely need to stay off the water.

Granted there was a tad of poetic license in my post, I don't usually drink Jim Beam and Cola for breakfast. A Bloody Mary is preferable for breakfast with a Crown Royal with dry ginger for Brunch.

But yeah, I'm back on the coffin nails. A week in Vegas, I caught the habit again.

At least that'as the only thing that came back with me. Wink

Gees Stui

You never learn
"What happens in Vegas..........."!

Ditch em!

luvdids Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2015 9:04 am

This tickled my fancy. What a great analogy! Laughing Laughing

http://www.9news.com.au/entertainment/2015/10/17/06/34/russell-brand-mocks-pm-malcolm-turnbull-during-australian-visit
David Libra

PostPosted: Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:24 pm

This article. The Guardian slips into self-parody very easily these days.

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2015/oct/19/why-i-wont-date-another-male-feminist

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 7:57 am

http://www.sbs.com.au/comedy/article/2015/10/20/david-jones-risk-losing-racist-idiot-market?cid=trending

"Retailer David Jones has expressed concern that the appointment of Adam Goodes as brand ambassador could cause it to lose the valuable market of racist idiots it doesnt want associated with its brand in the first place.

The appointment of the legendary Sydney Swans player has led to backlash online from people who claim they are furious that David Jones would employ Adam Goodes and that the former player has obstinately refused to stop being indigenous since retirement.

Sources within David Jones claim that while they listen to customer concerns they are prepared to stand behind Adam Goodes.

Obviously its something were monitoring closely, they said, but if the end result of this is that racists refuse to shop at David Jones - well, that seems pretty good to me. That seems like the kind of thing we could put on a poster.

Its pretty compelling. Not only will you look good in our summer line - its a pretty good indicator that you arent a white supremacist and thats the best look of all.

This will define our entire campaign for the rest of the year. Come shop at David Jones. Look professional. Look stylish. Look like a grownup that is capable of treating other human beings with dignity and respect.

However Goodes detractors have insisted that their opposition to the campaign is not racially motivated.

Its not racist, said one antagoniser. We were booing him on the field because of some reason - I cant remember what it was we confected, it was a pretty paper thin like - but anyway we meant it. Now were following him and hounding him for the rest of his life because we uh we didnt like his style of play I guess?

I mean, if our position is that we dont like how he would stage for free kicks I guess we must be concerned he will be awarded a free kick as part of his contract with David Jones? Im not really sure what were saying here.

I just need to find some way to not acknowledge the deep-rooted racism inherent in my actions. Im clutching at straws here. Help me out!

Adam Goodes was not approached for comment as he should not be obliged to answer to every idiot who howls on Facebook because theyre scared of people who arent like them and who dont live to appease them"

and yes, David Jones signature colors are

black and white!!

clever marketing, there is just no hope we can

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0MK7qz13bU

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Unions

The last Election they went all out campaigning on the back of promises made by Daniel Andrews only for him to back away from them and stab them all in the back

All I can do is sit back and laugh at the fact they actually believed the slimy little prick, bad luck guys! Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:00 pm

^

Duck and cover. Fallout in 3...2.....1........

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:26 pm

It's ok, Stui - eddiesmith was actually posting about "onions" but the spell-check was a little over zealous.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:34 pm

stui magpie wrote:
^

Duck and cover. Fallout in 3...2.....1........

Does working in HR give you automatic membership of the HR Nichols society? Razz Wink

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 22, 2015 9:35 pm

Not many people express themselves that way.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 98, 99, 100 ... 198, 199, 200  Next
Page 99 of 200   

Jump to: