Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match v power-less, comments here thanx!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 5:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I will be annoyed if we let a dud like Treadrea kick goals. Tarrant is better than Treadrea ever has been or ever will be.

Brisbane are in a different league to Port Adelaide especially when you take out Primus, Francou and Cornes.

jlc

hotpies 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 6:27 pm

what we must do is get a a few goals on the scoreboard early, no points, but goals. we must have leon and shaw on in the first few minutes of the first quater to provide with some quick kicks into running forwards quickly. rocca must have a good game for us to week on friday night, we have to have other forwards running on leads for our wings and half forwards to kick to more. we must make sure that the 2nd quater is as savage as the first cause Port play very good footy in the 2nd, and sometimes the pies let it down a bit and wait for the 3rd to come back. This is going to one of our hardest games of the year, if we win this, all the boys confidence with rise and we will see more efficent disposals e.t.c
if we want a crack at the flag this year, we must be able to topple sides like Port Adelaide, no by 6,7, or 8 points, it must be around 2 or 3 goals, and we must control the whole game, none of this "come back" shit, that is not 4 quaters of footy which senoir players should play.
i hope the pies win by 100 points but i'm realistically picking them for 15 Very Happy
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:04 pm

It's all about pressure, and we know we can turn it on.

Port have become more physical this year, so I figure we hit them as hard as they try to hit us. They tend to lose it when the game is not going their way.

So the key will be to play out the 4 quarters. No going to sleep for the last 5 minutes of each.

We can look pretty ordinary when we're off the boil, but if we beat Port we'll grow another foot in height, and hardened up another layer of hide.

One small step, but a giant leap toward the big one.
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 9:19 pm

because this game is at night 7.40 adelaide time the way the weather has been here this week it will be dewey which will make it slippery.
the burgouynes and cockatoo collins wiil be the keys for port if we can play them tight and physically we can handle them.Tredrea's marking will be ineffective this week because of the slippery conditions this will give his opponent maybe walker a chance to spoil.if tredrea presents and makes a contest this will bring crumbers into play.Same goes for us maybe rocca can ruck most of the game rotating with josh and walker.I would start with fraser(if mckee not playing) as brogan is same sort of build and mobile as josh.Dids and leon need to be dangerous and taz to be his normal self.Hopefully molloy can create some fear into the port backmen something he hasnt done of late.As cam has mentioned when we have an opportunity to kick a goal we must nail it dont give port an inch.This game will be important around the clearances as it was against the crows ports pace could be a factor if they clear quickly.
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 10:43 pm

Ports pace & midfeild pressure will be too much for us to sustain all game. Also, I do think that Collingwood in their current form are not playing their very best football. Unfortunately my gut feeling says Port by 24 points. I so hope that I'm wrong..............

Lazza
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:13 pm

I so hope you're wrong too, Lazza Smile

I'm apprehensive about this game, but then again I'm apprehensive before pretty much every game. The more I think about it though, the better a chance I think we are: expect our players to be really psyched for this one, and Port are due for a loss. The pies go in with a lot of confidence, considering our record at AAMI and the way we match up so well against them. Stuart Dew always hurts us and out of all their injuries he's the one I'm most glad won't be there.

This will be a real test for the less experienced in the side. Someone like Rhyce Shaw might be a real barometer for us - he was terrific last week, but this will be a step up in class. Our so-called "bottom six" will really need to acquit themselves well if we're to win.

Some key match-ups: Tarrant vs Bishop; Fraser/Rocca vs Lade/Brogan; Stevens vs Licuria; Woewodin vs James; Presti vs Tredrea.

Despite the excellent key forwards on both sides, I think the game will be won and lost by the followers. Who gets the ball and delivers it best will win. I have a good feeling about Josh - he's been threatening to take a game apart of late and his time is coming. Perhaps this will be his night. And look for Alan Didak to break his form slump.

If we play intense, committed football and kick straight, we'll win this one - by three goals I reckon. God knows this site needs a few bleedin' optimists Very Happy

The Weed

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:14 pm

Huh. . . . Tell me more. . . . .
chalky 

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:15 pm

Take it easy Lazza, Ports' pace is a strength, no doubt, but that is why we kept Lokan/Shaw/Johnno. We have the leg speed with this particular side. But where we will win it will be in the stoppages - sheer, persistant physical pressure in-close. It will be port that will crumble first. This will then allow a clearer passage to goal. Lazza we have the midfield to go with and eventually wear down their group of runners. Woewoden/O'B will get specific roles allowing the other boys in the rotation to do their "thing".

One aspect that has been frustrating the past few weeks, has been failing to make the most of opportunities esp in front of goals.Against this mob we just have to nail everything. Cost us against WCE and we should have absolutely slaughtered StK (yeh, I'm a hard man) The point here is, that scoreboard pressure will shut the crowd up and greatly magnify the pressure already felt and accelerate the crumble.
MissMagpie_20 Capricorn

BUCKS SIMPLY THE BEST!

PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2003 11:45 pm

My god i seriously dont think i can handle another close one so i pray we win by alot Razz

Port have really been weakened with the big name players they have missing such as Primus, Dew, Francou and Cornes which is a huge plus for Collingwood, especially considering we will be strengthened with the likely return of Presti Very Happy

This game will be very spiteful i predict and a key element will be getting a score on the board early. We cant afford to give them the start we gave Adelaide and to be playing catch up football.

I think a major element in this game will be the mental edge that Collingwood over Port. The mere mention of our name appears to turn them to jelly and this will be a telling factor.

Hopefully Tazza will continue to fire and we will have a huge win but im predicting a Magpie victory by 10 points Very Happy

So when i'm lying in my bed, thoughts running through my head and i feel that love is dead...
IM LOVING BUCKLEY INSTEAD!
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
bokka Cancer

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 2:32 am

THis will be the big test of our current form and whether we hav improved in recent weeks Question
Aints game was a good win but it's hard to know how much it means given they were coming off subi short break and missing 2 hard to spell stars. To stop another 1st quarter disaster we have to apply intense tackling pressure from first bounce. If we do win we can be pretty confident of winning the subsequent 4 which will give us twice as many wins as losses, which is probably what you need to be sure of top four - so this game could really set up the season.
I think we'll win reasonably well by about 20 (points that is) and Josh may be one of the keys. bit concerned about McKee being left out, but as Stoka pointed out may be due to expected slippery conditions.
Will also be a big acid test of our younger contingent esp the speedsters as Weed pointed out.
Should be one of the best games of the season.
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 8:04 am

tessa403 wrote:

We made The Port Adelaide Football Club est1870 change their colors, theme song, most of all we made them remove the most loved symbol of their heritage the Magpie!

I thought the Port Adelaide Magpies are still around ???

http://collingwood.rules.it/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:07 am

Who will take the first cheap shot at Tarrant ?? Hardwick or Pickett ??

Place your bets Wink

jlc

Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:13 am

Shold be a great game, and I am really looking forward to it......just would like to see the boys go out and lay those ferocious tackles like they did inthe qualifiing final......that was an awesome game to watch, and how well they ran..I will never ever forget Francou on the wing in the last Qtr just standing there with his hands on his hips, juts refusing to run anymore, he had been run intot he ground by a rampaging Licca that night.....that is what needs to happen tonight, just run them all intot he ground.......BEST OF LUCK PIES!!!

Cheers

AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:14 am

Hopefully Taz will counter "being raped" by continuing his great efforts of long leading to space. I wonder if this is a conscious decision to get around this problem?
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2003 10:31 am

I think so anthony, he keeps them on the move constantly then they do not get a chance to scrag as much as they do, backline players hate to be moved around and if Tazz can keep it up then he will create space for himself when the ball comes forward...one thing that worries me a little about our forwards is id they mark it on the 50 mtr line they always look for a short option or play on......if it is tarrant or rocca then go for it, and if it is a smaller forward, i say go for it too and give our talls a chance to take a contested mark in the square......they just need to have more confidence and go for it......
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: