Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

THE NERVE OF PORT ADELAIDE

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chalky 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Port, swans, crows, freo, wce, lions - all making lots of noise while they have their no 1 supporter still in office. It is so pathetic the way Jackson has been crawling, sucking up to them (singing the stupid Docker song!), shoving their agendas down our throats. He has stated, quite catagorically, that he has some unfinished business to attend to before he retires : change MCG contract to appease interstate teams, block any salary cap concessions debate, promote and flaunt "outsiders" at the expense of struggling Vic clubs, humiliate and belittle teams that want to retain their tradition, all in the name of "progress", which is of course, merely another avenue to directly align himself against the powerful Vic clubs who can still wield some influence. Port, Lions, Swans are becoming more arrogant and absurd in their demands because they have an ally at the top. They don't want Darwin! they want arguement, debate, divisiveness. They want Vic clubs to fight over the inevitable carrot that Jackson will dangle in front of them.
Proto, of course they will lose money. Jackson will cover their expenses under the guise of some "progressive initiative fund". Collingwood or Essendon do the exact same thing and we would be acused of : profiteering, empire building, invading neutral markets or dismissed as a publicity stunt by a egomaniacal Eddie. Just my thoughts, maybe a little paranoid, do you think? shh, their listening lol
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:43 pm

Nice one joffa

http://collingwood.rules.it/

MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2003 10:48 pm

Quote:
Does Darwin have a ground there that could hold an AFL game?

Yeah it does, they just spent a whole packet on it to get it ready for the allstars v filth game earlier this year, I personaly didn't get to see the new surface b4 we left but it should be ok. the ground only holds about 15k tops and they'd go close to filling it if they played up there, footy mad town starved of AFL level football, about the only way port could get a sellout crowd!
The climate this time of year isn't to bad and night games would be ok as far as heat goes.
this is probably port trying to nigle Collingwood as we are spending time up there each year, I doubt if we would ever play a h&a game up there, the AFL couldn't afford to have its money making machine play some where that its top gate could only be 10,000 - 15,000 people.

Well said Joffa, these wannabee magppies are a bunch of neanderthal grogans.

ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 5:37 pm

absolute perfect surface up here and due to host the australia v bangladesh test match next month(im tipping a 2 day test, if we're lucky). carlton and the all stars couldnt shut up about how good the surface was and its actually got better since. perhaps darwin should grow the telstra dome grass for the afl. not sure of capacity - 15000 sounds about right and you can gaurantee they would pack it out every single match. obviously less than even small crowds in melbourne but the costs to have the ground operating for the match are significantly less than any other ground in australia. almost all are collingwood, port/crows or eagles fans up here with the large aboriginal population. they live for their footy as much as anyone.
Joe 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:02 pm

How can these clubs be taken seriously when they represent their states and yet they cant even fill their small stadiums.I spoke to a guy from WA today and he said"I went to the Coll V Melb game"and yes after seeing the MCG he said "Melbourne is the home of football".
Pity he only saw two thirds of the stadiun.
i said to him wait till we get Olymlpic Park buddy
GO PIES
doit4locks 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:31 pm

no collingwood, no afl
Joe 

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2003 9:39 pm

I second the motion.
GO PIES
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:47 pm

This one is for the sceptics like me Wink From the AFL website. Enjoy

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=newsarchive&spg=display&articleid=98796

Hard to take Port's Darwin bid seriously
Thursday 12 June 2003
Paul Gough
afl.com.au

Quote:

Just a week after South Australian premier Mike Rann railed against the “axis of arrogance in Victoria” over the Melbourne Cricket Club’s refusal to give up its right to a preliminary final – one of his state’s two AFL clubs has come up with a proposal which is arguably even more cheeky.

[Edited by bbmod3 (Joel) - Please link to Telstra/AFL sites]

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 1:55 pm

as long as they dont play brisbane in darwin.

they cant handle playing at TD so i dont think theyre gonna like playing on dust lol!
chalky 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 4:14 pm

Man, I knew this was a conspiracy Twisted Evil . Port is only this arrogant because they know they have AFL support, no matter how ludicrous their claims. Jackson now has an opportunity to sink the boots into the Vic clubs for not being progressive etc

When Demitriou gets in all this nonsense will stop. He seems to be straight down the line. eg comments re Dome surface and Brissy whinge.

Maybe I am parnoid, but that's what the voices say. lol Wink
ramjet21 Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 5:18 pm

CQ wrote:

they cant handle playing at TD so i dont think theyre gonna like playing on dust lol!

oi, quit with the darwin jabs. its only our roads and golf courses that are made of dust and dirt. Cool
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2003 6:36 pm

In Darwin the Lions will see what a hard ground looks like Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Northern Pie 

We are watching!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 10:16 am

Ok sorry to throw in a little controversy but I think it owuldn't be too bad of an idea.....Collingwood are the forerunners of the AFL with coming up with original ideas to promote themselves, so other clubs need to come up with something to keep themselves alive..I for one am glad that they have thought of something different instead of complaining about the fact they don't get to play on queens birthday or anzac day, I hate it when they ramble on with that crap...plus Darwin desrves footy up there, they are football mad and would certianly appreciate a little bit of footy as they currently get dicked with coverage every year....anyways that is my two cents....
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 2:07 pm

ramjet21 wrote:
CQ wrote:

oi, quit with the darwin jabs. its only our roads and golf courses that are made of dust and dirt. Cool

should also make brissy play in bare feet like the locals lol that wil get em whinging!
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2003 7:16 pm

St. Kilda will be fighting too much with Hawthorn down here to make a big "profit" unless thet decide to come South, and play a game at one of the local grounds down here. Although I'd rather see Collingwood move down to KGV, but I can dream Very Happy

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: