Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

State Of Origin!

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:36 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

magpie_1983 wrote:
u cant stop injurys inless u stop playing lol

So, what are you trying to say?
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 4:37 pm

yer u actually are right Joel, ive heard somthing like that b4 i wasnt thinking again lol
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:15 pm

I use to like the state of origin but what is the point now it use to appeal to me as it was the VFL v SANFL etc etc it doesnt appeal to me no more due to it being a national comp. These days there is way to much money involved for AFL clubs to lose players during those games and just how many players would want to play dont get me wrong im sure some do but to many times in the past players were all of a sudden unavailable to play. I'd rather see an allstars game or something with West v East with WA SA NT v Queensland NSW Tasie & Vic but to make then there who will play and will all players asked to play... play? Maybe to get an All Australian you have to play these games whether its an All Stars or State of Origin Game.

http://collingwood.rules.it/
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number 
Adz 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 5:37 pm

I don't want it to return. Imagine if Bucks went down with a knee and was out for the season!!
grims 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:36 pm

That's like saying "we don't want buckley to play all year because we want him to be fit for the finals". Injuries are gonna happen weither there is state of origin or not. Should be up to the players if they want to play or not.
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 6:44 pm

No way. Doesn't work like that, at all.

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 20, 2003 8:08 pm

Why is the injuries topic such a big deal? Buckley could get injured many other ways. He could be at training and he falls over and does his knee, boom he's gone. Take away training aswell? Well let's play the State of Origin at the end of the year, after the finals are done. And then no one can worry about it that much. But if an injury happens, it's a bad break, but it could happen to him at the supermarket, driving his car, walking down the street, training, having a shower. See what I am saying? Just becausae you are worried about injuries isn't a reason to scrap State of Origin football.

Quote:
I think you are saying that Buckley would play for S.A., that is incorrect. He last played for the All Stars team (the team made up from WA, NT, ACT, and QLD). Buckley is originally from NT if I'm not mistaken, and only spent a couple fo years at Port (correct me if I'm wrong).

You forgot Tasmania, and there were 2-3 Victorians also in the squad, Buckley I thought was born in SA and went to school in NT? And I also thought he played most of his games (pre-AFL) at Port Magpies before moving to Queensland, and playing aFL. I could be wrong, as i usually am/

The only way we can actually have State of Origin, is if, the AFL hold it after the Season has ended. Or kill the Pre-Season Cup matches and have a State of Origin Carnival. Instead of having teams of say Collingwood, Hawthorn, Essedon, etc. Have Tasmania, Victoria, SA, WA, Quensland, NSW. Playing in a Wizard Cup type of series, but in turn have the other players playing for their club in a Pre-Season series aswell.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Blanch Gemini

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 9:37 am

Bucks plays for the all stars, not SA.... and WA have their own team. 4 teams:
Vic
SA
WA
All Stars - last captained by bux.

All WA Magpies join the Western Magpies now:
http://www.westernmagpies.com
(At least go and sign the guestbook).
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2003 6:40 pm

And last coached by Damian Drum.... Rolling Eyes

STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 2:35 pm

state of origin is dead the pinnacle of afl football now is playing for your club it used to be great when the old vfl and sanfl comps would do battle for bragging rights.I cant see it coming back now that the afl is a national comp.Maybe they have to push more of the ireland games to get that origin feeling back.would'nt it be great if another country could play aussie rules as good as us then that would be the pinnacle for the all australian sellection than state of origin.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:25 pm

grims wrote:
That's like saying "we don't want buckley to play all year because we want him to be fit for the finals". Injuries are gonna happen weither there is state of origin or not. .

No, it's not like that at all. I don't want Bux or whoever to get injured in a game that isn't necessary. Home and Away games are neceassary, whereas SoO games are not.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 3:27 pm

Prototype wrote:
Why is the injuries topic such a big deal? Buckley could get injured many other ways. He could be at training and he falls over and does his knee, boom he's gone. Take away training aswell? Well let's play the State of Origin at the end of the year, after the finals are done. And then no one can worry about it that much. But if an injury happens, it's a bad break, but it could happen to him at the supermarket, driving his car, walking down the street, training, having a shower. See what I am saying? Just becausae you are worried about injuries isn't a reason to scrap State of Origin football.

I know what you are trying to say. However, those types of risks are every day risks and cannot be prevented. Playing football is a different type of risk, and can be prevented by not having SoO.
The Prototype Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 8:01 pm

They should have something like the leagues play either other (rather then the AFL) but when the VFL plays it would be rough on many other leagues due to there being many AFL players in the VFL. I guess no SOO seems to be a decent idea seeing as I doubt that any club would like their top stars playing. Some clubs weren't happy about their being a Pre-Season comp either.

afisher Sagittarius

Collingwood on the Great Wall near Simatai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 23, 2003 10:23 pm

I think they should re-introduce Interstate football . As much as I love the Pies , as a football follower, I also enjoy seeing the best out there, and to me this can only happen in State of origin. However they should bring in the rule (I think a rugby rule) that if you are unavailable due to injury , you cant play in the following club match, That way you should get the best out there.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2003 2:58 pm

SOO works up north because the big thing is to play for Australia, and SOO gets you there. In the AFL states, the big thing is the grand final and so SOO is irrelevent.
Another good thing about SOO up north is you get to see the best versus the best ... you dont get that in AFL as there are too many states. The most popular is VIC versus SA and that means no Buckley, no Voss, no Cousins, etc, etc. In what way is that best versus best?
The only way to get all the best players is to have an "All Star Game" ... unfortunately that wont work as there is no passion for an All Star Game.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: