Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match: The Mighty Pies vs The SCUM - All comments here

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AB35 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 11:35 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

A good win, nice percentage booster etc, but really the game was nothing to get to excited about.

At one stage I was hoping for Carlton to be given frees deep in the backline, cause I was sure they would turn it over to us.

Then when Kouta mistakenly kicked back our way, left me feeling.......well there's clearly a mismatch here.

And Sam Newman summed it up on MMM when he said "Carlton forced Collingwood to be disinterested" - line of the day that. I've never witnessed it before, but that's how it felt after the Kouta kick.

I think the Holland incident kept me interested in the second half. A really great effort by Brodie in the end.
^*Cl|T*^ 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 12:30 pm

Damn I wish Benny J had have slotted that shot on goal early in the first qtr. Dunno who posted the "Benny J - goal factor" last week as the indicator of us winning. Woulda bin appropriate to have the jacket out so early in such a game!

2nd half was disappointing. If we dish that standard of football up against the top 4 we will be found wanting! Then again if we gonna make such errors than there is no better time than when you are 10 goals up!
Kristin5 Taurus

Fiery Redhead

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 1:08 pm

That first quarter was AWESOME!!!!! Would've been nice to play like that all match, but how often can a team maintain that level of brilliance and intensity? Whilst I would've been happier if we'd won by 100+, I am still content with our 12 goal demolition job - certainly an improvement on Round 2.

As usual, Nath, Scotty Burns and Benny Johnson (yes, you did read correctly!) were consistent performers, assisted by Chrissy, Ant and Zoolander (the Brodester is an outstanding improver for this year, along with Rhyce Shaw).

And I liked the noise we made at half time, as the COLLINGWOOD (clap, clap, clap) chant reverberated around the MCG, and we farewelled the woeful Blues (in particular The Pimp, aka Camporeale) to some loud booing.

VictoryPark 

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:00 pm

Too funny....how bad must they be going when we were singing the theme song and "we're home, "we're home", "we're home" at the 15 minute mark of the first quarter.

In fact in M10 we were actually laughing in the first quarter.....it was a joke!

I said to one of the M10'ers.....hand me a TV guide.

DaicosMagic Scorpio

1970 Grand Final Boundary Umpire

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 2:31 pm

Has anyone ever heard a louder crowd as both teams returned after half time? Usually both teams return to minimal applause, but Carlton was booed and Collingwood was cheered as they both came out of the race for the 2nd half louder than any pre-game crowd welcome I have ever heard. I thought that would have fired us up for a demolition, but unfortunatle it was Richmond all over again.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 9:30 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
The opposition was just pathetic, I could not believe how bad they were, farcical, embarrassing, incompetent, etc, etc. (Thought I'd do a "Weed" and use the Thesaurus) is how I'd descibe it.

Jeez, Anthony, am I that bad? For the record I don't even own a thesaurus... there will be no match report from The Weed this week due to Channel Nine's pitiful TV coverage (five minutes of highlights from the first half, then the entire second half in all its hideousness).

If I see the Geelong game, I'll be back, and will try to stick to words of three syllables or less. Laughing

Weed

The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 28, 2003 10:15 pm

Good game by the pies, I am hoping no Collingwood players get reported, and/or suspended. I really didn't see any punches thrown by Collingwood players, but the T.V angle was pretty poor and you couldn't tell. Brodie Holland was good, very good game by him, also Woey, Bucks, Burns, and others. It sounded like Walker played okay, I am not sure if he did because I didn't see much of the gsme on the highlights. Heard the first half on the radio, and most of the second. sounds like many players had a good game, some had a bad one, couldn't name any though. Well done to the Pies, could of been a bigger win, but I was just happy we had won the game.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
MargOZ Taurus

PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2003 10:57 am

Although the result was as expected the second half didn’t have the quality football that we were treated to in the first half. I think it was partly due to the blues attempts to unsettle us with rough play (guess if they’ve got no talent they had to try something!!!) and they did bottle things up more which made part of the game look fairly scrappy. Even though the quality of the game went down a notch in the second half, the Pies still worked hard and put in a fantastic effort to keep playing the ball when they could have easily had their minds set on revenge.

Burnsy never seems to get the accolades he deserves (other than from us Pie fanatics who know better!) – he is a superstar of the game and his consistency is amazing. Brodie keeps showing improvement and just how dangerous he can be – great stuff to come back from injury and keep winning the ball. Woey worked really hard and got a lot of the ball, just a shame he didn’t sink a couple of goals to top off his day. Must admit that it was fantastic seeing him in there sticking up for his mates during the scuffle – he’s well and truly a Pie boy now! Bucks stellar form continued on and doesn’t it make a difference to the team when Rocca is firing. Tazza’s running and leading during a game (and not to mention his marking) is inspiring stuff and O’Bree has kept up his consistency. Walker tries hard but at times looks a little out of his league – will definitely be a player of the future but we’ll really need a fit Presti, Cloke and Clement for the finals.

All the boys put in at some stage during the game which was great to see as it’s the even team effort and the guys backing each other up that’s so exciting to see, especially at this time of the year.

Votes:
3 – Burns
2 – Holland
2 – Woewodin
1 – Buckley
1 – O’Bree
1 – Rocca
1 – Tarrant

Progressive:
39 – Buckley
35 – Tarrant
33 – Burns
26 – Molloy
25 – Licuria
25 – Rocca
24 – Woewodin
24 – O’Bree

GO PIES!
Marg
Woodsman 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 12:23 am

Good win considering the midfield rotations and lack of 3 key defenders for most of the match. Have you ever seen the Pies so bored when beating Carlton....?
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 9:00 pm

I guess it was just like going to training, but they got 4 points for it, this week will almost be the same. I really couldn't belive how bad Carlton were, until I watched the highlights of the game. I guess their supporters and probably the team gave it up after the first quarter when Collingwood just blew them away.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
Joe 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 30, 2003 10:03 pm

As the late great EJ Whitten would say "we stuck it right up em thats what we did."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: