Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies V Crows - Please post ALL comments here

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
STOKA35 Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 12:19 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

this game will be won in the midfield we might not win the hitouts but fraser and mckee must get possesions around the ground as clarke is only a tap ruckman.Fraser must push foward at evey opportunity and expose clarkes lack of marking ability.

Carey will play he is going to wear some volleyball knee pad.The crows play an attacking style of football so i dont think they will try and close our running game down like brisbane so that could be an advantage to us.It is time for a foward to kick a bag as the crows weakest area is there backline they are honest but they are attacking so we must hurt them on the scoreboard as brisbane done last week.

Memo to the crowd make some noise as i was at the wizz fizz gf and we were quiet as.

Adelaide's record after the Perth trip

RD 17. 2003 lost to freo then beat saints by 57 points at aami

Qual Final 2002 beat freo then lost to brisbane by 71 points at gabba

RD 14 2002 lost to west coast then lost to cwood by 22 points at AAMI

ELIM FINAL 2001 lost to Freo then lost to carlton by 68 pts at MCG

RD 5 2000 lost to west coast then lost to brisbane by 30 pts at Gabba

RD 12 1999 lost to freo then beat cwood by 5 pts at AAMI

RD 9 1999 lost to west coast then lost to richmond by 11 pts at AAMI
M@®© Virgo

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 7:28 am

Finally a team we have a great record against we have won our past 4 against them including 3 at AAMI this is no easy game but i do believe we have in our favour the fact the Crows played at Subi last week... If carey plays hopefully someone can stop him i dont rate him much but he does kick goals against us watching alot of footy i believe to stop carey u must play very close he cant mark the ball to well no more and alot of his goals have been 1-15 meters out very easy goasl to him..... We must win as the next week we travel to Sydney and i know im jumping ahead but they just lost to the Hawks then play Brissy this week at the Gabba so i assume a lost for them then next week they play host to the Pies they will be very pumped up to win as they may be coming off 2 losses we may be to we need to win this week and next week 4 sure otherwise we could end up 7th or 8th
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 2:00 pm

Who will get the job on Carey if he plays?
Rocca needs to play a big game this week he was badly down on form last week and needs to get some confidence going before the finals. Is Paul Licuria injured at the moment? I heard he may have a calf strain.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:08 pm

I think Wakelin will get first go.

Then Cloke if things are going bad

Or the ever reliable Jimmy Clement

jlc

peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 3:37 pm

Clement played on Carey in the Wizard Cup Grand Final and got beaten so Wakelin has to play on Carey and Cloke can help double team him. Johnson will probably play on Johncock, Shaw on Burns, Clement on Burton and Lokan or Licuria should get McLeod.
This game promises to be a cracker we have a great record against Adelaide and the boys know that a top 4 spot is on the line.
Pies to respond to the loss last week.
Pies by 11 points.
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:17 pm

What are the likely changes this week? Is Leon Davis ready to come back into the senior team? Should Didak be dropped?
A^D^S^O Gemini

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:43 pm

Mark Stevens is ready to come in for the crows if carey doesn't play
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 4:57 pm

Cloke tried to help in the Wizard Cup but on a few occassions he got found out and his direct opponent helped set up a few goals and kicked one himself i do believe.

jlc

Jonesy Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 5:05 pm

Didak shouldnt be dropped....even though hes not getting alot of the ball he is still the most dangerous small forward we have. Assuming we ever play him in the forward line that is??
peter_pies4ever 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 8:25 pm

Mick Malthouse has hinted that if Wayne Carey does play Jason Cloke will be given the job on him.
Athas 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2003 9:03 pm

we lacked heaps last week and looked shocking. absolutely shocking. you don't run out on to the ground and start playing footy after quarter time when MM goes nuts at you.
we were playing for retribution last week. it was a real chance for us to step up and be contenders.

MM said after the game he wasn't too concerned as the game wasn't a season definer and he'd prefer the players to be up for the games that really matter.
do we not play every week to win?

if we're a good team, we'll win. but i'm not so sure.....
Piepark 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 9:49 am
Post subject: pies vesrus crowsReply with quote

I am not all confident with this week. I Funny thing is I know we got the ability to beat this mob but I got so many questions about our hardness at the ball and the man. I am not gonna name the players but there are big question marks on them. Adelaide are really hard at the ball, to the point where I reckon if we give them any inch or a sniff of any sort they will smash us. I hope I am wrong, I know our boys are equal to them, but last week showed lots of holes for me. Haveing said that Channel 10 last night said MM was not going to make huge changes this week which concerns me even more.

If ever some players needed to step up it is this week. We are gonna meet this mob in the finals again and we need to send them a message that they will be hurting when they play us again !!!

Go Pies
Collingwood by 3 points.
Rocccaaaaa23 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:23 pm

The sooner we can forget last week's first quarter - the better. What many people have overlooken (especially the press here in Brisbane) is that we could have gotten a lot closer to then if we converted our opportunities in the third and final quarters.

What was lacking last week was hardness at the ball. This hardness has been a factor in our last 6 games. We MUST come out all guns blazing against the morons.

Changes for this week - I would bring in L Davis, Scotland (if fit), Rup and maybe Richo. Dropped McGough, McKee.

MM said after the weeks break this year that he has an indication of how we go in the games by the training sessions. If we train well we play well - If we don't then we are in trouble.

Does anyone know what the news from McHale Stadium this week on how the boy's have trained?
stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 1:39 pm

Rocccaaaaa23 I think a lot of people are also overlooking the fact that had Brisbane not been so far ahead for the majority of the game then they may have put in a bit MORE effort and buried us.
As it happened we never threatened on the scoreboard and they had it easy.

Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 2:32 pm
Post subject: Flu bug Strikes AdelaideReply with quote

I've heard that Stenglein, Begley and Ladhams have been struck down with the flu and have been ruled out of this week's game and are all unlikely to play.

The likely INS for Adelaide are likley to be: Bode, Schuback and Reilly.

<edit> I found an article on afl.com.au in relation to this;

Three Crows hit by flu
Thu 14 August, 2003
Alan Shiell
afl.com.au

http://afl.com.au/default.asp?pg=news&spg=display&articleid=112670

Quote:
Adelaide has three players – Tyson Stenglein, Chris Ladhams and James Begley – in doubt because of flu for Friday night’s blockbuster against Collingwood at Telstra Dome.

Click the link for more.

Last edited by Joel on Thu Aug 14, 2003 3:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: