Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pre Match - Pies v. Swans. All comments here please.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chris.p 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:06 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

i just went to ticketek in the city to buy world cup tickets and parking for my dad on sat night. there are only singles left for the game on sat night. with the compacity of 78,000 for afl games at stad aust they expect 75,000. my girlfriend who works at stad aust says that the stadium originally expected 60,000 and it has been revised. expect a huge crowd with a record crowd outside of melbourne. i cant wait to give it to the sydney cheer squad as i am acctually good friends with a few of them.
Goo Leo

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:11 pm

The ads on telly here are funny as hell.

You see the swans guys singing their club song in the rooms. Then it cuts to black and white solo mo footage of Bucks walking down the race at the start of last years GF, complete with "BOOM BOOM" music. Then back to Swannies having fun. Then the BOOM BOOM. etc etc. Finishes with writing up 'The Black and WEhite army is coming...'

Cracks me up.

maggie20ct Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:17 pm

yeah ive seen them they are great goo...im so exited im just hoping and praying its gonna be a good competitive game and not blown one way (unless its our way) Wink pray with me ppl!!
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 8:48 pm

Friends, Magpie Supporters, Countrymen, lend me your ears.

This saturday night will see the biggest game of football ever played, take place in Sydney. Its Collingwood Vs Sydney Swans. On the surface, it may just seem like 15v15, but its far from it.

Its the Whole population of Victoria + several thousand from NSW, vs the remainder of NSW. the hopes of two states are resting on this game.

Who will win? Will it be sydney, with their massive salary cap, and "dream team" side? Will it be Collingwood, the battlers of the AFL with one of the greatest full forwards ever?

Dont let anyone tell you that the Sydney Swans are just another team. They are far from it. Ladies and gentlemen, they are fakes. Their team is fake, their supporters are fake. They only support the team when they are winning. When the swans are winning, everyone follows them. When they are losing, no one wants to know them.

I want to see everyone out at Telstra Stadium on Saturday putting the s&^t on Sydney, and anyone who has anything to do with them. They are the great unwashed, these sydney supporters, and someone needs to tell them where to go.

Go you mighty magpies! Oh Magpies we love you

Mick

nitric 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 10:43 pm

Swannies were deadly accurate against Brisbane.

Our lads will need to sharpen up their goal kicking and make the most of all opportunities.

And just keep winning.
magpiefanatic 

Aged Pensioner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 18, 2003 11:49 pm

After all the ups and downs we have had this season, it all comes down to this. The season defining game. It is the same for Sydney, so the team that can handle the pressure best will come out on top. As we have had 4 finals games in the past 11 months, plus the many blockbusters we attract, I think we have the experience in these pressure cooker situations.

Just hope I am right, cos this is a big day and night for the SCSC.
Bones 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 12:30 am

Molly on Davis, lets tear him a new arsehole...
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 8:46 am

Swans hope for Magpie rivalry (Click on heading for full aritcle)
By Emma Quayle
August 19 2003

Quote:
Sydney is anticipating the creation of a Bledisloe Cup-style rivalry with Collingwood, as the Swans prepare for a record crowd at Telstra Stadium on Saturday night.

With tickets for the clash between the third and fourth-placed teams selling strongly yesterday, Sydney chairman Richard Colless hoped more than 60,000 people would see the game and said recent animosity between the clubs had left them "natural" foes.

From Realfooty.com
AnthonyC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 10:51 am

A little off topic I know. I completely admit that I have no idea on Colless' background, but come on please, he wants an Australia/New Zealand type rivalry for the Pies and the swans. It really shows he has no idea don't you think? What about a Pies/filth or bummers rivalry surely that would have been a more appropriate, not to mention obvious, analogy. Rolling Eyes
MagpieMad Leo

One in, All in!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:03 pm

"he wants an Australia/New Zealand type rivalry for the Pies and the swans."
lol thats Ok but I bags us being the Aussies!! and they can be the scumsucking nz'ers!!
fair dinkum and people wonder why sydney HAVE NEVER had a great deal of sucsess, where did they find this DH? lol and he's the boss! lmao I wish we had the salary cap consesions they do we'd be getting flags hand over fist. lol the AFL have done every thing they can to get sydney up but they still suck.

ConBigWig 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 2:52 pm

Big Game, Big Stadium and a Collingwood Big Win says ConBigWig.

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
Hiya-and-Higher 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 4:29 pm

The trouble with rivalries is that Collingwood has one with everyone!
That's quite a compliment.
All the other clubs build themselves up to play a big rivalry game against Collingwood, while to us its just another big game.
Maybe that will be our greatest strength in helping cement the new MM and Eddie dynasty...we never seem to play little games, and that should create a team that thrives on pressure.
Every team loses games...even the great Brisbane...what's important is do we have the right stuff...and since mid 2003 we have played some of the most exciting close-in football since last year's finals...we have grown another foot in height and girth and there's more to come ----> experience!
This will lead to professional consistency and hardness...brisbane and essendon and kangaroos have been successful *hard nut* teams...adelaide and port are working on it....we are starting to shed our puppy fat and the next step is to physically intimidate and wear the other sides down.
This sidney GF aspirations swan's song game can't come quick enough Smile
RAY 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:22 pm

Collingwood is the crowd puller of the AFL, with out us there is no blockbuster. Now this is something Eddie & Co have work on very bloody hard. We as passionate Pie supporters have a right to put the fear of God into any opposing team we play. Intimidation, slander, abuse & pure hatered towards the opposition is quite acceptable.

And the Collingwood Juganaught keeps jug jug jugging along. Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 5:34 pm

No doubt the Bulldogs and Kangaroos will cry foul if this is a permanant fixture.....lol

jlc

Magpie Andy Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:21 pm

GO PIES

WE WILL KICK THE SWANS

EY IM NEW 2 THIS (BEEN GOING 4 THE PIES FOR 11 YEARS IM 14) SO IF THIS MSG ISNT Professional PLZ MSG ME AND TELL ME HOW I IMPROVE IT Very Happy

GO ROCCA, We Are Ready For Da Finalz

We ArE BlAcK wE aRe WhItE wE aRe BlOoDy DyNaMiTe

Pies for 2004 primiership

Last edited by Magpie Andy on Tue Aug 19, 2003 7:36 pm; edited 2 times in total
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: