Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Wearing a Scum jumper but do we hate him?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003 11:42 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll boo him. Like all opposition teams players should be boo'd! He is wearing a Carlton jumper...The only thing worse could be that he is in a Briscum Shitzroy Jumper.

He wanted to leave the club so he could have more time on the ground...Therefore...BOO! LOL

David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:09 am

I don't know... I've never booed Paul Williams or Andrew Schauble, I've just put my head in my hands when they have blinders against Collingwood.
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 10:34 am

David from Canberra wrote:
I don't know... I've never booed Paul Williams or Andrew Schauble, I've just put my head in my hands when they have blinders against Collingwood.

Which is once in a Blue moon

*Rach_luvs_Lonie* Aries

*~LiL bItTa CoUnTrY..LiL bItA mJ~*

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:13 pm

Nah i wont boo him, i liked scoots, he was a top guy n ok so he dun play for us nemore but hes still really kool..hes a nice guy and hes a good player, so nah i wont be booing him...
Luv Rach!!xoxox

**Peter Andre is HAWT,I aM hAvIn HiS lUv ChIlD...wooot wooot....OoOoOoh MyStErIoUs GiRl** BaHaHa.......
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 12:16 pm

A brave choice for Scotland
By Emma Quayle
October 26, 2003

http://www.realfooty.theage.com.au/articles/2003/10/25/1066974368307.html

Quote:
"I wanted to go somewhere with a new coach and new players where I wasn't necessarily just going to be given a spot, but given an opportunity to be able prove myself and to hold a spot down."

A chat with Denis Pagan convinced him that such a chance awaited at Optus Oval; Scotland rustled up enough courage to tell coach Mick Malthouse that he wanted to (please) be let off the last year of his contract.

"I spoke to Mick and it was pretty hard. If you don't get the trade, then the club knows you're not too happy there," Scotland said. "But they were great. I had a great relationship with everyone at Collingwood and I'm a pretty honest bloke, I tell it how it is. They knew I would never hold anything back from them. I want to better myself and that wasn't going to happen for me at Collingwood."
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 6:25 pm

Had he been given the opportunities at Collingwood that he deserved, Scoots never would have left. He gave his best to the Club, but unfortunately it wasn't enough to secure a regular place in our team. I have no hard feelings towards him whatsoever and wish him all the very best wherever he goes. I won't be booing him, in fact I'll quietly be barracking for him under my breath just like I still do with Sav and Chipper (unless it's against us. Wink )
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 7:58 pm

To me Scotland is an idiot for leaving the club. I thought the reason most players played league footy was to win a Premiership and Scotland had a good chance at that. Instead he has gone to a cellar dwellar club probably for a quick buck. What will Scotland prove by getting kicks in a crap team ??

As for booing him hopefully i wont get the chance as i hope he gets cleaned up.

jlc

RitchieColeRocks Leo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:04 pm
Post subject: ....Reply with quote

JLC I think that you are wrong.
I think Scotto going to Carlton just shows his love for the game.
He was still getting paid good money to play at Collingwood, he was getting a game in the finals... he had it all.
But he wanted to be out there every week, he wanted to make something of his career and not be lost into the background...

It was about his career, and his love for the game...

Saying it was the money is just mean.

VictoryPark 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:29 pm

Personally I dont blame him for leaving.....he almost left the year before last but was talked into staying. Good luck to him I say. The guy persisted and continually presented himself and really should have played more games this year then he did.

Probably just got jack of wasting away down at Willy....however on the other hand I am not privy to what goes on inside the inner sanctum so maybe there were issues there.

As far as Im concerned he maintained a fair attitude in his stint with us and felt that his opportunities were better elsewhere whether at the filth or not.

Cant blame a guy for wanting to play regular senior footy.....

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 8:58 pm

I think you're being a bit harsh JLC.

In my opinion Scotland was a good player who deserved to play senior football and despite the fact that he asked to be traded for that same reason last year, he was still not given a go this season.

He just wants to play AFL football while he can - not languish at Willy.

He gave it a go, but for whatever reason, he wasn't given enough of a go.
I'm sure he would much rather be playing for us every week than Carlton.

Them's the brakes.

Good Luck to him, I wish him all the best.

molloymagic Aquarius

*Thanks 4 the great memorys Jarrod!**miss ya*

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003 9:21 pm

Go for it Scotland i say!!!!!!!!. I wish him all the best.

I always get happy for Sav Rocca,Paul Williams and Adkins when they play well these days!!!!!. or even when they get chosen in the teams Very Happy

Sure i may make noise when Scotland kicks a goal vs us.

*'94-03:10 Gr8 yrs*
*169 Games* *'02 V.C*
*2nd in '01 copeland
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 6:59 am

The guy played the second half of the season and in the finals campaign which included a Grand Final. You people make it sound as if he played the whole season down at Williamstown. Scotland probably wishes Tony Shaw stayed on as coach as when we were cellar dwellers he would have got his regular senior game. Now we have depth and there is strong competition for senior positions he has picked up his bat and ball and left the club.

jlc

swooper 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 9:49 am

Only idiots would boo Scoots IMO.

Leave him be, he has done nothing wrong by the club - only Nick Davis should be booed.
WKB 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 10:48 am

My theory is that although he left the club in a way that was different to say Davis I still don't hope he does well at the Scum.

He is in a bit of trouble because

1. He was at the greatest club in the world and WANTED to leave. He should be happy playing at Willy because history will show you in the Collingwood team photo for that year and that is an honour.

2. He agreed to leave and go to Carlton. Wrong decision.

I like the guy and the way he goes about his football and had he gone anywhere else I would have wished him the best but after seeing him in the paper in THAT jumper I find it hard to do. I definitely won't boo him or anything but geez I'm not hoping he plays well and does carlton any favours.
Though I do hope that the draft pick we got is a diamond in the rough.
Greg J Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003 11:22 am

But there is no guarantee that he will cement his spot in Carlton's 22. Presumably, Pagan has indicated he will be given first shot at cementing a spot, but it is not a certainty that he will.

Anyway, I like Scotland. That was some funny grand final diary that was attributed to him in the Hun.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: