Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Channel Nine, as usual ripping us all off...

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 7:50 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

what we are lucky for even getting to see the game? Get stuffed. We should get the whole thing. The footy show, the match, the whole bloody thing.

I can assure you that if the Anzac day match involved the Shitney Swans we would hear about it for a month.

<abusive text removed from this post-bbmods>
Dr Alf Andrews Pisces

Fitzroy Victoria Bowling Club

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 9:11 pm

Tarrant In the Pocket wrote:
what we are lucky for even getting to see the game? Get stuffed. We should get the whole thing. The footy show, the match, the whole bloody thing.

What is the "whole bloody thing"? The footy show? What do you want to watch shit like that for?

In Melbourne we got the match ... A 15-minute lead up that included the minute's silence and the Last Post ... same as you. Oh, and there was some sort of footy show on before it. Big deal. A bunch of dickheads talking shit. Lucky us.

And yes ... we're LUCKY ... and you're LUCKY.

I'm sick of people whingeing about TV coverage. I can remember when all you got were replays ... usually several hours after the match had been played. It was really hard not to know the score beforehand. There would always be some loudmouth who'd tell you the bloody score and ruin it for you.

Why can't people just be grateful for what they've got, instead of grizzling about what they haven't got?

See that glass over there? ... Have a good look at it ...

Is it half empty ... or half full?

You reckon it's bad now? Wait a few years. See how much AFL footy there'll be on free-to-air TV by the end of this decade. Then you'll realise just how LUCKY we've all been. Melbourne AND Sydney.

DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 10:53 pm

I know the coverage used to be bad alf, im not denying that. But heres how I see it...

I brought a digital box for my television, which means that I have free to air tv, the channels of abc, seven, nine, ten & sbs. Each of these channels has at least 3 different broadcasting channels. Channel nine has three, and ten has four.

In this day in age, why doesnt Channel nine or ten have on the football matches that they have the rights to in Melbourne? Friday night football is a prime example. In Sydney we wait until 1130, sometimes far later, to see the replay. This is due to the thugby league (and I know its a league town, ive lived here all my life).

What im saying is why cant nine and ten have matches they have rights to on their secondary channels? not many ppl have these boxes so they wouldn't exactally lose money. Or as another alternative, they should allow Fox Footy in the northern states to show the match on delay, the same time as it is shown in Melbourne.

Poor marks AFL, Nine, and Ten for not giving the afl supporter in sydney a far go.

Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:34 pm
Post subject: Tough LuckReply with quote

I couldn't give a stuff about interstate afl fans not getting telecasts. We invented this great game and the powers that be have done their best to take it away from aussie rules true home, Victoria. The more they (media) stuff the telecasts up and deny good coverage to interstate fans, the more chance the game will lose support interstate and eventually destroy those interstate clubs. And hopefully return to Victoria all over again. And I somehow reckon pigs will fly first.
DidakinthePocket 

FIGJAM

PostPosted: Sun Apr 25, 2004 11:41 pm

Hiss,

Go Jump mate. I hate Victorian supporters who think they are gods gift to AFL. Newsflash, you are not. You are just the same as me and all the other 'interstate' supporters.

I love how you can heap shit on interstate supporters, then i read your signature line...

Some people make me wonder...

labrooy 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:00 am
Post subject: Re: Tough LuckReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I couldn't give a stuff about interstate afl fans not getting telecasts. We invented this great game and the powers that be have done their best to take it away from aussie rules true home, Victoria. The more they (media) stuff the telecasts up and deny good coverage to interstate fans, the more chance the game will lose support interstate and eventually destroy those interstate clubs. And hopefully return to Victoria all over again. And I somehow reckon pigs will fly first.

I won't do the obvious and point out what an arrogant comment that is.

If the telecasts ceased to exist, as well as the interstate clubs, then you wouldn't have an AFL worth watching. The only reason it is as it is is money. Lots of that money is generated from TV revenue which comes from states other than Victoria.

So I suggest you pull your head out of the place where it is firmly stuck and take a good look. The view is much nicer out here.
hoggy Pisces

Bristle

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:16 am

Before anyone else says this our game is only on from 4-6 next week like last week's game....they are showing Geelong vs Adelaide.....
2 PIES IN CAIRNS Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 10:23 am
Post subject: Re: Tough LuckReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I couldn't give a stuff about interstate afl fans .

Maybe it's just a coincidence, but the feeling is mutual!
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 7:33 pm

If u dont like it get foxtel or just move hear if u love the pies that much, if u still wanna complain its just bad luck coz no1 else cares lol
raymond35 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:15 pm

magpie_1983 wrote:
If u dont like it get foxtel or just move hear if u love the pies that much, if u still wanna complain its just bad luck coz no1 else cares lol

Smile as was just pointed out, channel 9 dont allow foxtel to show the friggin friday night games!

some of the classic comments on this thread show how little people in melbourne know about what channel 9 does in other states. mister mcguire tells us to watch the sunday footy shows and sunday games, even though they arent even on in our states.

jackos TV rights deal remains the daddyo of all the collosal f### ups the afl has done over the years.

CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:28 pm

well too fkn bad for u interstaters then eh, afl isnt that popular up there (as opposed to crappy rugby) and the tv stations can show wateva they damn well please, ur lucky its on at all!
raymond35 

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:33 pm

CQ wrote:
well too fkn bad for u interstaters then eh, afl isnt that popular up there (as opposed to crappy rugby) and the tv stations can show wateva they damn well please, ur lucky its on at all!

yeah, thats right, nobody attends games at the gabba and SCG do they.
(now THATS sarcasm!)

zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:49 pm

look why do i care coz i actually go to the matches so i wouldnt no and i dont give a stuff if its on or not, im even going this week give the credit card a belting. And of course all u whinges live ina rugby state so if u dont like it bad luck sit down and shut up and stop complainin
zoia Virgo

didak's number 1 fan

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:52 pm

look im a big rugby fan lol you dont see me complaining we dont get to see any of that here so stop your whinging im more hard done by least u get too watch afl i dont get to see nrl grrrrrrrr.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2004 9:53 pm

yeh we dont even get rugby games let alone LIVE ones, lol who are we tryin to kid, oh, the same ppl u are hahaha
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: