Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Family day/night dissapointment

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:00 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Clemo wrote:
I went there too and enjoyed it. Even managed to get right infront of the stage and took heaps of photos and avi.

Also went to see them train and was really impressed - especially with their last drill. Sort lof like handball footy were if that hit 1 flexi-post they got a score. Very competetive. I think thisis where C1 got hit in the throat and was a bit croakey during the interviews.

Thanks Clemo. Do you think you could give us as small report for Nicks Collingwood Page? Smile

Culprit, the crowd was solid, but I doubt it was as good as any of the Victoria Park days. It built up as the night went on though. Considering the time it was held, I suppose it was ok.
K- Man Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:01 am

Looked like about 6 to 8,000 to me Culprit. I was impressed by Richard Cole, he looked like he was actually really enjoying himself signing stuff for all the kids. Looked super fit too. Tex is also a top bloke!
Stormin 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:10 am

I was a little disapointed. Got a few pics of my step daughter with players & autographs for her, however I agree with the comments about lack of atmosphere.

Perhaps everyone was still in "Tennis mode"?

Would have been nice for more players to be "roaming" the crowd.

Rides were a little lackluster, but then again what more could they have fitted there?

I look forward to a change in venue next year.

Highlight of the night - Eddies face lighting up when Bucks signed his son's jumper.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:59 am
Post subject: Sick Of Family DaysReply with quote

I for one am not taking my kids to any more family days. Not enough stuff for the adults. Not enough beer flowing for me. Stuff the kids. How about more fair dinkum stuff for adults at Collingwood. We were never known as the 'family club' in our great past. Just a tough club where men knew they could get a beer and enjoy the company of adults. Now too many things have become yuppie house husband places where a new generation of weak men have to suffer whilst their once great traditions are turned into a fairy floss castle for the darling generation.

What next a bronze statue of the tooth fairy outside the club because it is nice for the kids?

Doc63 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 11:06 am
Post subject: Re: Sick Of Family DaysReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I for one am not taking my kids to any more family days. Not enough stuff for the adults. Not enough beer flowing for me. Stuff the kids. How about more fair dinkum stuff for adults at Collingwood. We were never known as the 'family club' in our great past. Just a tough club where men knew they could get a beer and enjoy the company of adults. Now too many things have become yuppie house husband places where a new generation of weak men have to suffer whilst their once great traditions are turned into a fairy floss castle for the darling generation.

What next a bronze statue of the tooth fairy outside the club because it is nice for the kids?

You know it makes sense. I'm Sam Kekovich.
Hurricane 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:00 pm

I was disappointed by that fact that i was stuck in traffic in Richmond for 45 minutes (thanx to Friday night peak hour) and didn't get to olympic until 6.30. Then to my dismay there was pass only parking available for olympic park and the tennis centre. After being stuck in traffic that long thats the last thing you want to hear, knowing it was finishing at 8.00. The olympic park parking guy told me to park at federation square. As if I was going to bother doing that.

I thought part of the reason for changing to Friday night was so that there would be plenty of parking available. Not only was I stuck in peak hour traffic there was also no parking. I planned to be there by 6.00 I got in at 7.00. What a waste of time.
Colin Alexander Leo

The great man and I

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 12:29 pm

Hiss wrote:

Ummm...its a family day!! The last time i checked, kids happen to be a part of what makes up a family. What did you want, tits behind the bar and a skulling comp or somethin?

stik35 Virgo

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:18 pm

Colin Alexander wrote:
Ummm...its a family day!! The last time i checked, kids happen to be a part of what makes up a family. What did you want, tits behind the bar and a skulling comp or somethin?

Well I took my husband along and that's pretty much what he was hoping. Laughing

I agree it's definitely one for the kids and it would have been good to have it at a footy oval as the arena was much too small and it got quite crowded on the floor.

The weather was good also which would have been great for outdoors but who knows? If it would have bucketed down we would probably have been thankful for the roof at Rod Laver.

I didn't have any problem parking although the Lexus Centre car park (E) was full so parked in D? which was opposite but I was lucky to get there by 5pm.

I too, finally did the Lexus tour with Cameron and saw the pool for the first time - it's bigger than I thought it would be. Eloise Southby-Halbish was swimming in it at the time.

I also met Clinton who will be working on our new website and he has been avidly following our suggestions, so if you have any more please add them to the list.

It was a good night with the priests there once again to bless the scarves and all the players in attendance.

I appreciate the effort that went into organising the event but I know there are some who were not happy with the venue.

I drove past the Richmond ground on the way home and they were still out on the oval there having a kick, maybe next year having it outdoors at our training ground could be an option?

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:34 pm

But Richmond also scheduled a practice match something our club probably didnt want. If we have it on the oval then they couldnt include a training run.

Im sure there were a few who liked to be able to see the boys train, have a kick on the oval and then head inside to RLA for the carnival and see the players

What would have been good was if the Oval at RLA was unused, they could have had a bigger carnival area on that ground whilst leaving the Lexus Oval for training.

Of course, it was the safest option in the case of rain
ConBigWig 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2005 9:47 pm

Hiss wrote:

You stupid little man

"Reality is an illusion caused by a lack of alcohol"
themilleys Libra

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:10 am

I thought there were some big positives during the night such as:

- Guy is will be back in two weeks
- Chad said his knees are at there best they have been
- Licca has completed his first full preseason in 5 years and looks super fit
- Woey has completed his first full preseason in 3 years and looks super fit too
- The attitudes of B Shaw and T Cloke. Both seem to know exactly where they are at and where they are heading
- The hunger all the players seem to have
crackers57 

Let sleeping dogs lie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 12:15 pm

Hiss wrote:

As I remember it was up to us dads to teach our kids about our great club and why they have to follow the traditions. It's a bit hard if they're at home.

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:56 pm

themilleys wrote:
- The attitudes of B Shaw and T Cloke. Both seem to know exactly where they are at and where they are heading

The great thing about Brayden is that he is single-minded, and a hard worker. He would have, I have no doubt, played 10 or so games last year had it not been for his lack of pace. That is his only worry at the moment. During the pre-season I thought he would be a shoe-in for round one. Sadly, he missed the Wizard Cup and is unlikely to play. He is one guy who has a red hot hot.

BTW - Has anyone noticed his new tattoo?
Clokey 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 5:45 pm

Hiss wrote:

Its family day not bogan day.

PS. hey johnson26 when do you think you will have the pics up?
Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2005 6:33 pm

Not sure mate, need to get them developed first.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: