Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Ryan Lonie was that his best game ever

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 8:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

DaVe86 wrote:
hope that comment comes back to bite you loki04....because you have to admit that he played well this round. If he goes on to have a good year, you'll retract that comment.

In all honesty I hope so , I grew up in a country league where he would of struggled to get a game (or end up in hospital) , one u/18 Final series we had our CHB end up with a broken jaw our wing men end up flown to Adelaide with a smashed eye socket who's eyeball was dangling out both from elbows from a dirty side (wasn't meant to play again).A classy HFF/onballer nocked out in the first then had his collar bone broken in the 3rd, and we won this game but lost the granny by 6 goals. So this is why I hate seeing 'AFL' players shirk the issue and even worse be dumb , if you let the opponent get the ball draw the tackle and give off to supporting players the field opens up and they hit targets in the f50 unopposed.

But yes he had 1 of 'his' Better games though people are overrating him.

Edit:Funnily enough one of the players went on to play AFL with the West Coast B.Staker and coincedently he was an outside reciever.
perthmagpie Aries

PostPosted: Mon Apr 10, 2006 11:53 pm

Ryan's last two weeks have been the most promising of his career. Why? Because he has got 10 more possessions in each than he normally does. I've been waiting for that for 5 years!
prowdy12 Cancer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 10:31 am
Post subject: 8 tacklesReply with quote

the reason i think it was his best game was he did 8 tackles thats amazing for lonie. the other two games were greatgames from him we know he can kick 1 or 2 gaols a game. but 8 tackles
favourites 2008 

The Machine

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:37 pm

Just another cogg we need up and running to challenge for the finals, maybe its finally a matter of actual performaces = potential talent.

http://magpies.net/nick/bb/fundraising.htm
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 5:45 pm

Fair enough loki...no one is disputing that he can be soft at times. But he has come a long way with his defensive skills. This is his year now. Malthouse is giving him freedom, giving him game time and he has at worst cemented his position for a few weeks now on the back of his last 2 performances. If he fails to continue this form, we will not keep him at collingwood...but im glad we have finally given him a bit of a chance to show us his class. Its been a long time coming that Ryan Lonie finally gets a chance to play on a wing and dominate the way we all know he can.

Remember that he has never played his true position ever in his career. Malthouse has been training him defensively and forced him to be an accountable defender...a role he is not suited to. It has really over-exaggerated his weaknesses because he is not comfortable with that sort of role. Now that he has been unleashed a little, he can find his niche in the team.

MK 

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 7:27 pm

Lonie....Every coach in the competition has a nightmare when Lonie grabs the ball on the run heading for the sticks....we all know that. Our own players appreciate that...bugger the..."he's not tough crap"...his skills are a rare commodity...and we have to stick with him...
loki04 Leo

Tiger Treloar lmfao NOPE.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:11 pm

I admit he has been alot better at getting the footy and I was having a bit of a drunken rant but I seriously cringe when he pulls up and out of contest's.
Jamie loves Collingwood Aries

2007 pies for premiers!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:33 am

I said at the start of the season that Ryan Lonie would have a really good year. I say All-Australian.
rand corp 

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 1:07 pm

I'll start cheering from the rafters when he strings a season together, one good game against the dawks does not a season make.
Robbo.D.yobbo 

The Toovinator

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 9:19 pm

LONIE=IMPRROVED
skaman Taurus

One step beyond.......

PostPosted: Wed Apr 12, 2006 10:23 pm

It may not have been his best, but it was an important return for him and us in terms of where he is at in his career.He brings into our team much needed skill with attacking damage and delivery. He is a vital cog in my book and when on song, brings other players into action. A bloody ripper game Lones, welcome return to form. Keep it up Ranger!
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 2:12 pm

agreed rand corp...he needs to string a season together....but i genuinely beleive he has been improving every match since the queens birthday game last year where he tagged Brad Green. Since then, i do not think he has had a "bad match"...but for the first time in a long time he dominated a match last week. Hopefully this steady improvement continues.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: