Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

You still owe us Taz

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

frankiboy wrote:
spoljar wrote:
I think Rocca should be copping a but more that Taz at the moment.

You're not from New Zealand are you? Smile

LOL, I have been taking spelling lessons from Dave the Man. Laughing This is what happens when you are trying to type and watch footy at the same time!
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:32 pm

Thought Tarrant worked hard last night and chased as hard as he could. Still took 8 marks showing his leading was ok. Was not a night for forwards. Tarrant worked harder than any tall on the ground
Yobbo^LuKa Libra

=[(World Champion)]=

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:16 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
Thought Tarrant worked hard last night and chased as hard as he could. Still took 8 marks showing his leading was ok. Was not a night for forwards. Tarrant worked harder than any tall on the ground

The media wouldnt want to actually tell the truth. Tarrant sells papers...LOL So cain him while you can I guess. Next season when he has had a big preseason and a bit of time off to think will they have all the good he does on the front page? I bloody doubt it.

He worked harder than most just didnt have the stats to prove it. I think people are a bit too caught up in scoring assists and crap like that these days.

Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:51 pm
Post subject: MM vindicated or not?Reply with quote

From today's AGE 6-08-06.....what's your decision?

COLLINGWOOD not only made the right decision in playing misbehaving pair Chris Tarrant and Ben Johnson but were more focused because of the controversy, senior Magpie Scott Burns said last night.
The Pies lost to Adelaide by four points, but not before Tarrant threatened to win the game for them in the dying moments of the match when he charged off the bench with the Crows leading by five points at AAMI Stadium and won a free kick. His kick, from 50 metres out, was punched over the line by a defender.
Burns said the controversy involving Tarrant and Johnson, who were fined $5000 each by the club after being out late last weekend, had been handled well by coach Mick Malthouse.
"I thought it jelled the players together," he said. "It's funny when you get a lot of people from the media and the public having their opinions on things, thinking that it may not be the best thing for the club. But when you're involved internally you could tell by Wednesday that we were all going to work pretty hard together. Every player wanted the boys to play tonight."
Burns praised Johnson's contribution, in particular. "Benny was really good. He's been good all year," he said.
"Everyone makes mistakes at times and I just think a lot of solutions that people have thrown up were band-aid solutions that don't actually get to the source of the problem."
Last night's loss meant Collingwood slipped to sixth, but Malthouse suggested they would gain confidence from having produced such a competitive performance on the Crows' home patch.
He did not believe that, had Tarrant kicked the winning goal, his decision to play the pair would have been vindicated.
"I don't find that at all. My decision was my decision solely … regardless of whether he did kick the goal or didn't kick the goal," Malthouse said.
"When you win games like that there is a tendency to smooth over a few things and when you lose it it's highlighted so at the end of the day you probably make more errors than the winning side and as a consequence you go back and hopefully correct those errors."

oops...this is a mistake, should be new topic. Embarassed

Robert Walls (not really) 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:06 pm

Forget Tarrant, he is no longer a match winner. Just a good ordinary player. He is no longer in the top 10 players at Collingwood.
Albow Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:10 pm

STOKA35 wrote:
was at the game last night, things i did notice about tarrant was that he leads to early. He makes his leads when our guys seem to be pushing of the mark or when the umpire has made a decision. By then he is to close to his team mate. But neither side had cohesion ito there foward line if either team played 15 minutes of football they could have blown the game right open. Rocca probably owes us as well.

I think you are incorrect in saying Tarrant leads to early, what happens is that for some reason our delivery into our forward line is to staggered. Every time we have a quick burst from the midfield the ball carrier decides to take that extra bounce which ruins the timed lead or they chip short outside the 50 metre arc because their kicks lack the penetration to get deep inside the 50 metre arc. Buckley, Johnson, Heath Shaw and Lonie are the only ones who seem to be able to spear a long accurate pass which is required to counter teams flooding back.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:13 pm

Tarrant is so up himself, he makes his own nose bleed.
Lone Ranger 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:14 pm

Cathalyst wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
You think after a few long sprints in the first 5 minutes of a game you cant be stuffed for a couple of minutes!?!?!?!?!?!?

An elite professional playing at the highest level... no i dont think he should be stuffed after 5 minutes

That is just a ridiculous comment. Do you think Asafa Powell could run another 100m after he just finishes one?
Any human being is stuffed and needs a minute or 2 to recover after a few sprints. No sportsman on the planet can sprint time and time again without a rest. Your anti Tarrant bias is clouding your judgement.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:17 pm

Thanks I will add it to my gossip files.
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:24 pm

Trade bait

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:27 pm

Tarrant has been in reverse gear for two years since Terry Daniher left. The space between his ears doesn't work anymore.
Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:30 pm

Lone Ranger wrote:
Cathalyst wrote:
Lone Ranger wrote:
You think after a few long sprints in the first 5 minutes of a game you cant be stuffed for a couple of minutes!?!?!?!?!?!?

An elite professional playing at the highest level... no i dont think he should be stuffed after 5 minutes

That is just a ridiculous comment. Do you think Asafa Powell could run another 100m after he just finishes one?
Any human being is stuffed and needs a minute or 2 to recover after a few sprints. No sportsman on the planet can sprint time and time again without a rest. Your anti Tarrant bias is clouding your judgement.

Yeah they really should have a wheel chair on standby after his first 5 minutes
Albow Pisces

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:40 pm

Let's leave it up to experts who watch every game live, have more statistics taken and see every training session. If Malthouse and the match selection committee are happy with Tarrant's effort than that should be enough said. Cathalyst and Robert Walls (not really) why not spend some of you energy supporting our team after a great effort against the Crows on their home turf, one where we had our chances but unfortunately we didn't quite get there. Crows had an average winning margin of 76 points at AAMI Stadium before Saturday night, and it showed we won't be just making up numbers in the finals.
Captain_MyCaptain Leo

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:45 pm

Albow wrote:
Let's leave it up to experts who watch every game live, have more statistics taken and see every training session. If Malthouse and the match selection committee are happy with Tarrant's effort than that should be enough said. Cathalyst and Robert Walls (not really) why not spend some of you energy supporting our team after a great effort against the Crows on their home turf, one where we had our chances but unfortunately we didn't quite get there. Crows had an average winning margin of 76 points at AAMI Stadium before Saturday night, and it showed we won't be just making up numbers in the finals.

Very good post. Stop the whining and bitchin. Move on.
Go Pies.

Cathalyst 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 4:47 pm

Albow wrote:

There's no doubt it was a great effort, but Buckley Burns and Clement are in bed by 10pm and therefore give themselves the best chance of recovery and peak match day fitness... so perhaps the difference in winning a close game like that comes down to 22 Crow players that didn't go out drinking at 4am versus only 20 Collingwood players that didn't
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: