Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

delistings

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
petro 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 13, 1999 4:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If you remeber when Denis Pagan started at North he decided to drop a few senior players. They wre just averge players, so you see good coaches, bight the bullet and get rid of those averge players. They then try to build the team on good players.

So lets forget about Crow and think about the young players coming through and how much brighter our future looks with them.

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 2:18 am

Apart from Monkey, I honestly can't believe that people are getting sentimental about some of the players that are facing the chop at the moment.

Monkey didn't even get a send off at the end of the season for God's sake.....I reckon that's tragic. He is a ten year, premiership player and deserved better.

When Browny and Bagger hang up the boots in the next few years I'll feel the same sadness. But as for the likes of Scott Crow - forget it! .....not in the same league.

------------------
Damien
Mick 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 3:17 am

Well done MM
See it didn't hurt that much did it!
Cut a few favourites - terrific stuff.
Sentiment over common sense has been Collingwood's problem for too long.

MM's strategy is clear.
If you aren't up to it you go.
Up to it means not being injury prone.
Up to it means playing consistent senior games.
Up to it means room left to improve and time to do it.
Up to it means other clubs would pick you up.
Up to it means capable of state footy.
He's put a premium on having a spot on the list.
You've got to earn it.
All the blokes delisted don't deserve a spot.

Agree with all the delistings - even sadly, Monky.
Wild - never will be up to it
Venables - a wasteful long shot - lets hope MM puts a stop to our annoying habit of using the last few picks on bloody athletes or scrubbers from the bush
McDonald- injury prone and had not improved
Monky - injury prone and lets face it some of his games this year were shockers but well done big fella on a good career!
Crow - couldn't make the grade in the bottom team - had enough years - never going to get better
King - the guys a weed - just too small to make this level.

Guys like Richo, Presti,Smith could easily have gone but have survived because of their height or the position they play. In short we've got no depth.
Guys like Willo, Watson, Sav are living off past glories. They have played good footy at the top level so MM will give them one more shot (they should all read about James Cook to see how quickly it can end).

The blokes we got from trades had shown a bit but more importantly are still young so if they are developed we'll have them for 10 years.(Ukovic, McKee, Kinnear)

Amanda 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 5:23 am

newelly, you're right, i am attached to crowy! lucky my boyfriend understands. so obviously i am a bit biased, but i watch him more than other people do when he's on the ground, so i can say that yeah, he didn't do much in the 1's this year, but you can't expect much when he only got put on the ground for a few minutes at a time... i mean, how to wreck a guy's confidence?? if he'd been able to stay out there for a whole game (or at least start on the ground at the first bounce!) you might have seen some better stuff from him.

Amanda 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 5:31 am

Lozza, not every player in the team can be a Nathan Buckley (although we all wish they could).. as long as players play consistently well, then you should keep them. Crowy's had a lot of trouble with injuries (not good) but when he's right to play he's a good player... and one bad year shouldn't mean you get rid of a good player... we have kept sav, willo, watson etc (and others) for how many years?? i'm not saying he was a great player, i always knew he'd only be a middle bracket player, but he was a CONSISTENT one. At his best he's in our top 10 players - believe it. I know Collingwood aren't the best lately but you don't get anywhere by getting rid of the better players like crowy and king.

Broadie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 14, 1999 1:17 pm

Amanda, forget it.

Crow had one consistent season (his first at Pieland) and has been in and out of Reserves ever since.

There is no way he is in our best 10: See other listings of people's teams for the 18 - 25 who would get a guernsey ahead of him.

Thanks for the couple of years, Crowy, and good luck in whatever you do.
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 1999 8:30 pm

You're a champ Amanda. Also the only other person that seems to share my view! Anyway I just hope Scott Crow and Clinton King come back and haunt us for these blemishes of NJ's.
petro 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 11:58 am

Just heard on channel Ten that we have also delisted Jamie Tape, Luke Godden, Frankie Raso and Brad Smith.

It was also said that Collingwood have delisted fourteen players, I am not sure if they mean that the fourteen players include the players that we have swaped or retired.

petro 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 12:06 pm

I just counted the players that have left Collingwood and I can only count twelve. Here is a list of players who have left Collingwood, if someone can add to it please do.

1=Monkhorst
2=Schauble
3=Tape
4=Smith
5=Walker
6=Wild
7=Venebles
8=McDonald
9=Crow
10=King
11=Godden
12=Raso

Wally 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 12:18 pm

Sorry Petro, you are right, only 12. I got 13 from Frances Mcdonald, what would she know??

foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 12:40 pm

i think the only surprise delisting there is godden. even though he didn't have flash skills he still defended hard, which is what we need. it's pretty obvious MM wants to rid the club completely of any mediocre players left by shawry. all the same, without smith we're pretty low on proper ruckmen - mckee and fraser will have to bear most of the burden, which richo chipping in. unless, of course, MM wants to play sav in the ruck, which would be an interesting move, because everyone always bloody talks about him being a 'potentially great ruckmen'.
paul 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 1:18 pm

The 13th and 14th are Patterson and Wasley.

Malthouse has stated he wants players with skill as well as pace.

Only joking! I hope nobody stated celebrating patto's departure or Foxy's collapse.

One rumour on radio today was that our first uncintracted pick will be used on Phil Matera.
If it comes to fruition it should mean the demise of Patterson.
foxy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 5:02 pm

bloody hell paul i nearly had a heart attack when i read that.
Mich@el Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Oct 16, 1999 8:02 pm

Same with me foxy, although I am also concerned about the lack of respect Patterson gets from you guys!
Neil Appleby 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 17, 1999 4:42 am

I don't get it.
We delist Wild AND Godden...OK neither would get games with anyone else so I see the logic
even if a bit brutal; but meanwhile Patto STILL avoids the undertaker!
How can this be?
Can anyone offer a suggestion as to why MM should be retaining Patto?
Have I had it wrong all these years?
Wasley and Lokyer must be getting a bit twitchy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: