Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mr Squiggle topic for Tess

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:13 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Steve wrote:
JLC wrote:
Like seriously get over yourself. Do you really think that people on here are so naive to not realise that every topic or post is designed to create an argument.

I appreciate the jobs that the mods do and yes it is a thankless task.

If i didnt know better i would say that you love the attention.

jlc

yet what is the point of the post other than to stir up shit?? don't pretend it wasn't, we all know it was, what's that say about you and your use of Nick's?

Tess the Mods are the care takers of Nick's, it is their responsibility to run and maintain the BB as they sit fit, not as you see fit, you don't have to agree with it but that is the way it is, Mike has entrusted them with it and that's enough for me, the bleetings of a small percentage of our users isn't going to see a wholesale changing of the guard, yes this all may seem big dramas to you but to the other 2000+ members couldn't care less about how you or any of that small percentage think this place should be run.

Well you got me there Sherlock - Can't slip anything by you.

I think you will find there are more than a minority who are a bit fed up of Tess and her theatrics. But if you want to view that as bleeting well thats your choice. However you will find that this is not the only Collingwood site where this has occured.

jlc

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 7:16 am

Tess wrote:
Steve wrote:
JLC wrote:
Like seriously get over yourself. Do you really think that people on here are so naive to not realise that every topic or post is designed to create an argument.

I appreciate the jobs that the mods do and yes it is a thankless task.

If i didnt know better i would say that you love the attention.

jlc

yet what is the point of the post other than to stir up shit?? don't pretend it wasn't, we all know it was, what's that say about you and your use of Nick's?

Tess the Mods are the care takers of Nick's, it is their responsibility to run and maintain the BB as they sit fit, not as you see fit, you don't have to agree with it but that is the way it is, Mike has entrusted them with it and that's enough for me, the bleetings of a small percentage of our users isn't going to see a wholesale changing of the guard, yes this all may seem big dramas to you but to the other 2000+ members couldn't care less about how you or any of that small percentage think this place should be run.

I'm sure Mike doesn't bother keeping a check on them and I am not singling out any member of the mods. I'm saying as a group we should look at having a B team to give them a break. After all they keep telling us how frigging hard and thankless the task is, if thats the case step aside and let others have a go. No NOT me, I would be to divisive. But theirs Jacqui and Luke even your good self if you change your mind about modding.

Steve you "agree" with me about JLC's post. If I posted something like that I would have a yellow card I am 100% positive about that. So whats the hold up with handing JLC a card? The answer to that is favoritism.

JLC you asked me to get over myself.... Why start a thread with my name in the title exclusive to me. Unless your another one who isn't getting much atm and thought because of who/what I am I must be a slut. Well news flash!!! Maybe when Hell Freezes Over.

Didn't you and your partner join the cheer squad because it guaranteed you Grand Final tickets and was the cheapest option to get a good seat? You did write that on FTO didn't you! You had no interest in taking part in being a cheer squad member, only the cheap seats.

We know what you are, we just need to know the price.

I am already a Legends member and at the time was also an AFL member so no real issues with a gf ticket but thanks for the concern. Was also a cheersquad member in the 90's so am in a good position to compare it then to how it is now.

jlc

Johnson#26 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 8:04 am

Quote:
But theirs Jacqui and Luke even your good self if you change your mind about modding.

I already am.
Banquo's Ghost Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 10:09 am

Tess wrote:

I'm sure Mike doesn't bother keeping a check on them and I am not singling out any member of the mods. I'm saying as a group we should look at having a B team to give them a break.

Maybe the apple has been stewed?

JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:03 am

Steve wrote:
Tess if there was a problem with the mods I would put my hand up to mod, the fact is there isn't any problem with them, I know you think there is but there isn't, they just haven't banned/carded who you think they should, it's not a new problem, 90% of the people who get bent out of shape around here have the same problem, from their narrow perspective the mods have favoritism because they haven't banned who they don't like and/or have a problem with. many don't understand the perspective and detachment it takes to moderate and think they know better and can do better. This mod team is here to stay, without them we would shut it down, so get used to it as your not going to change them, they are good honest hard working Collingwood fans.

JLC wrote:
Well you got me there Sherlock - Can't slip anything by you.

I think you will find there are more than a minority who are a bit fed up of Tess and her theatrics. But if you want to view that as bleeting well thats your choice. However you will find that this is not the only Collingwood site where this has occured.

more than a minority? don't confuse your click with the majority, I know many members here are sick of people baiting and attacking other members because of who they are.
as for other Collingwood sites, I could care less for what hapends on them, leave your baggage at the door.

to many people carry on like this is the skewl yard, it's not, I think it would suite everyone if we could all just ignore who we don't get on with and enjoy what we can from this place.

Yup sounds good to me

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 11:05 am

Tess wrote:
I'm sure Mike doesn't bother keeping a check on them and I am not singling out any member of the mods. I'm saying as a group we should look at having a B team to give them a break. After all they keep telling us how frigging hard and thankless the task is, if thats the case step aside and let others have a go. No NOT me, I would be to divisive. But theirs Jacqui and Luke even your good self if you change your mind about modding

As I pointed out in my first post in this thread, you didn't follow the protocol for reporting a post. The only reason the offending post is still on the air, so to speak, is because YOU posted it there. I gave you the option of deleting it but it's quite obvious from your subsequent actions you prefer it up there for all to see. I'll leave it to others to judge the prescience or otherwise of the post

Once the post was reported, action was taken fairly promptly (it was deleted). The poster was notified of the action and warned about it. Then again, don't let the facts get in the way here. You wanted cards, we didn't give em. Get over it. Then again, if we did give a card every time a poster 'requested it', there'd be quite a few regular posters who'd be looking for another board to play on. Would certainly have meant I this thread didn't exist

You really are clutching at straws dragging Mike into it. He hasn't been involved in the moderation of this board since the present moderators got the board restarted a couple of years ago.

B Team? Why? Because the 'A' team doesn't agree with you? None of the mods have complained about how hard etc it is in this thread. Problem here isn't the mods, it's you. You just don't get it.

What YOU need to understand is

1. If you have a problem witha post, report it, don't, like this, start a new thread to 'complain or demand certain actions by mods.

Quote:
Members are asked to not act as 'back seat moderators', either by calling other users to account for alleged infractions or continually pointing out infractions to moderators.. If members note an issue which they feel contravenes something in this policy document they are welcome to bring it to the attention of a member of the moderation team by clicking on the blue square in the upper right corner of the post in question.

2. Response is not instantaneoues.
Quote:
Please, only report posts if you consider the matter to be urgent or a moderation team member has not acted within 6 hours of a post or incident.

3. You may not agree with the response. Get over it.
Quote:
Moderators will endeavour to contact and explain their actions to a member whose post has been moderated, however, the moderation team has the right to edit or remove any post at any time with, or without, comment or explanation. The determination of what is construed as abuse, defamation, vulgarity, spam, etc. as noted in these points is the responsibility of moderation team members and not users.

Complaints about the behaviour of moderators should be made directly to the moderation team using the Bulletin Board email system

4. I've never claimed modding is a hard and thankless task, though others have. All I've ever said about it, and I've made the point several times in threads like this, though it seems I have not got the above points through by you.

If you'd prefer to keep this thread alive, go for it. I think I've put the point across pretty clearly. If you don't get it, or don't want to, that's your problem.
Joel Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:26 pm

Tess wrote:

I'm saying as a group we should look at having a B team to give them a break. .

Haha. That was actually tried when the the mods first took over from Mike. I think we had something like 27 mods on a rotating shift basis, ie. a week at a time. But, it didn't really work because it resulted in inconsistencies. The exact opposite of what you are asking for.

Edit: Thanks for pointing that out Jaqui! Embarassed

Last edited by Joel on Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 12:41 pm

IMO the mods are doing a great job. I may not agree with everything but i can respect what they do.

jlc

Dale61 

You can't have manslaughter without laughter.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 1:30 pm

I see that LD was deliberate in pointing out various rules, but the most important one, in regards to this thread at least, was conveniently left out:

Quote:
Members should post in a way that is respectful of other users. You are encouraged to voice your opinions, but please be considerate of others and treat them as you would like to be treated - plain and simple really. Posts that are abusive, hateful or intolerant of the differences of others will be removed or edited and the posters may be warned.

This is the very first rule on the list, so it's not like it could have been missed.

By allowing the 'favourites' to continue their disrespectful posting habits, and being given nothing more than a slap on the wrist, is enough to indicate that in some way, it is condoned by the mods.

If the mods were serious, this thread should have been removed long before it got to the end of page 1, but instead, it's been allowed to fester and end up in a shit fight.

The way most other boards I'm a member of are moderated leaves this one for dead. If a member starts a thread calling out another member, they are immediately banned for 3 months. No questions asked, no correspondence entered into.

If a thread has already been started, and a member starts a new one on the same subject, they are slapped with a No New Threads flag, meaning they cannot start a new thread, in any forum, for three months. However, they can still post in existing threads on the condition they stay on topic. Once their 3 months are up, they then PM the mods with the thread that got them in trouble, and explain that they got it wrong and have learnt from the mistake. Full posting privileges are then restored.

People here seem to think it is a right to post on Nick's. How many have read the rules recently? As with any board, it is a privilege to be allowed to express your opinion on an members board, and to retain that privilege, you have to abide by the rules you agreed to when you first signed up.
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:18 pm

With the greatest of respect my post does not fall into any of those categories.

What is wrong with Mr Squiggle ?

People only take offense at something if it is true ?

jlc

London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:28 pm

Dale61 wrote:
If the mods were serious, this thread should have been removed long before it got to the end of page 1, but instead, it's been allowed to fester and end up in a shit fight.

Let's get this very clear Dale. The ONLY reason this thread exists is because Tess didn't report the original post, she made her complaint public.

The mods didn't start this thread, she did.

The mods didn't repost the offending post for all to see, she did.

As soon as someone else reported the thread, I got email notification and dealt with it.

The ONLY reason it's still up here is because SHE still has chosen to leave it, and she's had days to request it's deletion. HER choice mate, and by her actions. it would seem she's quite happy to leave it up here.

The festering and shit fight, if that's what you call it, exists for ONE REASON only. Tess, by dint of her actions, prefers it that way. If she didn't, she'd have gone through the proper protocols and the thread wouldnt exist.

Requests to report posts has been pretty much explained to Tess previously via PM/email by several mods over sevral months, but you'd probably not appreciate that. It's just that when she doesn't agree with our actions, she prefers, it seems, to voice her disagreements publicly.

From my reading of this thread, I'd say Tess didn't agree with the actions of the mods, and has chosen this forum to express her disagreement. The option to delete it has been on Tess since Sunday nite (MON morning Aus time).

Thanks for your thoughts on the matter. they are, as ever, most welcome.
pica 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:31 pm

Did Mr Squiggle call his nose "Brian"?
JLC Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:40 pm

Sorry im not following ?

jlc

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 4:43 pm

Joel wrote:
Tess wrote:

I'm saying as a group we should look at having a B team to give them a break. .

Haha. That was actually tried when the the mods first took over from Mike. I think we had something like 27 mods on a rotating shit basis, ie. a week at a time. But, it didn't really work because it resulted in inconsistencies. The exact opposite of what you are asking for.

what are you trying to say Joel lol

pica 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:04 pm

JLC wrote:
Sorry im not following ?

jlc

You'll need to read page 2 of the Brendan Fevola thread in GD
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Feedback All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: