Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Saint Nick a Pie?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 9:47 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="Cannibal"]
spoljar wrote:
ps what's with the exclamation mark at the end of each sentence in your posts? Pure curiosity.

No bloody idea mate, just a really bad habit of mine that I really need to stop!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!oops
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:09 am

Internationalise the AFL!

The IAFL - International Australian Football League
And we play for the AIFL Tower!

First team can be the Siberian Saints.
Second can be the Kazakhstan Blues (#1 ticket holder - Borat)
Third can be the Alaskan Hawks
Fourth can be the Tibetan Kangaroos.
And fifth the Mongolian Demons (Very close to the snow fields. This will encourage their fans to relocate too)

But seriously St Kilda should fold and their players distributed through the draft. As retribution for the Greening attempted murder by a member of the Victoria Cuntstabulary, we should get the two Nicks and we should have a public stoning of O'Dea and Jeans at Victoria Park.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:35 am

It would be good if it happenned but I can't see how our salary cap will allow us to fit in Rewoldt as well as Cousins and Judd.
RayByrneForPOPE Aquarius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:38 am

Why the hell would we want Captain Kleenex? He's the same kind of player as Tarrant a leading chf that gets heaps of possesions but doesn't kick many goals, our forward line is functioning heaps better the way it is now. Id rather wait for Nathan Brown and Reid to develop before we got this overrated Sook.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 10:41 am

RudeBoy wrote:
It would be good if it happenned but I can't see how our salary cap will allow us to fit in Rewoldt as well as Cousins and Judd.

Aren't you forgetting Pavelich. He is out of contract so surely will be coming to Collingwood.

With Riewoldt, Dal Santo, Judd, Cousins & Pavelich in our line up next year, our bench is going to be pretty strong next year. Wink
35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:31 pm

Here we go again! It's usually later, but this year it's only Rd.11 and the bullshit is flowing thick and fast!

What's the bet no one from CFC will even talk to the managers of any of the above-named players. The idea is that we, here, on these boards start talking about such things, then the managers start crowing it about that 'Collingwood sources' are discussing the aquisition of the players.

Those 'Collingwood sources' being US!

Then the Brions and Essendon't management are free to pick up everybody while everyone at Collingwood is busy fighting off accusations about big mean Collingwood poaching everybody elses players.

Could someone do a Collingwood team sheet including all the players we've been linked to in the last few years. Fev, Gardi, Judd, Pav, Stevens, Riewoldt, etc.? It would be a mighty team!

The point is, we HAVE a mighty team. I remember the 1990 guys well, I knew a few of them being the same age. Apart from Daics and Pants, they were a team of workers. Guys who played for each other. No big egos, just a bunch of guys with complete respect for their teammates (just like the great Hawthorn sides).

"if we are looking at a premiership window of 2008-2012,"

We're not, Spoljar. Keep it to yourself, but we're looking at a premiership window of Sept 20-Sept 30 '07! These guys are the real thing. There's nothing soft about them. There is no one they can't beat. Even the so-called superstars, guys like are hard workers with leadership skills and a strong work ethic. Every week has been a challenge for some reason. And we keep coming up against the odds. Even better, NO ONE is picking us! They all have picked Geelong (on the strength of 3 good games!), WCE, and Adelaid-down as premiers, which is perfect! Adelaide can't kick ten goals, Geelong will fold like a card-table, then Mooney will get rubbed out for 4 and Ablett will get injured, while West Coast will most likely all be in jail!

Our 3 losses have been in games where we were in it for most of the match, and against teams we know we can beat. Meanwhile we've come from behind in the first 2 wins, won the impossible Anzac Day match, against a hot Essendon, overcome huge odds to beat an 'unbeatable' Adelaide at home, Accounted for Caaaarlton when they were looking tough, broke the unbreakable Brisbane hoodoo, and knocked off a confident Freo who thought they were going to get another 120 point win at quarter time! All achieved by working harder and wanting it more.

These new guys are going places: I've never seen anyone work as hard as Swannie, except maybe Harry O'Brien. Heater is on All-Australian pace, and Pendles is the best new player I've seen in twenty years. Meanwhile Travis, Neon, Daisy and Dids are becoming true champions, while the elders like Burnsy, Cheesy, Presti, and Pebbles are playing career best footy. We'll win the flag this year and be a much better team next year without buying anyone from anywhere. Let's worry about the guys we have...we don't need anyone else, no matter how good.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 12:41 pm

35forever wrote:

"if we are looking at a premiership window of 2008-2012,"

We're not, Spoljar. Keep it to yourself, but we're looking at a premiership window of Sept 20-Sept 30 '07! These guys are the real thing.

Yeah well at Round 10 2006, I was thinking the same thing! I am not falling into the same trap again of pumping myself up just to be let down again! I will be happy to eat my words if I am wrong.
Cuthbert Collingwood Aquarius

Once was on fire, now all at sea

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:12 pm

nice, 35forever, i like it
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:41 pm

the ru is on fire wrote:
nice, 35forever, i like it

Ditto.
pies417 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:50 pm

No to Reiwoldt: Tall marking forward who cant Kick Straight don't need anymore.

No to Cousins: 29 yo Drug Riddled F---wit (thanks jay and the DR)!!

No to Judd: Would command to much from us. Not willing to give up the resources required!

Pavlich: Would love to get him. If we didn't have to give up too much ie the price must be right (it can't be with Judd)
Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:59 pm

The price for Pavlich would be sky-high. Either that or the Freo management are totally stupid, which they are not. Two first rounders plus a top-up would be about right. He will stay at Freo, because even a Carlton wouldn't pay that much, and Freo would be nuts to let him go for less.
The Prototype Virgo

Paint my face with a good-for-nothin smile.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:03 pm

Pavlich would most likely go back to South Australia if he left Freo, at least that was the last I heard about him.

https://www.facebook.com/davehardingphotography
https://www.facebook.com/Davage
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:08 pm

This is Grant Thomas retribution on butters, he will ruin the bloke at that club by using the players, dog act and should pull his head in, what about the supporters and other players. I think its a selfish act.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:11 pm

jimbeam wrote:
This is Grant Thomas retribution on butters, he will ruin the bloke at that club by using the players, dog act and should pull his head in, what about the supporters and other players. I think its a selfish act.
Finally someone read what I posted about. Rolling Eyes
It's payback. Wink
pies417 

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:14 pm

Tannin wrote:
The price for Pavlich would be sky-high. Either that or the Freo management are totally stupid, which they are not. Two first rounders plus a top-up would be about right. He will stay at Freo, because even a Carlton wouldn't pay that much, and Freo would be nuts to let him go for less.

Your Probably right, If Judd is going it becomes bit more of a buyers market as there are less clubs competing for Pavlich's services. However if your "price is right" then he costs to much.

Would anyone go for him at that price?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: