Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Anthony Rocca. Disgrace

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 2 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
On the March 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:13 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Rocca was mauled all day.

The fact he was picked off for hands in the back is a joke when you look at the treatment he got. The best one was in the first q when he had his arm held - he didnt say a word.

All the commentators could do was laugh and that says something in itself.

However he needs to deal with it - this is not the first time other clubs or Melbourne have done this. What he needs to do is put his name on the game whether he's getting a kick or not. If he's going to give away a free kick make it a good one. It makes the opposition think twice. Thats what a Lockett would do.

The other thing is where the hell are the other forwards - he has to be creating opportunities for others if the defenders all go to Rocca - not smart.
think better 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:15 pm

You have to wonder if the umpires are under instructions for some players - eg. it is now clear the umpire's are instructed to let players like Judd carry the ball longer in tackles than others. Perhaps someone like Rocca who is very physical and does take contested marks is treated differently in marking contests.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:16 pm

when you get a chance to watch a replay, and YES Rocca got a bum deal, have a look at the efforts of ploughing into the packs and giving stupid frees away. have a look at melbourneplayers clearing the ball, unopposed, while A. Rocca has his hands on knees puffing away, while our inexperienced and under manned backline, after faltering early, battled back, and saw our entire forward line give it up. The umpiring was as close to outright cheating you will ever see , but Collingwood are better than that and still.
, SHOULD have won today. Please don't give me the crap that the ant was hard done by .and had a BAD DAY because of it. He HAS to be bigger than that.
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:33 pm

Don't be too critical of Rocca today. I recon there were about 5- 10 times he was molested and didn't get the free kick.
OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:42 pm

mudlark wrote:
Please don't give me the crap that the ant was hard done by .and had a BAD DAY because of it. He HAS to be bigger than that.

Mudlark if you and I jumped onto a footy field and i played, and got away with, what Holland was doing to Rocca I would be very, very suprised if you even got near the footy.

Maybe you should consider how well you'd be able to play under those same conditions Rocca did. There's not a player in the league that would have had a good day against those unchecked tactics.

DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:44 pm

If he got those 4 direct goals from free kicks, we would all be saying very different
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:44 pm

Heater_39 wrote:
Don't be too critical of Rocca today. I recon there were about 5- 10 times he was molested and didn't get the free kick.

Heater, I'm not denying he got one of the most disgusting lot of decisions against him today, than you will probably EVER see in a game of football. What I am trying to say is that Ant didn't adjust, he couldn't take a mark even when he finally got clear, and when the ball hit the ground, he point blank refused to chase, harass, chase, tackle, chase or take an interest in anything the team had to endure from his ineptitude.If he had the flu , like he was acting like he had, then he should not have played.
1eyedpie Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:54 pm

Heater_39 wrote:

I think Rocca Mouth's off too much to the umps! If I was an ump I too would remember these and not pay the 50\50's to him. He needs to be more disaplined when he gives a free away and stop swearing at the ump!When he gives a free away he should just clamly talk to the ump. Once they have made there decision the won't turn it around swearing at them. By calmly saying "I think you were sucked into that one ump" I am sure they would respect him more and probably pay more frees to him.

He also needs to get front position more often and push back hard to take advantage of this hands in the back rule! It's only natural when a player is pushing back hard the opponent will put his hands in his back to protect himself!

BARRACK HARD!
member34258 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:57 pm

DaVe86 wrote:
If he got those 4 direct goals from free kicks, we would all be saying very different

Didn't get them though. And his behavior after giving away free kicks ensured he would not get any frees himself.
Look at Essendon on Friday night as a prime example. They did not complain about blatant wrong frees all night.

Rocca needed to learn after the first free that he had to use forearm, not hands. Forearm is legal, hands are not. How hard is that?
DaVe86 Scorpio

Man of Steele

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:00 pm

Dont worry about the forearms rocca had in the back...worry about the forearms rocca was copping across the face.
Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:03 pm

This thread is a disgrace. To single out and take a cheap shot at a player who's had a bad day, a player who week in, week out, busts his arse for the black and white. PATHETIC!!!!
ad4eva Pisces

DaVe86 wrote:
Dont worry about the forearms rocca had in the back...worry about the forearms rocca was copping across the face.

rocca was scragged from pillar to post this afternoon and the delivery into him wasnt the greatest. Far too often were we bombing away to a 3 on 3 situation where it became easy for the backman to peel off.

rocca tried his heart out and was an abseolute disgrace the way he was treated with the umpires. I get the feeling they have a perception because hes big, a knock across the head or a pull of the jumper does nothing to stop his run at the ball. Rules for some, rules for others.

We wouldnt be where we are without him.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

The &*( umpiring was a disgrace. Holland did every thing to Rocca except hold him down and anally rape him Evil or Very Mad And if had of, Holland would have got the free for illegal shepharding, or Rocca pushing back to hard in the contest or some other bullshit fabrication.

The hands in the back rule is one thing but FFS PAY IT TO BOTH TEAMS.

I watched the game on 10 without knowing the scores. There's now a very unhappy concrete slab in my back garden that just got introduced to a 14 pound sledgehammer, courtesy of the umpires. Mad

OEP Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:07 pm

frankiboy wrote:
This thread is a disgrace. To single out and take a cheap shot at a player who's had a bad day, a player who week in, week out, busts his arse for the black and white. PATHETIC!!!!

Well said, and for the final time today Rocca didn't have a bad game the umpires refused to allow Rocca to have an impact with their disgraceful performance.

collingwoodjoe 

PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2007 6:08 pm

forget smacked in the head, he got punched in the head. punched. 6 frees against, all pretty soft, Holland gave away one, not for the punch to the head, not for the hanging on to the wrist, in fact I don't even remember what it was for, that was a very frustrating game for him, and for me!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: