Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down Bombers - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Some dodgy decisions aginst us in the 3rd qtr helped them. That 50m against Rocca was ridiculous.

The forwards just about get the 3, 2 , 1 between them today. Trav just keeps getting better and Leon in career best form.

Maxy was good and Wakes is going to be very hard to drop from here on in.

Thought OB was the best of our mids and Clarke got a bit of it as well. He does have that bit of class which should keep him in the top 22 I hope.

swooper 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:29 pm

Absoloutely loving Cloke at the moment! Has to be the most in-form CHF going around at the moment!

BTW, whats with the two bitter and twisted bomber supporters on ABC 'vent your spleen' saying that Travis and Rocca are the most over-rated players in the comp??? I say, suffer in your jocks Essendon!!
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:32 pm

Don't be fooled. This was a very good win. We took the pedal off in the 3rd quarter, but got back on top in the last, when it mattered. Great to see Rocca providing so much down forward; he helped Leon play one of his best games. Travis just gets better each week.

I just heard MM on the radio saying that he's hoping to get Rusling back in our forward line, and that there's a chance Clement might play there as well. So to all those (including me) who rubbished the idea of playing Jimmy down forward, it seems it's something that's seriously being considered.

Also, I thought it was Richards best game. Although we were well beaten in the hitouts (something like 37 to 19), I thought Richards did quite well in that area and allowed josh to float forward. We definitely will need to persist with this combination, so that our team gets used to the set up. I think this game has set us up for a long run of victories carrying us into the finals with winning form. Go Pies.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:49 pm

Very, Very good win.

Sheedy tried height at first, when that failed he went for speed. That failed too cos we're better.

After half time, he reverted to what he has done for years; when in doubt go hard at it.

We absorbed the best they had to throw at us and took the points.

yes, it wasn't a blow out like it looked like in the first half but to say our boys dropped back would be to underrate the Essendon effort. They came back hard. Really hard. they aren't a bad team at all and will shape the 8 over the next few weeks.

Unlike the Dogs who folded like a house of cards last night, Essendon this year have won the close ones coming from behind. We soaked it up, stumbled, then got our feet back and kicked away.

Damn good win.

Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 5:50 pm

clokey, pebs, neon, ob, tarks, wakes, josh, marty ... you freakin' beauty, Pies. Ripper win despite the scare, but Essendon is always going to have a quarter like that in a game due to their potent forwards and bomb in quickly style. Suffer Bummers. Our time to inflict some pain!
Big T 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:01 pm

Reckon the Bombers with Lloyd, Lucas up forward, Hille in the middle and Fletcher/Michael down back were always going to challenge. Especially Lloyd and Lucas, really only missing Hird for full strength I guess. Had Hird played would have been a classic finish I think.

Screw being disappointed, WE HAVE BEATEN THE PRICKS TWICE THIS YEAR WE SHOULD BE PARTYING NAKED IN THE STREETS!!! 10 YEARS SINCE THAT HAS HAPPENED... Well done boys and now we are absolutely finals bound, if you can't enjoy that then grab the prozac.

nomadjack 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:08 pm

Good gutsy win and a great follow up to a taxing physical, and potentially confidence sapping game last week. Second quarter was as well as we've played this year. I know it's stating the obvious but god we could use a decent ready-made ruckman.
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:25 pm

but you know what T? Jim Clement's out, so too is Bucks. Reckon there's a fair balancer for J Hird. Stuff em. Pie might!
Podpicken Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:25 pm

but you know what T? Jim Clement's out, so too is Bucks. Reckon there's a fair balancer for J Hird. Stuff em. Pie might!
choppa 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:29 pm

I ended up going to the game today. was so GREAT almost looked like winning by 80 pts in 2nd term.

But 3rd qtr the bombers fought back with a HUGE help from the umps i was abusing them so bad.

Leon, Trav, Rocca played GREAT.

TARKS!!! was so good early he set the tone. so did thomas

and LONIE played so good especially in the first half. who ever said to trade him gtfo of this forums now.

Great Win.
loch 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:32 pm

With Clemo and Bux in, it might have been a classic drubbing! Cool
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:40 pm

Big T wrote:

Screw being disappointed, WE HAVE BEATEN THE PRICKS TWICE THIS YEAR WE SHOULD BE PARTYING NAKED IN THE STREETS!!! 10 YEARS SINCE THAT HAS HAPPENED... Well done boys and now we are absolutely finals bound, if you can't enjoy that then grab the prozac.

hear hear. Very Happy

choppa 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 6:52 pm

so i was tempted to go down near the goals to see joffa cos i know he comes on nicks
but im too shy
anyone else go to the games regularly together from Nicks or anyone from here go behind the goals alot too?

be nice to come along
maggies2003 

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:13 pm

Good to catch Michael and Fletcher on bad days.. really allowed our forwards to get their hands on the ball, as usually they spoil anything... Probably the major difference...

Lockyer outstanding...
A good team performance..

If anything i think Selwoods odds of the rising star are shortening every week now.. Pendles hasnt been lifting his game to another level, whilst selwood has..
x Jenzy x Libra

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2007 7:15 pm

I usually just go to the games with my sister.

Great game!
Makes up for the loss of last week.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: