Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post match. Pies down to Tigers -All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad
Well we have to put it aside I'm over it now.
Simple fact is we are in a trough, a few unfit players coming in and other carrying injuries.
Richmond usually plays well against us and they have done very little this year so big-final for them.
We are still in the eight and things can still turn around for us - don't give it away yet'.
drfranger 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:43 pm

Complete lack of class and pace in the midfield

Draft Picks for Judd
rosspies 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:45 pm

Licuria will never get a game for collingwood again, I have to believe that!

Embarrassing!!!!!!!!!!!! performance by too many
swooper 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:48 pm

Love your positivity Mossi, but it doesnt augur well unless there is a BIG turnaround in our form.
CQ 

ambitious that

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:49 pm

wat a bunch of softc0cks!!!!!!!!! thats just sad as if they're even worthy of getting in the finals! im sick of them being duds against duds and then they play alright against good teams. so ridiculous.
Heater_39 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:05 pm

I don't care how young he is bla bla bla etc Alan Toovey is useless. Absolutely useless and should not have been in the team in the first place.
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:09 pm

Once again our plodding underskilled midfield turned up on their zimmer frames! Its about time some of our old favourite champions were pensioned off. If that means we drop out of the eight for a year or two to keep rebuilding then so be it. I'd rather see that than watching the geris getting towelled up again and again and again, against more effective and younger midfields.

And we expect to play finals!

Personally I'm not sure we are really in that league yet - unless we want to be humiliated ala last year's elimination final.

Also I can't see why the team was selected the way it was:

Toovey - apparently not playing well at Williamstown. Yet gets a game again. Why?

Bryan - has demonstrated all year that he is not up to AFL standard (the Adelaide game was an aberration) - yet picked again. Why?

Licuria - dropped because he was yet again exposed as too slow in the Brisbane game. Yet is picked again. Why?

Clark rested when he was in decent enough form. Goldsack's been great but is fading fast but left in - why?

Were we looking to lose this game?

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:12 pm

spoljar wrote:
Granted that he is a young player, but Toovey is starting to look like one very ordinary player. Starting to remind me of Mark McGough.

lol i said the exact same thing in the chat. and not just because of his eyes
David Libra

to wish impossible things

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:16 pm

What can you say. We just got well beaten by the worst side in the comp. Yeah, they were up for it. Yeah, we had an off night. But, let's face it, our dreams of a premiership in 2007 were a bit optimistic. Let's just hope we can still sneak into the top 8, and give our season some respectability from here on in. We owe it to Bucks, if nothing else, to give him a decent send-off.

I won't do my full player review tonight. Too painful.

Excused: Davis, Lockyer, Medhurst, Prestigiacomo, H.Shaw

Poor: Burns, Clement, Cloke, Cook, Fraser, Goldsack, Johnson, Maxwell, O'Bree, O'Brien, Rocca, R.Shaw, Swan, Thomas

Shocking: Bryan, Licuria, Toovey

I think it's significant that the three worst players on the ground for us also happened to be three of the four inclusions. You get the feeling Clarke and Cox might have at least contributed something tonight.

I don't want to have a go at Toovey. I like him, and he even did one or two good things tonight (well, literally one or two at best), but he really had a bad one. I hope he can pick up from this, but can't see him playing for us again in 2007.

Licuria was close to the top of the stats sheet (17 touches - side note: not one of our players got more than 20 possessions tonight. WTF?), but he was very, very ordinary. Doesn't look like he can crack it any more. Which is sad, especially with the service he's given this club.

See my thoughts on Bryan in another thread. But really, what can you say? Many of us said after queen's birthday that he should never play a game again, his game against Geelong only backed that up, and tonight did nothing to disprove that claim. Can't see him on the list in 2008.

As for the others, there wasn't much good to say. Presti tried hard all night on Richo, and it was good to see him come back on the ground after being injured. Medders, ironically, was one of our best, and probably played his best game for months. Otherwise, Lockyer and Heater tried hard as always, as did Davis.

The rest of the side were all down. I don't know if it's tiredness, or whatever? You can't really blame Goldsack, for example, but there are some big names in the 'poor' category tonight. Cloke, Johnson, Swan... where were these guys when we needed them tonight?

I hope we can bounce back and win next week, but, to be honest, I'm wondering whether it even matters.

Mossi Leo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:18 pm

swooper wrote:
Love your positivity Mossi, but it doesnt augur well unless there is a BIG turnaround in our form.

Definitely need a turn around but it does not happen overnight, I have not seen the Richmond game as yet but starting with the Lions game we have been flat. The only good thing is that it is happening now and not in september, I am hoping the coaching staff's plan is to get us firing soon as the finals look a long way off. Last year we seemed to pick up just before the finals only to be blasted out of the park by the Dogs with their best effort of the year! (that effort taxed them as they were eaten alive by the coasters). It's all ahead of us so I am hopefull we will turn it around. Wink All we need is a few players to lift around the midfield easier said than done........
Sultan of spin Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:26 pm

I concur with the sentiments completely, Toovey clearly isn't good enough to play league football and never will be and Licuria is over the hill.

Second Ruck is a huge worry clearly niether Bryan or Richards is good enough and the only reasons Josh played tonight when clearly not fit is because the others aren't up to it.
spoljar Libra

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:28 pm

I am starting to wonder as to the benefits of Arizona. The last 2 years we have actually weakened as the season has gone where the theory is that we should have been getting stronger.

Perhaps its better that we aren't going back there at the end of this season.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:28 pm

What a disgrace.
Licuria, thanks for the memories but the game has passed you by.
Bryan - as bad as Richards is, at least he can tap to advantage. Why did we pick him up when he couldn't even get a game for the SCUM.
Toovey - playing poorly at Willy and not up to standard tonight.

Centre learances - do we even know what they are.

Season over. Lucky to make the 8 now. May beat melb but what about Syd and Adelaiode - no chance!!!

Evil or Very Mad Twisted Evil Embarassed Crying or Very sad Shocked
Cakewalk 

For a minute there I lost myself , I lost myself

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:29 pm

spoljar wrote:
Granted that he is a young player, but Toovey is starting to look like one very ordinary player. Starting to remind me of Mark McGough.

McGough could actually win the footy.

ronrat 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 11:31 pm

Toovey is a uber hack. No skills, slow and poor decision making. His turnovers cost us goals when it didn't seem to matter but it cost us momentum. I would rather have seen Reid as at least he could have presented a target .
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: