Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Membership Department

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers wrote:
Crap post.

Personally hanging shit on someone cos they spoke over you. Perhaps you were being rude yourself? Having worked in customer service, some days you cop so much crap and CBF dealing with next "know it all" that calls through.

I like dealing with the club. Especially the girls in the merch shop. They're hot.

Very Happy

you said it! This is a crap post!

MACDAICOS 

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 9:41 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
MACDAICOS wrote:

Looks like Leanne will be looking for a new job next week, how dare a 'Legends club member' be spoken over.

Pfft.

Don't bother replying, not interested.

So why post??????????

The reason i mentioned to David Emerson that I'm a Legends Member and Player Sponsor, is that i pay the Club over $2500 a year and i don't expect to be spoken to like that, nor do i expect ANY member to be spoken to like that, whether they are a Season's Ticket holder, or Country Member or Baby Magpie Member!

Good for you.

eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 10:03 pm

The membership department do a fantastic job looking after over 40,00 members
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:08 am

Proud Pies wrote:
Perhaps my sponsorship dollars could be used somewhere else if this club cannot treat it’s members with the respect to which they are due. .

Yes it could!

Our sponsored elephant has siblings and mates who would welcome your support

So does the endangered cheetah population

And the magnificient white tiger and her cubs

Let alone the 30 odd million African orphans

or the folk of earthquake devasted China

let alone the poor souls of Burma

or in our own backyard the Salvos, the Smith family etc etc etc etc

best thing I ever did was re-direct my sponsporship dollars!!!!!

Right that will see me being dubbed as anti-collingwood - anyone want to buy a 25yr member pin Wink
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:20 am

^ yes MG last year - man who the hell did you pi*s of down there - no membership , no pin etc!
die4pies Scorpio

Homeward bound

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:28 am

Morrigu wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:
Perhaps my sponsorship dollars could be used somewhere else if this club cannot treat it’s members with the respect to which they are due. .

Yes it could!

Our sponsored elephant has siblings and mates who would welcome your support

So does the endangered cheetah population

And the magnificient white tiger and her cubs

Let alone the 30 odd million African orphans

or the folk of earthquake devasted China

let alone the poor souls of Burma

or in our own backyard the Salvos, the Smith family etc etc etc etc

best thing I ever did was re-direct my sponsporship dollars!!!!!

Right that will see me being dubbed as anti-collingwood - anyone want to buy a 25yr member pin Wink

Why not?!!!
Great idea.

My own personal twisted logic says that if we took some of the money OUT of the club perhaps we would have a better chance of winning a premiership. At least one this century would be nice. Geez-Louise, I sound like a St Kilda or Footscray supporter. Sad

1942. Money became the focus of the club's operations and they took their eye off the ball, literally. Money is, after all, the root of all evil.

1942-2008: 66 seasons of football for 3 premierships. 1 every 22 years. And in that time we have bought the most expensive players, nearly gone backrupt on more than one occassion and currently sit on a pot of gold. Yet after all the wheeling and dealing are we any closer to a premiership? Guess we will find out on Friday night.

Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:45 am

well, it's not like it's money just sitting there either, it's money I have to budget for, particularly when today I find out i'm going on new medication which isn't on the PBS and will cost me $200 a month........yeah, i could actually use the money I pay to Collingwood.
London Dave Aquarius

Ješte jedna pivo prosím

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:17 am

Morrigu wrote:
Proud Pies wrote:

Yes it could!

Try here: http://www.kiva.org/
Magpie_Dan Taurus

The KING And I

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 6:41 am

Should have told her to Get Fcuked Jaq, I would of!!! Smile
PAUL MEDHURST'S #1 FAN
NATHAN BUCKLEY- 280 Games 284 Goals
Bucks You Are THE KING

AT COLLINGWOOD, YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE
Proud Pies Aquarius

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 12:41 pm

I had a call this morning from the Membership Director (Justin Reeves). We had a great discussion (she won't be sacked, i made sure of that, however,theywill use it as a training tool).

Interesting to note that the Membership Dept IS an outsourced company. But the discussion I had with Justin was that there is an overhaul of the whole Membership Department happening. The problems that existed with all the memberships were actually from things that occurred 7 months prior to the last year's memberships. They are working on 2009 Memberships as now as well.

Hopefully the department will be improved and we won't have to deal with the issues that we have this year.

Happy with the outcome all round.

Last edited by Proud Pies on Tue May 20, 2008 7:02 pm; edited 2 times in total
vlad 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:25 pm

PP, good that the membership manager contacted you. Maybe things will change for the better, about time. Demoralising having to deal with them over the years, had my mix-ups too with them. William & Travis seem to be on the ball. Glad the worker isnt being sacked but doesnt seem that was your motivation for complaining. The membership department is an outsourced company, how come? did you ask about what company or anything, or if there are other companies working at the club? Seems strange way to operate, companies in companies, and we thought they were club workers.
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:33 pm

Outsourcing is extremely cost effective.... It occurs more often than you may think.
vlad 

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:45 pm

OK might be so but not always. I always thought all the staff were club staff not under a separate business. I'm glad the manager contacted PP a good move, a good move too to say about training.
Holbrook Bloke Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:50 pm

Good post Jac - Interesting that the Director said the membership Dept was outsourced - it goes some way to explaining the absence of any membership packs for our members so far.

I thought the delay might be due to the new membership categories created by Collingwood for Supporter Group members but i got a call from a SCSC member from QLD on Wednesday to say he had only just received his Captains membership - pretty ordinary considering 1/3 of the season has gone (and he's been a CFC member for 48 years!).

Travis has been a breathe of fresh air and it was great to catch up for a coffee with him but i have to say that it's disappointing that more than a few membership pack enquiry emails have gone unanswered since mid April.

I must commend Collingwood on the Supporter Group brochure, now available on the website (http://collingwoodfc.com.au/FanZone/SupporterGroups/tabid/8213/default.aspx). It's all starting to look a bit clearer now.

Camelia Grove Hotel - The best AFL pub in Sydney all season, not just the finals.
cobood Aquarius

In Bucks I trust!

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 4:46 pm

Proud Pies wrote:
I had a call this morning from the Membership Director (can't remember his name as that was on the email). We had a great discussion (she won't be sacked, i made sure of that, however,theywill use it as a training tool).

Interesting to note that the Membership Dept IS and outsourced company. But the discussion I had with the Director was that there is an overhaul of the whole Membership Department happening. The problems that existed with all the memberships were actually from things that occurred 7 months prior to the last year's memberships. They are working on 2009 Memberships as now as well.

Hopefully the department will be improved and we won't have to deal with the issues that we have this year.

Happy with the outcome all round.

Im just wondering why we werent made aware of this at the AGM last year... Confused If they didnt know then I still think that they shouldve notified us of this when memberships went out or when we all rang up and complained.... I just hope that this isnt another of their excuses...
Glad you got everything sorted out PP.... so what happens if u dont receive your ticket by the date?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: