Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Usually a glass half full person,but not with the Pies.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes...

I agree with you Pied Piper. Smile
rocketronnie 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:11 am

MACDAICOS wrote:
rocketronnie wrote:
I'm so confident we'll beat the Bombers that I'm going to the match on Saturday.

Hey Mods! Can we have a medal emoticon!

There is history to my comment that I won't go into here. Suffice to say everytime I go, well, we lose. Thus I often don't go. Jack Spain knows the story... However, I like to see the team I follow and I believe my luck will change this coming week. Thus the comment.

Kingswood 

//

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:18 am

rocketronnie you're flirting with danger here!!!!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:53 am

bwphantom wrote:
Wednesday is just too far away!!!

Can we please just merge all of these threads and just call it 'Utter Shit'

However it may need a warning label such as 'Please be warned that content inside may turn you into a loser'

Go barrack for another club....PLEASE!!!

Confused Mad Please dont insult my intelligence by telling me too support another club,i have barracked for,and defended,the Pies for around 50 long years,i have done the hard yards-i have seen our team lose 10 grand finals,utterly devastating-HAVE YOU??.I am very loyal to the Woods,but i am a realist,like Joffa,who is now cashing in his grand final tickets,would you tell HIM to barrack for another team?You and Mudlark have your views,but dont tell me injuries have not hit us hard,and the cold hard fact is,great teams do not lose too the Blues twice,not ones aiming for a flag.For what its worth,i think our future is pretty good,i always said our best chance to grab a flag is around 09-012,providing we continue to recruit well,and play the kids.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:55 am

Reductionism.
Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:03 am

Dear piesnchess.

First, I'm pretty sure you'll find joffa was having a lend in the post saying he was selling his tickets. Even if he is, why should that influence you, or anyone? That's his loss.

Second, if you've been around the block 50 times, you surely should know better than to throw in the towel with six rounds to go and the side in 5th place. Fortunately, I'm sure no one inside the club is contemplating any such thing.

I'm not saying we're going to take the big prize this year, but no way is it time to commit hari-kari.

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:09 am
Post subject: Re: Usually a glass half full person,but not with the Pies.Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
Finally,start kicking ass in the trade week to come,make Brown or Fev an offer they cannot refuse,at least try for one of em.And,go after Kerr and Cousins too,and i hear the Dockers have a big ruckman up for grabs,so lets go after him,too.things must be set in place now,so that we can and will learn the hard lessons that this season has thrown at us,and go into next year with a steely resolve that we have learned those lessons,and that we will hit back hard,with a vengeance. Wink

By the way, I'm not saying trades shouldn't be sought, but ever heard of the draft and salary cap? Or should we tank for a better bargaining position to get one of these players (Cousins aside)? And which of our players should be on the table to get them?

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:25 am

Pied Piper wrote:
Dear piesnchess.

First, I'm pretty sure you'll find joffa was having a lend in the post saying he was selling his tickets. Even if he is, why should that influence you, or anyone? That's his loss.

Second, if you've been around the block 50 times, you surely should know better than to throw in the towel with six rounds to go and the side in 5th place. Fortunately, I'm sure no one inside the club is contemplating any such thing.

I'm not saying we're going to take the big prize this year, but no way is it time to commit hari-kari.

Pied Piper,Its not about throwing in the towel,or harikari,its about planning for the long term future-realising our errors,playing the kids,and getting the most out of this year as we can.Planning by the club hierarchy would be going on right now re the draft,and MM would have his views on who he needs right now,as most coaches would.I really hope we crush the Bombers,and who knows what might happen?But my post is really about the future,ie,the next four to five years,and learning from mistakes made now,and not repeating them. Wink

Pied Piper Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:29 am

Of course the club will be planning for the future and what players we most need. Those are absolutely valid questions to ask.

But going by your first post, you've already given in. You've basically said Geelong are unbeatable, so we should just forget about it and play the kids. Look, the kids will be played, but they'll be played somewhere in between when they're most ready and when the club most needs to play them.

Crikey, the whole competition might as well hand the cup to the Cats, fold its tent and go home!

rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:31 am
Post subject: Re: Usually a glass half full person,but not with the Pies.Reply with quote

Pied Piper wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Finally,start kicking ass in the trade week to come,make Brown or Fev an offer they cannot refuse,at least try for one of em.And,go after Kerr and Cousins too,and i hear the Dockers have a big ruckman up for grabs,so lets go after him,too.things must be set in place now,so that we can and will learn the hard lessons that this season has thrown at us,and go into next year with a steely resolve that we have learned those lessons,and that we will hit back hard,with a vengeance. Wink

By the way, I'm not saying trades shouldn't be sought, but ever heard of the draft and salary cap? Or should we tank for a better bargaining position to get one of these players (Cousins aside)? And which of our players should be on the table to get them?

You just beat me to it Pied Piper. Only Carlton could find a way to pay for all of those blokes.

Dumb thread.

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:44 am

Pied Piper wrote:
Of course the club will be planning for the future and what players we most need. Those are absolutely valid questions to ask.

But going by your first post, you've already given in. You've basically said Geelong are unbeatable, so we should just forget about it and play the kids. Look, the kids will be played, but they'll be played somewhere in between when they're most ready and when the club most needs to play them.

Crikey, the whole competition might as well hand the cup to the Cats, fold its tent and go home!

Well,if we played the Cats with a full side with Rocca,Rusling and Josh all fit and firing,yeah-for sure we would give them a run for their money,we might even win.But,thats not going to happen is it,those vital players wont be back,do you honestly think we can beat them minus those stars?Look what the cats did too the dogs,just spat them out,and i bet they will thrash the hawks this week.i just feel injuries have hit us at the wrong time,but if i am somehow proved wrong,i will eat humble pie(not the magpie type!)and be delighted as anybody here. Smile

rambopriscilla Sagittarius

vvv USE FOUND FOR CAT!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:48 am

Last I checked we're not Footscray.

- "No that's God. He just tries to play like Millane"
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:19 am

Piesnchess wrote:
bwphantom wrote:
Wednesday is just too far away!!!

Can we please just merge all of these threads and just call it 'Utter Shit'

However it may need a warning label such as 'Please be warned that content inside may turn you into a loser'

Go barrack for another club....PLEASE!!!

Confused Mad Please dont insult my intelligence by telling me too support another club,i have barracked for,and defended,the Pies for around 50 long years,i have done the hard yards-i have seen our team lose 10 grand finals,utterly devastating-HAVE YOU??.I am very loyal to the Woods,but i am a realist,like Joffa,who is now cashing in his grand final tickets,would you tell HIM to barrack for another team?You and Mudlark have your views,but dont tell me injuries have not hit us hard,and the cold hard fact is,great teams do not lose too the Blues twice,not ones aiming for a flag.For what its worth,i think our future is pretty good,i always said our best chance to grab a flag is around 09-012,providing we continue to recruit well,and play the kids.

Glad to see I stirred up some of that Mongrel Supporter.

Now translate that and throw that same entusiasm of support to the team you love.

Never give up, never stop supporting.

Was not having a go just at you mate, just all the crap threads started like this after a loss. Sure they hurt, don't think for a minute that it doesn't.

And just for your info I have been following Collingwood for 40 years now. But don't really care if others have supported for 1 or 100 years, show some balls and never give up on the team. And if anyone can't do that then go follow a sport or another team. I will never give up on the Boys, and will always stand and clap them, win lose or draw, when they come off the ground.

As NP Says: “NEVER LEAVE, NEVER GIVE UP ON THEM AND ALWAYS BE THERE AT THE END TO CLAP THEM OFF THE GROUND. WE ARE COLLINGWOOD SUPPORTERS SON, EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM”!
Never say die!

Go Pies!!

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Trezegol 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:41 am

The initial post in this topic is 100% correct.

You know, we'll probably beat Hawthorn in a few weeks time.....and then we'll fly to Perth and lose with the Dockers.

We have a team of goers, with some class sprinkled around the edges. But it's not enough to win a flag.....not this year anyway.

Lockyer, Johnson, O'bree and R Shaw give 100% each week, but is that enough.

Take Rhyce for example. He could be an absolute match winner. But his disposal is pathetic. He twice ran into an open goal on Friday night - the result was a behind and an out of bounds. It's hard to criticise him when he's getting so much of the ball, but football is all about making the most of your chances.

What about our defence? Apart from young Brown and H Shaw, the backend has many flaws. O'Brien, Maxwell, Goldsack, Clarke, Johnson (when he's down back) find it very hard to clear the defensive 50 metre area. I'd love to see the stats on how many goals we concede from ball ups and boundary throw ins - we'd have to be ranked number 1. in conceding goals from these stoppages.

Why is Nick Maxwell in the team? Is it because he was going to be Buckley's heir apparent? Lucky that didn't happen. He always gets the third or fourth best opposition forward, or quite often plays as the loose man. So does he create forward moves? No. Does he win contested ball? No. Brett Burton made him look silly last week.

Now we can't go dropping everyone because we don't have the replacements. Therefore we need to trade our asses off in the offseason. If it means we get a third rd pick for a johnson or a lockyer we've done well.

And let's hope that we manage to get Daisy to put some weight one in the upper body. It's the only way he will be able to break those tags.
roar 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 10:10 am

bwphantom wrote:
EVEN IF THEY BEAT US, WE ARE STILL BETTER THAN THEM”!

That's just delusional. Saying something over and over again doesn't make it true.

I'm not saying we need to give up: I am saying that we need to get better.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: