Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Time for some pressure changes for the dons

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Frank Stone wrote:
bwphantom wrote:
Yea Dawes is the answer to all our, so called problems. Yep a guy who has not even played a game of Footy for a year until this year, who is recovering form Knee surgery, from all reports is not turining the World on fire in the VFL.

Yep play him.

And if he was played and didn't deliver in the way the masses think he should, those same posters would be calling for his sacking.
Just like they are doing with Ben Reid.

I think Reid is going to be a Gun player, people want Dawes because its time to have a look, even if he doesnt perform well we can still see how he looks, moves, reads the play and how good his work ethic is, and its a no brainier, Dawes for Maxwell who is in the worst form of his life, if Maxy isn't dropped then whats the point of players performing at vfl level if we continue to play blokes out of form at afl level?

As for Johno is seems everyone agrees on that too, again same thing as last year, we hit a wall, looked lost, played the kids and almost won a premiership, youth lifts the side to perform and indicates to players that the pressure is on, especially the senior blokes, they need to step up and lead the way.

its now or bust for Dawes and Caff this year, they might be the missing ingredient.

You need to roll the dice sometimes in footy, its time mick gave the dice a shake.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 12:55 pm

Good point Jim - Maxwell needs a spell I would give Cox a run ahead of him, his form against Essendon is decent!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Jace Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:09 pm

I like a lot of these ideas.

I think Cox has shown enuff in the VFL to be given another run & think Maxwell is due for a break.

If Leon is fit, then chuck Didak, Thomas into the middle & drop Ben Johnson also. This will give a for an Illes type player (or even a Lonie as much as some hate to say it). Heck, put Heater & Tarks into the middle more as well.

If Josh aint fit, then I think there is nothing wrong with givin Dawes a run. Yes he hasn't exactly set the world on fire, but give him a taste & that will pump him for the re season.
bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 1:31 pm

Not sure if Maxwell should be ommitted. However, I do see the reasoning behind this.

Dropping Maxwell and bringing in Dawes is just ridiculous. But bringing in Cox is a good idea as they are 2 similar type of players. And I would not object to this move as Cox is a good utility type player.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
Jace Virgo

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 3:49 pm

bwphantom wrote:
Dropping Maxwell and bringing in Dawes is just ridiculous. But bringing in Cox is a good idea as they are 2 similar type of players. And I would not object to this move as Cox is a good utility type player.

Yes, unless as some1 suggested you play Jack down back as a defender & that would have a spot available up forward.
stabpass 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:28 pm

I agree it is time to roll the dice and give one or two new guys a chance. You loose nothing removing Maxwell and Johnson and I would try Mcaffer or Dawes or /and Isles.If Jack plays back and I think he should then lets see McAffer.He is small for a key possie but by all accounts a very straight kick and quite quick .. with some service he could kick a few. Otherwise lets use Isles Jedda is seriously fast and I have lost faith in Johnno.Dawes is not ready .. he must perform better at VFL level and Fletcher would have no trouble with him. Whatever please MM don't just sit on your hands and say "it will be rite on the nite".Be pro-active and throw the dice. Won't happen though!
jimbeam 

PostPosted: Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:59 pm

Agree with Cox also, the bloke has brilliant skills and disposal. No more excuses we can fix our deficiency at the selection table.

There is also another bloke i think we are forgetting Egan, talk about a wasted talent. Would be a shame to see him not get another chance to prove himself. I know i complained about his commitment at the ball and player, but give me Egan over Johnson in his current form anyday.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:42 am

burnsy17 wrote:
Johnson and Maxwell definately need to be pushed out to the 2nd's to find some touch... who to bring in?? I'd debut McCaffer up forward and bring in another mid for Maxwell... maybe Iles.

Anthony can go back if need be.

I think you need to add Goldsack to the "Definately need to" catagory.His game on friday was terrible, even for a kid and he seems to be going in reverse since we all started saying what a star he is. A rest may wake him up before September.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: