Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 3 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nulla 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

you are now turning on Eddie, Jack

If you had of got your wish and he sacked MM you would be praising the guy.

bwphantom Virgo

It's Better to Burn Out Than to Fade Away

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:04 am

To all you posters on here that will Leave the Club if MM is re-contracted.

Please do not slam the door on the way out, none of you will be missed.

Jock McHale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:06 am

nulla wrote:
you are now turning on Eddie, Jack

If you had of got your wish and he sacked MM you would be praising the guy.

Yes, because Eddie would be putting his private interests before the club.

He can still keep the faith, but not if he renews Mick's contract. Time for change all round I think.

One question: Is Eddie so desperately holding onto power at the Lexus Centre, because he's lost so much power in the media in recent years?

His new show is as bad as Malthouse's game plan.

www.facebook.com/groups/knightsofabbotsford

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:11 am

Walking away from Collingwood during times like these is well, just not very Collingwood. Come on Turtle, this reminds me of my junkie mate who promised he was getting off the gear for good!

We are all responsible for allowing the club to become a benevolent dictatorship. This year it has finally morphed into a Stalinist regime. If you think you are right, don't walk away. I believe McGuire is more of a problem than Malthouse right now. It is time for both of them to go.

It is not a popular view I know. Not right now. But this is going to get much worse before it gets any better.

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:14 am
Post subject: Re: Would you quit the Pies if MM gets another contract ?Reply with quote

The Collingwood Turtle wrote:

On Saturday I'll be getting up at 4.45am to catch a 4 hour flight 6.10am to Perth to see the Pies play at Subiaco and to be honest I really don't want to go and it's terrible that I am feeling this way.

6 of us are going and 2 reckon they don't want to.
I'll be there loud as ever hoping for a miracle, with a couple back from injury we can drop the spuds ie L Brown, Toovey, Reid and Wood.
The egirls 'aint no top 8 team so we could get up Shocked

nulla 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:14 am

Quote:
Yes, because Eddie would be putting his private interests before the club.

He can still keep the faith, but not if he renews Mick's contract. Time for change all round I think.

And this sounds like your private interest before the clubs best interest.

You are entitled to a view Jack, but your views show a complete dislike of the club itself.

Eddie has stated he wants what is best for Collingwood. He can be challenged on his decisions and line of thought at the AGM. To state there will be a war and so forth mate is way overboard.

Collingwould Libra

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:24 am

will never walk away from the club. I actually downgraded from Captains to season ticket this year, but mainly due to personal reasons (baby magpie on the way).

But for all this carry on with Mick and Eddie, it's all good and well lynching for their jobs, but who - seriously - who is going to take the reigns? Yes I know we talk up Bucks, and there's also another bloke seemingly doing a good job already in the AFL system ATM: Scott Burns. But are they better than MM? dunno, no really, I dunno, and most of you should admit that you really dunno either

As for the President, this is a massive task, and for mine, Eddie does have what it takes and I believe he isn't there for his own good. But let me tell you, he needs to come out to the magpie faithfull (email, letter or whatever) and TELL us this.

He needs to tell us all that all decisions are made as a club and no one person dictates.

Transparency is what it's called and this unrest that's going on is hurting the solidarity of Collingwood people.

I hate seeing all the "sack the coach" and "overthrow the President" talking, sounds like Bitchmond to me, aint FFS we aint Bitchmond.
FLAGPIES 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:26 am

nulla wrote:
Would never turn my back on Collingwood.

Whatever decision is made I support it

I commend your loyalty.However if people are not held accountable then things would never change.
This is the same premise as to when Ed took over as President in 1998.
If he just stood back and was a mere loyal fan than where would the club be now?
The point i'm trying to make is that people need to be critical have points of view in order for clubs to evolve and continuing to better itself.
If we just accepted the status quo then things would always stay the same.
I can understand members not wanting to renew their membership if Malthouse is reappointed.
The frustration,anger and dismay in Mick's coaching style is palpable.
Its time for a change.We all know that Ed reads this forum and its the best way for members like me to have my voice heard by the President.
IT'S TIME FOR A NEW COACH!
jack_spain Aries

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:35 am

nulla wrote:

You are entitled to a view Jack, but your views show a complete dislike of the club itself.

Eddie has stated he wants what is best for Collingwood. He can be challenged on his decisions and line of thought at the AGM. To state there will be a war and so forth mate is way overboard.

So only the loyalists are the true lovers of the Collingwood Football Club now?

Some of us have been following the Pies for nearly 50 years through thick and mostly thin. You can't sever that sort of love. As an individual lover of the club I am not important in the scheme of things, but rich and powerful individuals like Eddie can and do influence the club for good or ill.

This decision Eddie makes will show whether he is more interested in keeping his personal loyal friends, or is considering the best interests of the footy club. You can't accuse me of privatising the Collingwood Football Club. Only Eddie McGuire has the power to do that.

I'm fed up like a lot of people around here with those at Collingwood who are simply addicted to mediocrity.

I will always support the Collingwood Football Club, NOT the Lexus Centre Cult.
Leggie Aries

Bucks for PM.

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:38 am

Never.
Some decisions made by the club dont necessarily go our way but thats the way it goes.
As frustrating as it seems at times, I will never turn my back on the club.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:42 am

Would never turn my back on the Pies, but thats only because now they are like an addiction to me - not because i necessarily enjoy watching them.
Mountains Magpie 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:45 am

Sad thread. So much for the "Side By Side" theme this year. Rolling Eyes
nulla 

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:54 am

Quote:

Jack, the club president is elected democraticaly, if you dont like the president it does not mean you are not loyal to the club.

You can dislike the Prime Minister but it does not mean you are not loyal to your country.

My comments to you today have been on what seems to me your total dislike to anything happening at Collingwood, president, coach, players.

You are obviously disatisfied with MM and his style, I would say that you will have a number agreeing with you at the end of the season and lets hope the democratic process resulting will be accepted.

Last edited by nulla on Tue May 19, 2009 9:03 am; edited 1 time in total

Nathan

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 8:59 am

jack_spain wrote:
nulla wrote:

Some of us have been following the Pies for nearly 50 years through thick and mostly thin. You can't sever that sort of love. As an individual lover of the club I am not important in the scheme of things, but rich and powerful individuals like Eddie can and do influence the club for good or ill.

This decision Eddie makes will show whether he is more interested in keeping his personal loyal friends, or is considering the best interests of the footy club. You can't accuse me of privatising the Collingwood Football Club. Only Eddie McGuire has the power to do that.

I'm fed up like a lot of people around here with those at Collingwood who are simply addicted to mediocrity.

I will always support the Collingwood Football Club, NOT the Lexus Centre Cult.

I agree with jack

while i accept that there are people who have a different opinion, i do hate the fact that unless you have blind faith in the clubs decisions, and trust in their "informed opinion", then you are somehow not a real supporter and possibly a traitor and shud not comment on anything because by definition if u disagree with the club then u r obviously wrong.

Just rubbush. Some of the most loyal people in history have been the ones willing to question the establishment.

Gen George S Patton.
US 3rd Army.
King Monkey 

Location: On a journey to seek the scriptures of enlightenment....

PostPosted: Tue May 19, 2009 9:05 am

jack_spain wrote:

I've said it before, and this time I'll stick by my word. If Mick's contract is renewed and we lose Buckley, I'll walk out the door and not return until Mick and Eddie have both gone.

Bye bye then!! Don't let the door hit your arse on the way out!! Very Happy

Oh you are a dee-mon, I love to fiiight."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 10 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 2 of 14   

Jump to: